GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Went to two movies at the theater yesterday.

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Wasn't expecting to like it too much. Ultron and Scarlet Witch were awesome, but the movie was dragged down by Black Widow, pussy Hulk, Captain America, and the cutesy "humor" that is just HILARIOUS to the lowest-common-denominator fuckfaces that feel the need to laugh at/repeat every line out loud. Action scenes were mostly good, but a lot of the writing was just fucking terrible and only got by on subject matter, as is the case for most of the Marvel movies. 6/10

Poltergeist (3D) - REALLY didn't want to see this, but my gf loves going to shitty horror films, so I did it for her. Sam Rockwell was the lone bright spot in an otherwise terrible fucking movie. 3/10

The Untouchables. Just a pure classic.

• Upvote 1

Theory of Everything: 8/10

Eddie Redmayne hands down deserved that Oscar. The movie itself did a great job moving the pace when it needed to because the material wasn't at all times that interesting. The movie was also able to dramatize Hawking's life without making it trivial, but give it enough style that it works in any country. Also Matthew Murdock in this movie ftw.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There were a few nonsensical things like

Max leaving Bane alive so he could tear the engine off and kill the kid skinhead, the kid skinhead just COMPLETELY swapping his point of view at the drop of a hat after growing up brainwashed, few other things.

i actually think it made sense. He spent his whole life building up this image of the guy in his mind and then he's completely rejected by him. Then at his most vulnerable, someone that was his enemy shows compassion to him. It wouldn't be too surprising to see him latch onto something else so quickly.

Clerks 1 and 2

The Imitation Game: 9/10

Very hard to separate the story from the film when talking about movies based on a "true story"

This story is over the top amazing...filled with almost ever level of drama and emotion, but in the end it is from real life so the originality of course can't be credited. The transitions of the movie made it a little confusing especially when you add in some very highly intellectual content to begin with. The acting all around was A-level (except Knightley :no: )

If Cumberbatch wasn't already English then I would have said he should have won the Oscar.

Control. Decent twist, outstanding lead acting.

Fury: 9.5/10

Thought it was some Star Wars tank movie with all the red and green laser-like bullets

Crazy, Stupid, Love.

:notbad:

• Upvote 1

Office Space

• Upvote 1

The Theory of Everything.

8.5/10

I personally thought the Mandarin twist in Iron Man 3 was incredible :badass: Completely unexpected, played super well by Sir Ben. Didn't have to watch Iron Man beat up an old guy for the climax of the movie.

This is far from the first time I've been brain-linked with Vin.

--

Maggie - 8/10 - It was damn good, better than I expected. Arnold is for real in this one, def one of his best acting outings. Some big feels shots.

Tomorrowland - 7/10 - Maybe I expected too much, but it was kind of meh once I got over the constant barrage of special effects. Story was good though, and I love Clooney movies.

Would You Rather on Netflix. I do not get old of movies with these type of plots, even if it's not necessarily a really high quality film. Am an absolute sucker for them. And Brittany Snow is nice to look at. I really enjoyed this movie.

The plot is ppl get invited to a billionaire's dinner party to compete in a "game" and the winner gets a ton of money (each person has a family member with health problems, etc, so that's the reason that they need the money). But they get more than what they bargained for as they soon find out this billionaire is psychotic and this game has life or death consequences. Great twist at the end too even tho I saw it coming from a mile away.

Edited by BradyFan81

Horrible Bosses 2: 9/10

Hilarious

4ppsK48.jpg

Can't wait.

• Upvote 1

Mad Max: Fury Road. It's definitely what you expect in terms of action, and you get your money's worth. I enjoyed Tom Hardy's 50:50 grunt-to-dialogue ratio.

Insidious 3. Better than 2, not as good as 1.It was a lot of fun in a really bad kind of way. Also, I realized that movie theaters are a great place to prove that so many stereotypes are actually true.

Project Almanac: 4/10

Great potential that it was never able to deliver on. Done with the "found footage" movies :yao:

While the cinematography was horrible and made the movie annoying to watch after awhile, and the acting was pretty garbage....the movie had some good moments right in the middle with some comedy that for a second made you think the movie had turned around....but then the final part reminds you that the movie sucks.

Would like to see a black version of this :think:

"I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this"..............

Really? And you're calling it oscar-worthy already?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1