Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Edited by NEFan

And so will my PS3 apparently. :(

I still have my launch model PS3 :yep:

I still have my launch model PS3 :yep:

:clap:

This makes my third: first one yellow light'd, and the second one (which was a replacement from Sony) just had the blu-ray drive go out (or at least it's in the process of going out).

And here we thought it was the XBOX that was faulty. Only had to replace mine once. Haha :p

I bought BF3... got home from work, try going to play some online multiplayer, and I get this "can't connect to EA servers" message... I'm none to happy right now.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. No opinion on it yet.

Battlefield 3

Playing the Multiplayer atm...and it's awesome. Some glitches of course (like just about every game) but it's to be expected...patches will fix any issues...

:yep:

What's the science behind the sniping? Obviously there has to be some kind of indicator or something to judge drop and distance. Or... is it all guess work?

Been playing some BF3. I have enjoyed it though it's quite a bit different from CoD, more than I was expecting. My only complaints are the lobby system, it was built for the PC and was poorly ported to the 360. You cannot back out and you cannot adjust your classes between game, have to do it during the game or go to customize on the main screen. Along with a couple glitches that should be fixed. I have only played a bit of the campaign but it's been fun so far.

I have yet to fly a helicopter or jet, so still wanting to try it out.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

I just decided to do something I rarely do anymore; I pre-ordered the collector's edition of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim....it is $150, but gave me a semi-chubby when I read what all it includes:

1. 12" Statue of Alduin 'The World Eater'

2. 200 PAGE coffee table book of artwork from the game.

3. Making of Skyrim DVD

4. Map of Skyrim (like they had in Oblivion)

May not sound like a lot to some, but I am a fucking NERD.

• Upvote 1

Might get this now...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211502p1.html

Heavy Rain is one of the most unique and beloved PlayStation 3 exclusives. From the minds at Quantic Dream, Heavy Rain tells the tale of a father put in the ultimate bind after his son is kidnapped by the dangerous Origami Killer. An "Interactive Drama," Heavy Rain is unlike any game you've ever played before. We here at IGN loved it so much that we gave it a 9.0 and an Editor's Choice Award. It also won IGN's 2010 PS3 Game of the Year.

And now, a special edition of Heavy Rain is PS3-bound. Entitled Heavy Rain: Director's Cut, this new edition of the game will cost $29.99 and come with the following:

• The Complete Heavy Rain Game
  • Heavy Rain Chronicles, Episode 1: The Taxidermist
  • Heavy Rain Original Videogame Score
  • New menus and interface, fully PlayStation Move supported
  • 8 "Making of Heavy Rain" Videos
  • Three Dynamic Themes
  • 15 new pieces of concept art
  • 2 bonus trailers

Could this be a sign that Quantic Dream is working on a sequel to Heavy Rain? Better yet, is it a sign that a different Quantic Dream project is underway? That's all conjecture for now, but we can be excited, right?

Heavy Rain: Director's Cut is set for release on November 8th in North America. There's no word yet on its release schedule in other territories. You can read more about it at the PlayStation Blog.

And...

Today is a good day for PS3 and PSP gamers. The PlayStation Blog has revealed that smash-hit Square RPGs Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI are coming to the North American PlayStation Store.

Chrono Cross, the spiritual successor to the SNES RPG Chrono Trigger that originally came to the PlayStation late in that console's life in 2000, will be released on the North American PSN this coming Tuesday, November 8th. It came out on the Japanese PSN back in July, and there's no word yet on when it will come to the European PlayStation Store.

Final Fantasy V, the job-heavy RPG which first came to North America back in 1999 as part of the Final Fantasy Collection seven years after its Japan-only release, will be released on the North American PlayStation Store on November 22nd. This is old news for Japanese and European gamers, which already got a taste of Final Fantasy V on their PS3s and PSPs back in April of this year.

Finally, Final Fantasy VI, first released in North America as Final Fantasy III in 1994, will come to the PlayStation Network in North America on December 6th. Again, Japanese PSN gamers got the game back in April of this year, and Europe in June, so this is old news to them, too.

It's important to keep in mind that these will all be released as PSone Classics, so they won't be Trophy-enabled. If they are priced similarly to other Square PSone Classics, they will cost $9.99 each.

Now, go celebrate.

Chrono Cross FTW

Heavy Rain is one of three or four games I have played that are console-exclusive, since I don't have one, I used a friend's.

It's one of the best games, plot-wise, ever. And I really don't think that's an exaggeration. Just a great game.

I'm currently going through Mass Effect 1 and 2 again to set up Shephards for Mass Effect 3.

I'm also going to get Skyrim as soon as it comes out.

I also preordered Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, just the game.

Edited by NEFan

Uncharted 3.

Epic game is epic.

/jealous

I need to pick this up ASAP!

First one was awesome...second was epic...and everything I am hearing about the third is that it too is epic...

/jealous

I need to pick this up ASAP!

First one was awesome...second was epic...and everything I am hearing about the third is that it too is epic...

Dude, the Chapter I just finished playing through would be enough for most games final levels or something and I'm only like 30-40% through the game. It's like you're playing through a live action movie.

