Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

While I am definitely excited for some of these titles... I really think I can hold off on an Xbox One until, hopefully around Black Friday and I can get some super bundle thing or whatever. Especially now that they will be sold without Kinect.

I am REALLY tempted to buy a Wii U, though. :shifty:. Been thinking about it for a couple months now..

I'd recommend getting one with a Kinect though. It's just super convenient when you have one.

1,001 Spikes for the 3DS. (It's available on a lot of different platforms)

This game is fucking hard!!! It's a throwback to the difficult NES days of old. This game is not for the weak-minded.

I'd recommend getting one with a Kinect though. It's just super convenient when you have one.

$100 worth of convenience though?

Also, kinda like MHG right now. I am in a weird gaming funk right where nothing really interests me (even bonafide titles I know I enjoy)... I have just mostly been flopping around between titles.. Putting in an hour into Asura's Wrath.. Started up Arkham City,.. Been playing quite a bit of CoD lately, which is depressing as hell. A little Madden to quell my football cravings. Hell, I even went back and logged into my old runescape account (ya, the funk is real). Nothing is really holding my attention right now. Just very 'blah' as far as gaming goes.

And to top it all off, I went to Gamestop the other day and just bought a bunch of really cheap games that I missed out on when they released YEARS ago. Also got NASCAR '14, because I have been kind of craving a racing game... It wasn't bad, but I sucked so much at keeping control in the corners that I couldn't finish a race. I took it back, no joke, about an hour after I bought it (gamestop is only about 7 minutes from my house).

Also got the first installments of Army of Two, Hitman, and Homefront, as well as MoH Warfighter (I like the first one, I don't care what anyone says, lol).

I was trying to find a non-shooter / RPG / Sports game or something.. but nothing really stood out, unfortunately.

I will probably never play any of the games I just mentioned.... >_>

I just want to say one thing. It's in reference to Packers Dynasty saying games are being ported over to PC, not made for them.

While this may or may not be true, I wouldn't know, there is one thing I do know as a strict PC gamer, (yes, I am an elitist, I will take that term)- we as a community almost always make a game better.

Neverwinter Nights is in my top-5 all-time games of any genre because of the PC community. Ditto Skyrim and FO:NV. Games like Dark Souls may be ported over to PC and not optimized for them, but give the PC community a month and we have

A) a graphics patch that increases resolution on all textures

B) a way around GFWL's ridiculous saving thing

C) bug fixes that are a ton ahead of schedule that the console version got.

Darksiders was the same way.

To say you need to buy a console because somehow games are superior on there due to the way they are designed just means you havent done your research bro.

Let me know what game you think is designed for console that is also on PC, and I bet you 95% of them have mods that make the game better than the original.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

$100 worth of convenience though?

Also, kinda like MHG right now. I am in a weird gaming funk right where nothing really interests me (even bonafide titles I know I enjoy)... I have just mostly been flopping around between titles.. Putting in an hour into Asura's Wrath.. Started up Arkham City,.. Been playing quite a bit of CoD lately, which is depressing as hell. A little Madden to quell my football cravings. Hell, I even went back and logged into my old runescape account (ya, the funk is real). Nothing is really holding my attention right now. Just very 'blah' as far as gaming goes.

And to top it all off, I went to Gamestop the other day and just bought a bunch of really cheap games that I missed out on when they released YEARS ago. Also got NASCAR '14, because I have been kind of craving a racing game... It wasn't bad, but I sucked so much at keeping control in the corners that I couldn't finish a race. I took it back, no joke, about an hour after I bought it (gamestop is only about 7 minutes from my house).

Also got the first installments of Army of Two, Hitman, and Homefront, as well as MoH Warfighter (I like the first one, I don't care what anyone says, lol).

I was trying to find a non-shooter / RPG / Sports game or something.. but nothing really stood out, unfortunately.

I will probably never play any of the games I just mentioned.... >_>

Blur is a very overlooked racing game that was very fun, though you did need somewhat of a good computer to run it.

If you are looking for a non-shooter game that is an RPG, Blackguards is very good, just recently came out. Divine Divinity has been receiving a ton of praise.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

I just want to say one thing. It's in reference to Packers Dynasty saying games are being ported over to PC, not made for them.

While this may or may not be true, I wouldn't know, there is one thing I do know as a strict PC gamer, (yes, I am an elitist, I will take that term)- we as a community almost always make a game better.

Neverwinter Nights is in my top-5 all-time games of any genre because of the PC community. Ditto Skyrim and FO:NV. Games like Dark Souls may be ported over to PC and not optimized for them, but give the PC community a month and we have

A) a graphics patch that increases resolution on all textures

B) a way around GFWL's ridiculous saving thing

C) bug fixes that are a ton ahead of schedule that the console version got.

Darksiders was the same way.

To say you need to buy a console because somehow games are superior on there due to the way they are designed just means you havent done your research bro.

Let me know what game you think is designed for console that is also on PC, and I bet you 95% of them have mods that make the game better than the original.

