GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Was just using a phrase wasn't talking actual Vegas odds. But in the movie circle Fassbender is def the top name right now.

I'll make you a sig/avatar/ban bet that Leo wins Best Actor. Whatever you want.

I thought Fassbender was great, but if the movie circles are saying he deserves it over Leo... movie circles are wrong. It is very clearly Leo's to lose. He would have to literally give it to somebody else to lose, IMO. Granted, weirder things have happened. Not saying it's impossible, but, just seems pretty unlikely.

Haven't seen The Revenant just yet but heard it was pretty much 2 hours of DiCaprio breathing heavily and grunting but TGP tells me it's Oscar stuff.

Also want to go see Hateful 8 here soon. Decisions, decisions...

You honestly cannot go wrong with either. Both are really good movies, IMO.

The Revenant is a different type of Leo movie. Not much dialogue from him but his performance is really good nonetheless. Tom Hardy is excellent in it as well and honestly should be getting a ton more recognition for it, IMO.

Hateful 8 is just classic Tarantino. If you enjoy Tarantino's style, you'll enjoy this movie.

They released posters for Now You See Me 2. i don't care what you say, I am excited.

Also, FOX is full of so many massive tools I can't explain my rage:

Reynolds also discussed earlier concepts that were to be included in Deadpool, including cameos and X-Men appearances:

"We had endless [conversations about other X-Men]. Taskmaster was in the script originally, too expensive. We had versions where we wanted Hugh Jackman in there, we wanted all kinds of cameos from different people, but it just becomes a big mess of the studio.

"We went through such hell developing the script and which X-Men we could keep and which we couldn't and it just turned into a nightmare. The studio would just say, 'too expensive, too expensive, too expensive' to everyone. So we were like well, 'what about Negasonic Teenage Warhead' and they said, 'Negasonic, what?'"

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Saving Private Ryan.

Such a good cast.

Saving Private Ryan.

Such a good cast.

Except for Matt Damon of course.

Deadpool - 10/10 - As someone who has been reading Deadpool comics since he was in issues of X-Force, I thought it was super well done, and absolutely entertaining from start to finish.

Zoolander 2 - 7/10 - Saw this movie get a ton of bad press, but idk, I laughed some. Wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't the first one.

Saving Private Ryan.

Such a good cast.

Tom Sizemore :rock:

Straight Outta Compton: 8/10

Didn't know Jameis Winston was playing Dr. Dre, but really good movie.

From the opening scene the movie had you captivated. It's hard to watch these types of movies without comparing the truth to what they are showing you...with that being said the movie was sugar coated a little, but the story was told in an exciting way.

Ice Cube's son really brought the movie down at times when he had to speak, but I guess looking like his dad really balanced it out a little. The movie takes a noticeable downward turn at a certain point in the movie, but I really enjoyed how the movie kept you engaged throughout the two plus hours.

Gods of Egypt

It was terrible but in a very fun and excitingly good kind of way.

The Martian: 9/10

dis cast DOE!

Very entertaining, leaned a lot heavier on the comedy than I thought it would, but made for a great movie. Missed on some spots where it could have really nailed the emotional parts, but overall really enjoyed myself. Wish I saw it in theaters.

..... But won't ever watch it for a second time. :smug:

Zootopia.

9.8/10.

Right up there with Pixar's best.

Was not expecting anything going into this movie and was blown away by the themes handled, the plot, and the animation.

Zootopia 9/10

Wish the best part wasn't in the trailers (sloths, IMO anyway)... And loved the Breaking Bad hat tip. Good stuff.Loved the idea more than anything.

Loved the Frozen reference with the weasel who was Duke Wesselton.

The sloths were amazing, lol.

Room: 10/10

There is nothing more powerful than putting actors in a very small and finite amount of space and letting them create. This movie is amazing on so many levels.

Feels like a hybrid of Gone Girl, The Lovely Bones, and Boyhood. Brie deserved her Oscar, and the young boy deserved a best supporting actor Oscar.

Spectre: 7/10

Easily the most underwhelming of the Daniel Craig Bond movies.

Cloverfield

Pretty ridiculous... lol. But I like John Goodman and he was creepily awesome.

Carol: 6/10

Not the easiest to follow, not the strongest story, but some amazing acting by the leads.

Feels like a lot was left on the table in terms of the depth of the story. Living in such a close-minded time and the type of relationship that happened....could have explored the social ramifications a little bit more.