GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfj1VCg16Y

It had me until the "inspired by true events" at the end. Still probably watch it though.

Saw Jurassic World today. 8.5/10.

Liked it more than I thought I would, but then I'm a sucker for animals doing non-typical animal things. Thought the cast was actually solid. Didn't hate the kids, didn't hate Bryce Dallas Howard's character, thought D'Onofrio was nicely unlikely. Not a bad little movie at all. :notbad:

The sequels are likely going to suck, however. I'm not sure where they can go, given the underlying arc of JW, that isn't totally absurd and over the top.

Also, was the death of

BDH's British assistant like the most brutal non-villain death in the series. That one dude in the Lost World that got ripped in half is probably technically worse, but at least that was over quick.

Felt like they wasted an opportunity to have D'Onofrio disemboweled like Grant mentioned to the kid at the beginning of JP1. Would've been a nice little throwback.

Edited by Vin

Unfinished Business: 6/10

Very middle of the road movie. Plot was garbage and the execution was very sub par, but some HILARIOUS laugh out loud moments. Even if you don't like all the jokes...Dave Franco is just beyond hilarious to me in this movie good lord I couldn't stop laughing every time he was on screen.

Slow West: 7/10

Really reeeeeaaaalllly unnecessary movie. Even though it is based off a "true story" the overall story just has no reason to be told. However besides that it is a very quick and efficient movie with great everything from the acting, to the shots, to the execution. Just had no reason for you to care about it.

That's not Idris Elba.

• Upvote 1

Finally watched Age of Ultron a few days ago, and I wasn't really impressed. I liked it, but it was just kinda meh. The storylines of all the Avengers trying to work together felt like the same arcs they tried in the first movie, and Ultron wasn't as badass as I was hoping. Granted, I did watch the movie on a red eye flight while I was very tired, so maybe that's part of it.

• Upvote 2

Ex Machina: 7/10

Not what I was expecting. From all the hype and trailers I was expecting a top of the line script. The cinematography was great and the effects for the small budget was amazing. If this movie did one thing well it was BUILD TENSION. Oscar Issac's acting was amazing, but at the end of the day the movie was so predictable and overall I didn't really care about the plot because there was no reason to.

American Sniper: 7/10

Another movie that was not what I was expecting. Was expecting a movie more about the fallout of a solider coming home and trying to cope with the pressure of his title and the weight of his actions in combat. Didn't expect so much wartime shots, but it made for great action. Just not the movie I was expecting. Great job by Bradley Cooper, but the movie just fell really hard the last 10-15min.

Maze Runner 6 / 10

For a movie where all the actors are kids / teens / young adults, it was better than I expected. I never read the book(s), so that didn't really play a role in my satisfaction or lack thereof. I am sure the book is much much better.... ha. Oh, and Jojen Reed is in it. Total badass.

Insurgent - 5/10

I actually liked the first movie in the trilogy. More so than most anyway. So I was pretty excited to finally check out the sequel. Not so good...

Kingsman: The Secret Service - 10/10

This is some bad ass shit right here. Absolutely hilarious and amazing in pretty much every way. There better be a sequel on the way

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Kingsman: The Secret Service - 10/10

This is some bad ass shit right here. Absolutely hilarious and amazing in pretty much every way. There better be a sequel on the way

Samuel Jackson was subtly hilarious in that movie.

Goodnight Mommy - 7.5/10

Twitter is raving about how terrifying this movie looks, but it's more creepy than it is scary. You just have a strange feeling about how it's all going to end for a very long time, and you don't know how it ends until it ends.

Edited by OSUViking

Sony released a bunch of dates for some of their planned movies....

Resident Evil 6 in early 2017.
Bad Boys 3 ('17) and Bad Boys 4 ('19)
Uncharted ('17)
and.....

Jumanji at the end of 2016. >_>

So did they remove the plane scene from Rogue Nation? Maybe the online version I've watched hasn't been a full copy, but I've rewatched it twice now and don't remember seeing the plane scene at all.

Predator Sequel Will Reinvent The Franchise

Jamie Lovett- 08/14/2015

Iron Man 3 director Shane Black is getting ready to take the reins of the Predator franchise with an upcoming sequel, and the producer John Davis says fans should expect something very different from what’s come before.

