GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Oh yea. :yep:

Movie looks so bad ass.

Last night I watched this movie called Spanglish.

"The film starts with Cristina Moreno applying to Princeton University. She tells the story of her childhood in her college essay. Flor Moreno (Paz Vega) is a poor, Mexican single mother who gets hired as the housekeeper for John (Adam Sandler) and Deborah Clasky (Téa Leoni), their kids Bernice (Sarah Steele) and Georgie (Ian Hayland), and Deborah's mother Evelyn Wright (Cloris Leachman), a rich American family. John is head chef at a popular restaurant, Deborah a former businesswoman turned stay-at-home mother and Evelyn a former jazz singer. Flor speaks very little English. She fails to mention that she has a daughter, Cristina (Shelbie Bruce). John, Evelyn, Georgie and Bernice are very likeable; Deborah, however, is uptight, her behavior often upsetting both households. Summer comes and Flor is needed 24/7 at the Claskys' summer home. Unable to communicate, Deborah finds a neighbor to translate. Flor reveals that she is unable to maintain these hours because she has a daughter, but Cristina is invited to come stay with them.Cristina interprets for her mother. She impresses Deborah, who begins to treat her like a daughter, taking Cristina shopping, getting her hair done, enrolling her in a private school, and showing her more love than she does the sensitive Bernice.Flor becomes unhappy when it appears that Cristina is influenced by Deborah, in part because she wants Cristina to keep in touch with her Mexican roots and working-class unpretention, and partly because Deborah is overstepping her bounds. Flor objects to Deborah's actions to John, who is apologetic in an endearing way. Flor does lose her temper when she finds out that John gave Cristina over 600 dollars in cash for a minor task. She threatens to leave but decides to stay after John convinces her to do so for Cristina's sake.Flor begins to learn English so she can communicate better. She becomes closer to John, who is having difficulty with Deborah's self-centered behavior. The alcoholic Evelyn realizes that her daughter is having an affair and that her marriage is in trouble. She pleads with Deborah to end the affair because she'll never get another man as good as John. Deborah confesses to John that she cheated on him. John walks out and gives Flor a ride in his car. They go to his restaurant, where he cooks for Flor and they enjoy the "conversation of their lives," feeling love for one another. Flor resists the temptation to continue and John never mentions Deborah's affair.Flor quits and takes her daughter home. She tells Cristina that she doesn't want her to go to the private school anymore either, upsetting Cristina and causing her to scream in the middle of the street that Flor is ruining her life. Flor says Cristina must answer the most important question of her life: "Is what you want for yourself to become something very different than me?" Cristina considers this on their bus ride home, and eventually they embrace. The film ends with Cristina as an adult, years later, acknowledging that "all she is today" rests on the simple fact that she is her mother's daughter."

I personally thought the movie was decent, but it was a little bit hard to follow during some sections of the movie!

I personally thought your summation of the plot was decent, but a little hard to follow due to the lack of paragraph indentions.

• Upvote 1

I personally thought your summation of the plot was decent, but a little hard to follow due to the lack of paragraph indentions.

I appreciate that, and in hindsight I should have left room for paragraph separation and indentations.

Based on thesummation of the plot, do you think you would want to see the movie?

Watched 21 for the second time tonight. Still a great movie, but wasn't as good as the first time I watched it, of course.

• Upvote 1

You know how I know you're gay...

I know it's not because my girlfriend picked the movie, huh? :p

Takers

(500) Days of Summer

I loved this movie. Usually not a Film Festival kind of person but this will be the exception.

Re-watched one of my old favorites, Michael Mann's Heat. Best cops & robbers movie ever.

• Upvote 2

The Manhattan Project.

Lord of the Rings, Return of the King.

Still my favorite movie ever.

Dmac, is this your favourite one out of all three?

King, Fellowship, then Towers. But those are my three favorite movies ever, so ranking them means very little.

King, Fellowship, then Towers. But those are my three favorite movies ever, so ranking them means very little.

my thoughts exactly. lol.

Although Return of the King had me on the edge of my seat almost the whole movie, which makes it #1 for me. :p

Just went and saw The Change-Up last night. The premise is not very original, (switching bodies) but it was very well written. I laughed a lot more than I thought I would. I've been a huge fan of Jason Bateman since watching Arrested Development, and he and Ryan Reynolds put on a great show together.

It's the same writers who brought us Wedding Crashers and The Hangover. Overall it's a pretty funny movie that you can bring your girlfriend to no problem even with the large amount of boob shots and crude humor.

I'd give it around a 7/10.

Caught some of Mortal Kombat.

30 Minutes or Less

It was a decent comedy... It was (or maybe just felt) really short though. Nothing you have to see.

Captain America. I wasn't all that thrilled by it, but it was still okay.

Bloodrayne - The Third Reich

Very shitty flick, other than the boobs.

Saw Conan today. Give it a C+.

THE BAD

- Weak dialog. Most lines were one or two lines

- Too many cliche moments.

- 99% of the cast mailed it in and was just there for the paycheck

THE GOOD

- Jason Mamoa is a complete badass.

- Great battle scenes

- Some nice homages to the original

I only paid $6 for the matinee so I guess I can't complain too much. It's certainly worth getting on DVD when it comes out.

Final Destination 5 in 3D

Death scenes were excellent, a little over the top which made it almost laughable but still done pretty well.

Plot isn't much different from the previous movies in the series, and the acting was sub-par, which is to be expected. Dialogue was just awful at times, though. Overall I would say its better than all the other save for the original.

6/10

Saw Watchmen for the first time yesterday. The first third of the movie was pretty disappointing, but thankfully after that it picks up. Main complaint with the movie are the random songs peppered throughout. Most of them completely ruin the feel of everything.

Edited by BlaineDifference