Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Aaron Rodgers suffers broken collarbone

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Packers announced Aaron Rodgers suffered a broken collarbone Week 6 against the Vikings.
In the same tweet, Green Bay's official account admitted Rodgers may be done for the rest of the season. Brett Hundley has looked okay in his absence on the road against a tough defense, but there's absolutely no way he is even half the player Rodgers is as a future Hall of Famer, and this severely depresses the stock of every offensive skill player on the Packers. Rodgers suffered a collarbone fracture in 2013 and missed seven games with that one. Consider him out indefinitely. Oct 15 - 3:10 PM

Rest in peace Packers season. Rodgers was carrying the team, now they got nothing.

The Ravens will give you Joe Flacco, John Harbaugh, Marty Morningwheig, Dean Pees, amd a 3rd round draft pick for...anything. Just take the garbage from us lol, just looming for a reason to blow it up.

• Upvote 1

Member when Ngata was saying Flacco was good after their super bowl win? :yao:

Rest in peace Packers season. Rodgers was carrying the team, now they got nothing.

I said it in the game day thread but this could be the best thing that ever happens to Rodgers' career if McCarthy and Capers get canned. I think it's time for Thompson to go too. It's the same story with this team every year. They can never put a team around Rodgers and McCarthy's play calling has to be some of the worst in the league.

The Ravens will give you Joe Flacco, John Harbaugh, Marty Morningwheig, Dean Pees, amd a 3rd round draft pick for...anything. Just take the garbage from us lol, just looming for a reason to blow it up.

Deal! We'll give you McCarthy and Capers.

Member when Ngata was saying Flacco was good after their super bowl win? :yao:

If you are going to quote me make sure you get it right. I said he is not as bad as this board seems to think he is...still true. Not to mention had I said Patrick Willis was the nest LB in the game, it wpuld not be true today. Players get older and as they often do...shittier.

Deal! We'll give you McCarthy and Capers.

Don't you threaten me with a good time, sir. Edited by Omerta

I'm way too lazy to look back at the archives and honestly I don't even know how to do it but I'm almost positive you were making much stronger statements than that. Then again I do have a serious drug/alcohol problem so maybe not lol.

just drink some miracle water

• Upvote 1

I said it in the game day thread but this could be the best thing that ever happens to Rodgers' career if McCarthy and Capers get canned. I think it's time for Thompson to go too. It's the same story with this team every year. They can never put a team around Rodgers and McCarthy's play calling has to be some of the worst in the league.

The only problem with clearing the staff is that I'm not real sure of who is out there that would be an immediate upgrade. There aren't too many available guys that could be a great coach. Lots of Packers fan have thrown names around for a while, with Gruden amd McDaniels being the most popular. Not even sure if Gruden wants to leave ESPM, even though rumors say he would if he had a great QB to coach. I really don't want McDaniels as a HC. Great OC and all but his stint in Denver was dreadful.

You have the wrong NE coach in mind. I think the next Packers HC should be a defensive guy. Matt Patricia would be an awesome hire. Jim Schwartz, as much as I would hate to see him leave Philly would turn the Packers defense around fast. I think if you go for an offensive guy Matt Nagy would be interesting. Brad Childress and Andy Reid have worked together a lot but there is something different in a very good way about Andy Reid's offense this year and I think Nagy is a big part of that.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say an optimistic viewpoint:

If the Packers now tank, they have an opportunity to get much better talent in next year's draft and can hopefully re-tool for a better run next year when Rodgers is back.

Otherwise, Hundley plays well and they still win? He becomes trade bait to help the above point.

While, I couldn't write them off this year because Rodgers is capable of carrying them... but I still feel like the injuries and more importantly the defensive flaws would have been exposed in the playoffs.

The oline is such a mess that Hundley is gonna be really handicapped. We know that line we had at the end of the Vikings game cant run block or pass block so were kinda just tucked.

You don't tank in the NFL. Even if you're bad you need to develop your young talent and try to win games. The Packers if they miss the playoff will end up having enough good picks to improve if they hit. This isn't the NBA. Besides if you tank there's no way you could turn Hundley into an extra high draft pick.

Yeah I think the Packers are a pretty bad team that had a lot of flaws covered up by Rodgers.

