The Falcon

Last TV Show You Watched?

Finished Sons Of Anarchy - 5.5/10

Way too much Gemma. Too many illogical turns in the plot. And too many things went unanswered or were dragged out for seasons on end.

Moving on to Stranger Things and then the new season of Narcos :rock:

Edit:

Finished Stranger Things - 9/10

Unexpectedly nervy at times and was overall just an engrossing show. Winona the god

Edited by BJABY
  • Upvote 1

Narcos Season 2 is really good. Not done yet, but pretty close.

Almost halfway through season two of Penny Dreadful. Loving it.

Almost halfway through season two of Penny Dreadful. Loving it.

A shame the way that show ended.

A shame the way that show ended.

Hmmm...so it ended well then... :yao:

Hmmm...so it ended well then... :yao:

Lol youll see what Im talking about. THE END.

Narcos season 2 :ooo:

LONG LIVE COLOMBIA

Designated Survivor. Pretty damn entertaining, and very similar to 24, for those who watched it. Definitely gonna be a weekly watch for me. :yep:

Longmire season 5 :rock:

Felt way too much like a filler season for me. Not much progress in the main story line, and the progress they did make, they left still open ended for season 6. Feels to me like they wanted to do more this season but just ran out of time, only having 10 episodes. Would have benefited greatly from a 12/13 episode season.

I know they're almost certainly going to green light a season 6 and want to leave some story lines for it..but they left pretty much every story line unfinished, which is a bit disappointing as a viewer.

Finally about to finish my Sopranos binge. Some thoughts:

How I'd rank the seasons: 5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 2

Other than a slight step down in season 2, I felt the show got stronger as it went on until season 6. I appreciate the more ruminative tone, and it contains some of the show's absolute best episodes, but overall, it is undoubtedly slower than previous seasons and feels bloated.

I was going to just list my favorite episodes but I felt it would be more interesting if I narrowed it to a top 5. For the record I just picked 24 episodes to narrow down. Here it goes...

5) Join the Club - I almost had to pick one of the dream-based episodes, and this one is my favorite. I love the coma trip, but Edie Falco dominates the hour.

4) The Blue Comet - A barnburner from start to finish. Action-packed, aggressively sets the stage for the series finale.

3) Pine Barrens - Turning the Chris/Paulie relationship into a single-episode story was a brilliant idea.

2) Whitecaps - Tony and Carmela had so many great moments together in the show's run, and this is the greatest of them all.

1) Long Term Parking - Speaks for itself once you've seen it. An emotional powerhouse.

Ok finally, my interpretation on the ending...

Tony dies. He gets shot, thus the cut to black. Not that complicated. :D

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

I'm gonna do my favorites hits of the Sopranos. Hits as in someone gets whacked which means they ded.

Season 1:

Donny Paduana: DiMeo associate in the Junior Soprano Crew. Killed by Mikey Palmice for saying some ugly shit.

Donny was helping find the guys who were gonna kill Tony. Christopher ended up getting in the way which may have saved Tony's life. Donny met up with Mikey and Chucky who were top guys in their part of the family. Donny made a joke about Tony's mom wanted him dead and Junior overheard and told Mikey to take care of it. Mikey tells Chucky to stop Donny from leaving who was in his car and then Mikey grabs his gun and looks both ways before he shoot Donny to death. Lol, I love this scene. Junior at the end lmao :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoBC3xC1Mjw

Chucky Signore: DiMeo Solider in Junior's Crew. Killed by Tony Soprano for conspiring with his uncle and Mikey Palmice to have him killed.

Tony surprises Chucky at the marina, Chucky looks nervous as hell saying "Ton', what the fuck you doing here?" Tony says relax and shows him a fish he caught then pulls out a gun that was hiding in the fish and takes care of Chucky. Just awesome. Tony then wears the hat Chucky was just wearing seconds earlier hahahaha. So great. Tony with the help of Silvio then get rid of Chucky's body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKAlAR5Bhw

Season 2:

Philly Parisi: Solider in Junior Crew. Killed by Gigi Cestone for spreading some nasty, nasty stuff about tony and his mother and that Tony could take control of all of Junior's crew. Philly picks up Gigi from the airport and gives him a ride to his house and then shoots him at extremely close range. Was kinda sad about this. Patsy :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeuJeBGXdos

Salvotore "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero: Solider in the Soprano Crew. Killed for being an FBI informant. This guy was a brother to all the guys close in Tony's faction. After they finally got word that Pussy was indeed a rat they brought him out to looks at boats and eventually had to do what was ever so painful. Tony, Paulie, Silvio unload shot after shot and get rid of the body. That's one big boy. Damn you, Sal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOK8zWYw_N8

Season 3:

Dino Zerrili: associate in the Aprile Crew. Killed for attempting to rob a mob poker game with Jackie Jr. and Carlo. Shots were fired and the dealer Sunshine was killed. Carlo was killed, Jackie ran and Dino was fucked as he couldn't escape as Christopher and Ally Boy chased him down and pumped some lead into his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lxk0PiYSqc

Will do 4-6 later.

Edited by Bay
  • Upvote 1

Had been watching the new season of American Horror Story despite disliking the past two seasons...was actually going good but last week's episode went completely off of the reservation. Probably won't continue watching.

Have started Westworld and Luke Cage, both very good through the first two episodes.

Edited by BJOSA

Anybody been watching This Is Us. It's something.

Black Mirror Season 3 :rock:

Watched episode 1 and 2, so far so good.

Decided to go back and rewatch/finish Naruto. Damn, this show is funnier than I remember.

I predicted right. Westworld is ALREADY on Game of Thrones' level. Best show on TV right now, period. :yep:

I predicted right. Westworld is ALREADY on Game of Thrones' level. Best show on TV right now, period. :yep:

I am going to chalk this up to Westworld being more recent and Game of Thrones being out of season.

It's at least more unpredictable. I already know how GoT ends.

Edited by Sparty

Westworld topped GoT season 1 ratings. That said:

WESTWORLD, SEASON ONE: 1000/10

Show caters to fan theories more than GoT does, and yes, that is a huge slap in the face to PBJ oh sorry, R+L=J fans.

Edited by Sparty

Watched all of Sherlock in a week. Amazing series, the humor is A+ as well as the mysteries.

Edited by Sparty
  • Upvote 1

Currently on Netflix: I'm working my way through The Walking Dead (reasonably entertaining) and The Office (absolutely hilarious, which I'd been following it live)

Finished Fuller House s2 and working on Luke Cage.

Caught the 2nd episode of Taboo, with Tom Hardy, last night. Forgot it came on last week and for whatever reason FX doesn't replay their shows throughout the week like every other cable network out there. Seems pretty good, though it kinda has this weird feeling that it would be better to binge in it, but I look forward to watching how things play out.