GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Texas Chainsaw. The new one. Or the old one I don't remember. All the same. Kids go to Texas kids surprised to find chainsaw serial killer in Texas.

Always a good time watching a few people get hacked up over some popcorn though.

Edited by Barracuda

I don't really understand your complaint... You think this is a much better remake of the Wrath of Khan? Khan was already introduced into the show before the film... He actually had a real motive to go after the Enterprise and it's crew from previous build up. Khan didn't control any crew members, he didn't overtake an alliant ship to take out the Enterprise (although a similar scene was in the movie, it was under much different circumstances).

The only similarities are the radiation poisoning killing a crew member and the those torpedos, which.. I don't recall Khan developing in Wrath of Khan but it's been like 10 years since I have seen the movie... lol. And the torpedoes in this film really weren't talked about much for their capabilities as matter forming devices. The torpedoes only importance in Into Darkness were the cryo tubes inside of them. Also completely different. Thus the only real thing they really copped out on, I would say, was the whole radiation poisoning thing... Which Wrath didn't solve in the same film anyway and those events directly effected the course of the next one or two films -- unlike what I believe will happen with this series.

Into Darkness was an introduction to Khan in this version of the universe while it was far from the case in Wrath of Khan.

Did you want them to avoid using Khan? You can't avoid the arch-nemesis of Kirk like that.. you just can't. That would have been a huge disservice to the series.

My only question is whether the next film will be Khan escaping cryo and exacting revenge or if they will go another route for the next film and bring Khan back for a potential 4th film.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Texas Chainsaw. The new one. Or the old one I don't remember. All the same. Kids go to Texas kids surprised to find chainsaw serial killer in Texas.

Always a good time watching a few people get hacked up over some popcorn though.

I can't eat anything when watching horror.

Gatsy, IN THREE DIMENSIONS!

The snow falling and water fountains was about the only thing making it worth watching in 3D but hey, why not? It definitely didn't take away anything from the film. I had reread the book before seeing it and honestly, I'm not upset. I did go in knowing that the movie wouldn't touch the book.

As for Toby playing a crap role, I agree. They would've been better off with a nobody. Leo was plenty.

The Great Gatsby was a very very good movie, IMO. Toby completely sucks (maybe that's just me) and brought it down a couple notches... But Leo was an amazing Gatsby, and the film really captured the spectacle. Very well done.

Also, I am literally laughing over here regarding Vin's review of Star Trek. Just last week he was saying how much he enjoyed seeing everyone complain about Iron Man because he doesn't read the comics.... Well, the tables have turned... Star Trek was AMAZING. Khan was AMAZING. Epic movie, and I will be seeing it again Tuesday night... It was so good, I literally don't know if I would have changed much of anything. The Star Trek universe is quite clearly in competent hands with JJ Abrams.... When all is said and done on this series of films... It may very well be one of my favorites of all time. I like it that much, really. And even though it is fun pouring salt into Vin's wound as he did to me last week, the movie was just awesome from start to finish.

Khan?????? I didn't see the movie yet!!!! I should kill you!!!

I don't really understand your complaint... You think this is a much better remake of the Wrath of Khan? Khan was already introduced into the show before the film... He actually had a real motive to go after the Enterprise and it's crew from previous build up. Khan didn't control any crew members, he didn't overtake an alliant ship to take out the Enterprise (although a similar scene was in the movie, it was under much different circumstances).

The only similarities are the radiation poisoning killing a crew member and the those torpedos, which.. I don't recall Khan developing in Wrath of Khan but it's been like 10 years since I have seen the movie... lol. And the torpedoes in this film really weren't talked about much for their capabilities as matter forming devices. The torpedoes only importance in Into Darkness were the cryo tubes inside of them. Also completely different. Thus the only real thing they really copped out on, I would say, was the whole radiation poisoning thing... Which Wrath didn't solve in the same film anyway and those events directly effected the course of the next one or two films -- unlike what I believe will happen with this series.

Into Darkness was an introduction to Khan in this version of the universe while it was far from the case in Wrath of Khan.

Did you want them to avoid using Khan? You can't avoid the arch-nemesis of Kirk like that.. you just can't. That would have been a huge disservice to the series.

My only question is whether the next film will be Khan escaping cryo and exacting revenge or if they will go another route for the next film and bring Khan back for a potential 4th film.

I don't really see this as a remake of the Wrath of Khan, just a movie in which Khan appears, and shares a couple similar scenes.

I didn't want to see Khan at all. And there aren't really a ton of similarities, but the Spock "Khan" yell, and Kirk dying instead of Spock just don't sit well with me. I dunno, I guess I was hoping they would add something new, instead of pretty much recycling old scenes. Just bugs me.

You can't leave Khan in cryo for perpetuity, but they didn't do a good job of particularly explaining why Khan was bad, other than Old Spock ("brb, lemme give future me a call." Absolutely hated this scene) saying he was a threat, and a throwaway line that he wanted to genocide all those who weren't "superior". My guess is that there's gonna be a war or some looming threat (Klingons? The Doomsday Machine? The Borg? (though they might be worn out at this point) and there's going to be a need to thaw them out. Fourth movie is a lock for him to be thawed out, but I'd say it happens in the next film. The actual "Wrath of Khan" will probably happen whenever he gets thawed out, but then, I don't really know what there is to "Wrath" over.