“Shane’s got a writing partner, Fred Dekker,” Davis told Collider. “They’ve been doing it together and Fred’s great. The two of them together, they’ve been in the business for a long time, but the writing is so fresh, the perspective is so fresh. I’m telling you you’re going to get something you don’t expect and you’re going to say, ‘This is the most entertaining way to reinvent a franchise.’ I mean he’s the guy who wrote Iron Man 3.”

While it seems Black is hard at work on the film, it’s unclear if it will be the next project he gets out of the gate. He’s also working on film adaptations of Doc Savage and The Destroyer.

LINK: http://comicbook.com/2015/08/14/predator-sequel-will-reinvent-the-franchise/

Sony released a bunch of dates for some of their planned movies....

Resident Evil 6 in early 2017.

Bad Boys 3 ('17) and Bad Boys 4 ('19)

Uncharted ('17)

and.....

Jumanji at the end of 2016. >_>

Uncharted :ooo:

Can't wait.

EDIT 2:

‘Jack Reacher 2’ Reportedly Adds Cobie Smulders to the Cast

2012’s Jack Reacher was only a modest success at the box office, but it had a trick hidden up its sleeve – it was actually a really good movie that people watched after its theatrical run and liked. So Jack Reacher 2 is coming and for fans of stripped-down, adult-oriented thrillers who never get tired of watching Tom Cruise crash stunt cars for our amusement. That’s excellent news. It’s also excellent news for fans of Cobie Smulders, who has supposedly joined the cast.

LINK: http://screencrush.com/jack-reacher-2-cobie-smulders/

Edited by BucD

Fruitvale Station

Seen this movie when it came out and just watched it again on Netflix. Extremely powerful movie, so sad that it is a true story. I think def a high 90% movie, but Michael B. Jordan's performance is an easy 100%

Never has this movie reigned so true since all the police brutality happening since it came out.

Straight Outta Compton - 10/10 - Can't really say enough about it. Had me smiling from the start. Definitely the best movie of 2015, and as far as bio-pics go, gtfo. Ice Cube's son is fuckin incredible man. He's gonna be massive if he keeps this up. I think people who aren't even interested in this genre of music will still like this one quite a bit. There's a good bit of history omitted or circumvented but it rings true for the most part. Lots of stuff I didn't know about either. Yins should def go see it or something.

They definitely left this out of the movie:

Front.jpg

Dre :yao:

Straight Outta Compton - 10/10 - Can't really say enough about it. Had me smiling from the start. Definitely the best movie of 2015, and as far as bio-pics go, gtfo. Ice Cube's son is fuckin incredible man. He's gonna be massive if he keeps this up. I think people who aren't even interested in this genre of music will still like this one quite a bit. There's a good bit of history omitted or circumvented but it rings true for the most part. Lots of stuff I didn't know about either. Yins should def go see it or something.

They definitely left this out of the movie:

Front.jpg

Dre :yao:

All the actors in the movie did really well.

Caught Training Day a few days ago on IFC (great channel that shows movies with commercials, but uncut), and damn, I forgot how great this movie is. Fantastic from start to finish, and Denzel Washington is menacingly awesome. Definitely one of the best cop movies ever.

• Upvote 1

It's sad that you stopped at one of the best cop movies ever. It's one of my favorite movies ever.. Period. lol

Watched Hitman today. One of the best video game movies every made. Not amazing, nothing ground breaking... But overall a solid effort. I didn't leave disappointed or upset, which is a plus when talking about VG movies. I also never played the games, so that might have helped... I dunno. Looks like they are ready for a sequel though, I'd probably go see it.

full disclosure, I am very drunk, so take this with a grain of salt, but I just watched Goon on Netflix and it was fucking hilarious, not sure how it'd hold up sober, but drunk me says it was excellent entertainment

full disclosure, I am very drunk, so take this with a grain of salt, but I just watched Goon on Netflix and it was fucking hilarious, not sure how it'd hold up sober, but drunk me says it was excellent entertainment

I've been meaning to see that

Whiplash. It was cool to see Miles Teller (who I went to high school with), but J.K. Simmons fucking owns this movie. Incredibly, frighteningly intense. Oscar well deserved.

Mild spoilers if you haven't seen the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzAsk9MsNKE

Edited by SteVo