You have the wrong NE coach in mind. I think the next Packers HC should be a defensive guy. Matt Patricia would be an awesome hire. Jim Schwartz, as much as I would hate to see him leave Philly would turn the Packers defense around fast. I think if you go for an offensive guy Matt Nagy would be interesting. Brad Childress and Andy Reid have worked together a lot but there is something different in a very good way about Andy Reid's offense this year and I think Nagy is a big part of that.

I don't think Patricia is leaving, at this point I believe he is the heir to the throne. Schwartz is another guy thats a great coordinator but wasn't that great of coach. I'm not sure if I would want him as a HC. DC? Sure but doubt he leaves to be a DC somewhere else.

I actually think this team is talented and could win a Super Bowl if healthy. But once again, the team is decimated by injuries. We were basically playing 7th and 8th string tackles (one was a guard) towards the end of the game yesterday. Now another difference maker on the defensive side could push this team to a whole another level.

Idk how Capers hasnt been shipped out of town yet , honesty. I actually do like most of his position coaches, but its time to turn over the reigns to either one of them or someone else completely.

Ya, Capers needs to go. I would love to find a way to bring back Greene. McCarthy is the one I'm not sure of. He can be a dumbass at times then other times he goes toe to toe with the best. Look at his games against Belichick, in both games I would say he outcoached Belichick. Also don't see too many better options at HC unless we could steal a HC away from a team. Also if McCarthy does go, then Thompson should retire and let Wolf take the reigns and build his own staff.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Yeah thats the only reason I am indifferent on McCarthy , because I dont really know who Id rather have. It could get a lot worse and really fast. I think he just needs to open his mind once in a while.

You don't tank in the NFL. Even if you're bad you need to develop your young talent and try to win games. The Packers if they miss the playoff will end up having enough good picks to improve if they hit. This isn't the NBA. Besides if you tank there's no way you could turn Hundley into an extra high draft pick.

Sorry, I shouldn't have used "tank" there but I meant their record should tank as a result of this.

I don't think Patricia is leaving, at this point I believe he is the heir to the throne. Schwartz is another guy thats a great coordinator but wasn't that great of coach. I'm not sure if I would want him as a HC. DC? Sure but doubt he leaves to be a DC somewhere else.

I actually think this team is talented and could win a Super Bowl if healthy. But once again, the team is decimated by injuries. We were basically playing 7th and 8th string tackles (one was a guard) towards the end of the game yesterday. Now another difference maker on the defensive side could push this team to a whole another level.

Not sure I agree with your take on Schwartz. He ended up getting canned in Detroit but they were a fucking joke before he got there and he took them to the playoffs after being one of the absolute worst teams in the league for years. That's a rough gig to get your first go round as a HC. Maybe the second time around he'd do better. It's not like he falled flat on his face like McDaniels.

Not sure I agree with your take on Schwartz. He ended up getting canned in Detroit but they were a fucking joke before he got there and he took them to the playoffs after being one of the absolute worst teams in the league for years. That's a rough gig to get your first go round as a HC. Maybe the second time around he'd do better. It's not like he falled flat on his face like McDaniels.

He had one decent season but also had the horrific collapse in 2013 when the Lions should have easily won the division. I watched him at the Lions and was never really impressed by him as a HC.

Also to note is that nobody knows how Rodgers reacts to a new HC/OC. McCarthy gives Rodgers a lot of control and if a new HC comes in and tries to limit this, it could be real ugly.

idt that the Packers would ever hire a HC/OC that would do that and I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to do that with Rodgers tbh. With Schwartz it would be him running the show on defense with Aaron Rodgers basically running the offense.

I wouldn't mind that reality but something about Jim Schwartz is just off to me. I have no proof of this, but he seems a bit of a snake to me. I don't particularly like how he handled his team within the locker room, in Detroit. And I don't like how he acted or handled adversity. He isn't the main guy in Philly, so I am sure it isn't as big of a deal. Teams take on the personalities of their HC and Jim seems like a mega douche with big personal issues to me.

I know that doesn't seem like a good reason, but it's good enough for me to keep him out of GB.

Green Bay should just buy up the douche farm. Gregg 3G Williams for DC, Jim Schwartz for HC, and uh... Sean Payton for OC. *shrugs*