I just beat Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood in preparation for Revelation...though I don't see myself playing anything other than Skyrim for the next 3-6 MONTHS.

Modern Warfare 3.

I went straight to online multiplayer and was pretty disappointed at first.

Over time (I've logged 3 hours thus far), it's gotten much better. My issue was that I have been playing nonstop BF3 for the last two weeks. And approaching this game is just SO MUCH different. You have to think, act, and move differently and at different paces.

One thing they majorly fucked up on is the fact that the maps seem to keep getting smaller and less spacious. We all know that CoD games don't have the spacious and massively large maps. And I am cool with that... HOWEVER. In MW3, not only are the maps small, but there is just a bunch of crap everywhere. There really isn't a lot of room to do anything. I think they tried doing this to avoid camping... Because you are almost forced to keep moving or at the very least stake out a small area, rather than just one spot in the map. It still really blows. They have effectively removed sniping from the game, which is a huge disappointment.

One good thing... The weapons seem to be more appropriately staggered. What I mean by that is... In games passed, people always found these way overpowered weapons at low levels and then just rape with them.

In MW3, it definitely feels like you get the best weapons the higher you progress, level wise. I am still pretty low leveled... but it sure seems that way to me so far. I LOVED the Mp5 in games passed. And awesomely, you get it right away. So I was rocking the MP5 for quite a while... Decided to try one of my new assault rifles, and much to my surprise the MP5 really fucking sucks.... lol

They separated kill streaks into assault and support, which is pretty cool. Mainly because I always geared my streaks in the passed into helping the entire team, rather then just bloating my kill count.

Game also seems a lot more balanced, which is a nice change of pace. You still see guys going 25 - 6 or something alone those lines, but you don't see many, if any guys with 30+ kills and under 10 deaths. It just isn't logical anymore. I think K/D ratios everywhere will be dropping.

I have a lot more to say, but that's just a few thoughts early on.

I have yet to play campaign, and I sure hope it delivers.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Kinda cool..

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212048p1.html

We already knew that Skyrim was enormous, but it may be even bigger than we thought. According to Bethesda's Todd Howard, the game's Radiant story system means that there's no limit to the quests it can provide.

As you encounter each of the game's factions, such as the Dark Brotherhood, you'll be able to complete a series of scripted quests. Once you've completed all of them, smaller quests will continue to be randomly generated, such as stealing items or assassinating NPCs. The game will never run out of these quests, meaning that they can be generated infinitely.

"The vibe of the game is that it's something that you can play forever," Howard told Wired.

Kinda cool..

Holy Damn! I spent nearly 1000 HOURS in Oblivion over three characters...Skyrim is going to blow that out of the fucking stratosphere. Only 2 more days...

Game also seems a lot more balanced, which is a nice change of pace. You still see guys going 25 - 6 or something alone those lines, but you don't see many, if any guys with 30+ kills and under 10 deaths. It just isn't logical anymore. I think K/D ratios everywhere will be dropping.

I went 45-4 yesterday. I usually go around 2.0 KD every game. That's standard for me but you're right; people rarely get more than 3.0 KD in a game (except for like, 9/3 lol).

FYI - NUKES are back. My friend got one yesterday. It's automatically on no matter what, so whichever strike package you choose, 25 kills in a row gives a nuke. It doesn't end the game this time though just wipes out the enemy team all at once.

Anyways, my friend says the campaign is really good. I've completed a few missions. It's okay so far but my friend said the ending missions are phenomenal.

Spec Ops is fun, as usual. My friend (same as before) and I always go through Spec Ops (69/69 stars in MW2) and we're about 5 missions with 3 stars right now.

I can't stop playing FIFA 12. So addicting. I don't think I'll buy MW3...Hasn't gotten good reviews so far, and I already have BF3. I just haven't gotten much into BF3 because of FIFA 12 :happy:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1212201p1.html

Gabe Newell announced today that Steam's database and forums have been hacked. According to Newell, Steam's forums were defaced earlier this week, and further investigation led to evidence that the hackers had obtained access to the Steam database.

"This database contained information including user names, hashed and salted passwords, game purchases, email addresses, billing addresses and encrypted credit card information," Newell wrote. "We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked. We are still investigating."

While the hackers may have had access to the data, it isn't immediately clear how much information they actually took, or if any of it has been used.

"We don't have evidence of credit card misuse at this time," Newell added. "Nonetheless you should watch your credit card activity and statements closely."

Beyond personal information, Newell also issued an advisory about Steam forum accounts. All users will be required to change their passwords the next time they log in, and Newell recommends changing the passwords on any other accounts that used the same password.

"We do not know of any compromised Steam accounts, so we are not planning to force a change of Steam account passwords (which are separate from forum passwords). However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to change that as well, especially if it is the same as your Steam forum account password. We will reopen the forums as soon as we can. I am truly sorry this happened, and I apologize for the inconvenience."

Great. At least I never did get around to putting my new number into Steam's database.

I hate when games require you to have Steam to activate them.