I realize that the majority of these games do have mods, if allowed, that do make them better. And I wouldn't even dare to say a game is better on a console as I'm a fairly strict PC gamer right now. But why should the community need to have these mods to make them better? Why can't a company actually optimize the game? Rather than just port it over.

There are good companies like Rockstar that waited a year to release GTA V for PC but it is being completely optimized for the PC and plans to blow players away. Or the Division has been pushed back even more because they want it pushing a good PC to its limits.

There are multiple companies that are not mod friendly so trying to mod them becomes a pain. As for a game designed for the console, look at really any Ubisoft or EA game. Nearly all of them are designed for the console, ported over and since they run through their own DRMs rather than Steam, not exactly mod friendly.

The part about buying a console is more towards the exclusive titles. I would love to play the Uncharted series, The Last of Us, Destiny, and other great titles but cannot unless I go buy their consoles.

what

every single ubisoft game i've played on PC has been an excellent port. all the ACs, far crys, splinter cells, the only recent one in history has been watch dogs lol.

EA games made for console? I have fifa, battlefield, mass effect and several other EA titles that run pretty much perfectly (and better) on PC.

the only BAD port was dark souls 1, which was fucking disgusting because i don't think the company even cared. but that was modded.

not sure what other games you're talking about aren't well optimised :shrug:

Fire Emblem: Awakening aka Waifu Emblem.

Let the pairings begin! mwahahahaha

• Upvote 1

Back playing a little D3 again...

PL'd my Monk from 60 to 70 one night (about 30 minutes) thanks to a buddy that plays. Should have done my 60 Barb first as Monks are the new, old, WD's. At least until the 2.1 patch, apparently.

I think I am going to aim for the gear to do the Leapquake Barb build. It's pretty nasty.

Anyone still play? If so, add me. MJay#1138

I've got over 100 rift keys... :)

what

every single ubisoft game i've played on PC has been an excellent port. all the ACs, far crys, splinter cells, the only recent one in history has been watch dogs lol.

EA games made for console? I have fifa, battlefield, mass effect and several other EA titles that run pretty much perfectly (and better) on PC.

the only BAD port was dark souls 1, which was fucking disgusting because i don't think the company even cared. but that was modded.

not sure what other games you're talking about aren't well optimised :shrug:

You are apparently not getting my point. Just because the port is done well, doesn't mean it is optimized for the PC. The graphics may be a bit better but all of the games you just mentioned don't even come close to pushing good PCs to their limits. That's the point I am trying to make, I want games like the original Crysis that will push my PC to it's limits. Not everyone is going to have great computers so aiming for the 30 fps at 1080p is a good goal but why not allow players to boost it even more without mods or having to worry about a physics engine crashing?

Kinect always has me screaming at my TV.

You want games like the original Crysis to push the PC to its limit and since you aren't getting those, (try The Witcher 2)... you're going to buy a console.

I don't know where you are coming from with optimization stuff, but its baloney. There is one reason to buy a console over a PC: You like the titles that are restricted to that console. That's it. Your other argument makes no sense.

• Upvote 1

Been playing some LoL again. Getting better at it

Fire Emblem: Awakening aka Waifu Emblem.

Let the pairings begin! mwahahahaha

That game is in my Top 5 games I've played of all time. Get ready to lose a lot of hours of your life to it.

Skyrim, for the umpteen-millionth hour. This game is still horrifically addicting to escapists like me.

• Upvote 2

Battlefield: Hardline looks sweet. If I can get that on my computer when I go to college, I'll probably waste so much time playing that. I think the new direction is cool, though I'm not too intrigued with the campaign given how bad the previous two have been.

You want games like the original Crysis to push the PC to its limit and since you aren't getting those, (try The Witcher 2)... you're going to buy a console.

I don't know where you are coming from with optimization stuff, but its baloney. There is one reason to buy a console over a PC: You like the titles that are restricted to that console. That's it. Your other argument makes no sense.

Are you even reading what I am saying? I just said the only reason I would buy a console was for the exclusive titles. Come on man, not that hard to understand.

You clearly don't understand optimization at all, and naming a PC exclusive title isn't proving anything. What I've been saying this entire time, is that I want a title that is on all platforms to be better optimized for a PC without the community having to make mods. Instead you have all the games that were named earlier like; AC, Far Cry, splinter cells (though Division is supposed to be different) and etc that all ran quite easily on a good PC and should have been pushed farther.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Guest Phailadelphia

I built a brand new gaming PC and have had no time to play with it. Anyone looking to buy?

The offer is tempting, but I will have no room for it in college and I'm probably getting a new laptop soon for college anyways.

What are specs, I might have someone who would like it.

EA never ceases to amaze. I got some DLCs for KoA, and can't seem to find them anywhere. Restarted my Xbox a million times, done all the instructions I can find online, nothing.

$9 gone to the shitter. :/

Fire Emblem is addicting, but now the Four Job Fiesta begins. My first job is... Black Mage.

You can join me here right now for a good 3 hours.

https://join.me/311-376-345

Edited by RazorStar

It's not in the chest, Dmac? Do you by chance have a disc that is from a different country / region?