Edited by Vin

OH COME ON... the KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! was great. I forgot about that, but yes.. It was a do-over. So awesome though. SO AWESOME. A nice homage, IMO.

Also, thank you for clarifying.... You just really hated those few scenes. We still disagree. :p

Also, ya... Not sure what their next move will be. Should be fun though. And there is a lot to "Wrath" over. Of course, it depends a lot on what, if anything, happened from the time of his capture to his induced Cryo and then also depending on the circumstances of his... er... un-freezing. But he could seek revenge for Spock 'obliterating' his crew.

Should be awesome, whatever it is. :yep:

Edited by Favre4Ever

Having seen Into Darkness finally, I entirely agree with Favre. One of my favorite movies in the sci-fi genre, loved every minute of it.

• Upvote 1

Prometheus-I liked it a lot, thought it was really cool. Michael Fassbender did a good job in his role, I liked the story, pretty cool thing to think about.

Fast & Furious 6...meh. It was exciting to watch, but it just feels like everyone around me has a hard on and I just came away mildly entertained. I still hate Vin Disel and Dwayne Johnson as actors too. I'd give the movie a 6.5/10, maybe a 7 if I was in a better mood.

Best parts of those movies are afterwards in the parking lot when everyone burns out in their shitty cars... haha.

I have NEVER had the urge to go and watch the Fast and Furious movies.

• Upvote 1

Three movies I've watched on Netflix:

- My Way: A story about a young boy whose family works for a Japanese military official during the 1920s and the official's grandson. They are both avid runners and they both become fierce rivals for national marathon trials. The story is really, really great. The character development of the Japanese boy is key for the ending, and when I got to the end I was crying on the inside (for srs). I really, really liked this movie. 9.5/10

- Special Forces: It's kind of like Act of Valor, but not as cheesy (I liked Act of Valor but it seemed really cheesy and forced). Basically, this close-nit unit of six special forces for the French Army goes into Pakistan to save a French reporter kidnapped by a man named the "butcher of Kabul". I felt like the characters were a bit more developed, a bit more suited for their roles (as actors, obviously), and had more more emotion in their performance. Then again, I AM comparing a pretty solid cast to that of actual Navy SEALs. The story also isn't as, "OH GOD THE TERRORISTS ARE GOING TO BLOW US UP AND THE DAMN MEXICANS ARE HELPING!"... it's seriously just a rescue mission. It's still got a few things wrong with it that I just can't put my finger on... but I liked this movie. 8/10

- Silmido: A story about a special unit trained to be the best in South Korea and their ultimate fate. This is a very good movie. I don't really want to go into detail on it, because I fear that I might give something away. Anyway, the acting is solid and the characters develop pretty well. I give this one a 9/10.

I recommend all of these. They are either under Military Dramas or Foreign Dramas for Netflix Instant Stream.

I honestly want to see Hangover 3, but nobody I know really does so I had stick with F&F6. If someone I know will go with me to see Hangover, I will. If not, I'll wait for Man of Steel to be my next theater trip

The Lion King.

KungFu.jpg

Still a ten... or...

5261299_std.jpg

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Eh, I will go watch it. lol. They aren't that good, but I still like them for the most part and enjoy them. Decent action flick that gets the adrenaline pumping.

Eh, I will go watch it. lol. They aren't that good, but I still like them for the most part and enjoy them. Decent action flick that gets the adrenaline pumping.

This x100. I get annoyed by all these people who act like these movies are gold or something lol. I saw it at Downtown Disney and our huge crowd was constantly applausing every action scene, it was getting annoying lol.

Ya, and if you realize that, I think you can enjoy it a lot more.

I resent them mostly because of the fan base they somehow have. My friends act like it's a classic, but literally nothing about these movies is memorable. People these days are addicted to action and explosions and can't tell a plot is solid and the acting meshes well unless they read on a review site that the critics liked it.

Me neither, I watch better film like Friday the 13th. :smug:

Fast 6 crushed Hangover in the box office this weekend. Wow. No wonder why there will be a 7th one. :p

I saw it. Thought it was good, one of the better F&F movies, and the next one should be even better.

The sixth entry in the cars and capers series earned a stunning $98 million from Friday to Sunday, with a projected $122.2 million for the four day holiday, with $98.5 million of that from the traditional Fri-Sun weekend. That’s the third or fourth biggest Memorial Day debut of all time,

They had a $160M budget and have turned almost double that in revenue so far... In 3-4 days they have made $160M in pure profit. Ridiculous.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fast6.htm

Edited by Favre4Ever

Star Trek: Into Darkness. Pretty frickin' awesome in my book. I liked it more than the first, honestly.

• Upvote 1

Bubba Ho-Tep... just didn't find it all that interesting.

5-6/10

Star Trek: Into Darkness. Pretty frickin' awesome in my book. I liked it more than the first, honestly.

Because it was. Need Moar Benedict Cumberbatch.