Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update: Eagles trade Kolb to the Cardinals

Per Rotoworld.com:

In a poll of seven GMs and personnel executives by the Boston Globe, just one believed Kevin Kolb was unconditionally worthy of a first-round pick.

Four said Kolb was not worth a first-round pick, while two others said he was only if the acquiring team had "no other options." The pendulum has definitely swung in the direction of "Kolb is overrated" this offseason, but there should still be at least one or two clubs ultimately willing to surrender a first-round pick for him. Jun 5, 8:31 AM

Source: Boston Globe

Per Rotoworld.com:

Pass rusher Trent Cole believes Kevin Kolb will emerge as one of the NFL's elite quarterbacks once the Eagles trade him.

"Kolb can play. He is very, very accurate," said Cole. "I compare him to Tom Brady. I really do. They can both throw it downfield. But they both know how to use the entire field. ... Kolb can make every throw. He knows where his players are. He, like Brady, is a great leader." The Brady comparison is silly, but Cole's opinion mirrors that of coach Andy Reid, who has been effusive in his praise of Kolb. Jun 16, 2:17 PM

Source: FoxSports.com

Per Rotoworld.com:

SI.com's Jim Trotter hints that the player the Eagles would like to receive in a potential Kevin Kolb trade with the Cardinals "will surprise you."

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is the name most often bandied about, so he can be disqualified under this scenario. Other names floated in various circles include Patrick Peterson, Beanie Wells, Tim Hightower, Daryl Washington, and Greg Toler. We feel confident that Peterson will not be on the table, though Wells would certainly qualify as a "surprise." Jul 1, 11:15 AM

Source: Jim Trotter on Twitter

I really hope that "surprise player" is Daryl Washington...

Per Rotoworld.com:

Dave Mahler of 950 KJR Seattle has "heard from a source" that the Seahawks "have offered" the Eagles both a first and third round pick for Kevin Kolb.

Mahler is a well-known Seattle radio personality, but isn't usually in the habit of breaking big news like this. His wording of "have offered" would imply the deal was discussed either before the transactions freeze or when the lockout was briefly lifted on April 28. Recent rumors have had the Eagles seeking players instead of draft picks in return for Kolb, but it's hard to believe they would be able to turn down both a first and third rounder. Jul 2, 1:47 PM

Source: Dave Mahler on Twitter

Appearing on ESPN Radio Thursday, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported that Kevin Kolb is already looking at real estate in Arizona.

Kolb seemed convinced he'd be traded to the Cardinals on a recent Dan Patrick Show appearance, so it's not surprising that he's already perusing the real estate market. The obvious stumbling block to a Kolb-Cardinals trade is the amount of compensation. It's expected to include Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a draft pick, and Arizona will also have to fork over a long-term deal at least in the Matt Cassel range (six years, $63 million).

Related: Cardinals

Source: Colin Cowherd on Twitter

your more than likely going to get DRC and a 3rd rounder

Appearing on NFL Live Friday, ESPN's Adam Schefter sounded convinced that a trade that will send Kevin Kolb to the Cardinals is already a done deal.

"100 percent he's traded and Arizona is the first, second, and third most likely landing spot," Schefter said. Arizona may be tempted to lower its offer if there is truly no other competition for Kolb's services. The Eagles will try hard to create the impression that Kolb remains in demand around the league.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer confirms that NFL player trades can be completed officially on Tuesday at 10:00AM ET.

McLane suspects that a Kevin Kolb trade will be finalized by 10:01AM. There was some confusion earlier today about whether trades could be completed on Tuesday, or if they'd have to wait until Friday like free agent signings. Though free agent negotiations can occur all week, signings can't become official before Friday night. Trades will be processed immediately.

Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter

Both John Clayton of ESPN and Albert Breer of the NFL Network report that no Kevin Kolb trade is imminent.

"They think it may take a day or two but it looks like it'll still be Arizona," said Clayton. "Good things happen for those who wait." Jeff McLane of the Philly Inquirer suggested that a Kolb trade would occur at 10:01AM ET Tuesday, but that time has come and gone. Kolb remains likely to land with the Cards.

Source: Arizona Sports Central

Everything I keep reading out of Philly says not to sleep on the Seahawks because they may be willing to offer a 1st round pick. Stay tuned...

The best thing about getting a 1st is that if Kolb does suck (which he won't if he gets a good OL... but we're talking Seattle and Arizona)... we get a rllllly rllllly high pick.

The worst thing is I want a corner that can start NOW. Aso would be great in FA, but we are probably going to be contenders in a big battle for him. DRC is a solid and very young prospect with lots of natural ability, and the thought of having him is growing on me a lot.

Edited by westbrookforsix

Looks like no matter what happens, the Eagles are getting a great deal. I hope for their sake, Vick wasn't a one year wonder (I dont personally believe he was).

Looks like no matter what happens, the Eagles are getting a great deal. I hope for their sake, Vick wasn't a one year wonder (I dont personally believe he was).

I'm more worried about him getting hurt than losing production. He's been both frail and risky his whole career. Not a good combo.

Trading Kolb could really bite us if we don't get a veteran, or if the FO is wrong about Kafka.

According to Tim Ring of 3TV News in Phoenix, the Eagles are trying to "squeeze" the Cardinals for a first-round pick and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in exchange for Kevin Kolb.

It's an absurd return for an unproven QB with several question marks. We find it borderline unfathomable for Arizona to meet that asking price when they could get Kyle Orton for a fraction of that cost. The Cardinals need to call Philadelphia's bluff, as the latter no longer has any leverage. Beat writer Kent Somers doubts the Cardinals will give in at that price.

Source: Tim Ring on Twitter

Citing multiple sources, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that trade talks between the Cardinals and Eagles remain ongoing, and Kevin Kolb is still expected to be sent to Arizona "by the end of the week."

Multiple reports emerged earlier in the afternoon that talks had progressed, so Schefter is just beginning to put icing on the cake before the deal's consummation. Schefter confirms that the Eagles will receive Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, "and a draft pick" (the level remains unclear). The Eagles' website, in fact, has already begun selling Rodgers-Cromartie jerseys.

Source: ESPN.com

If the Eagles managed to get DRC and a first I would shit myself. Not happening but it'd be sick

Per Rotoworld.com:

Cardinals acquired QB Kevin Kolb from the Eagles in exchange for CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2012 second-round pick.

Kolb will land a five-year, $63 million contract with over $20 million guaranteed to take over as Arizona's much-needed franchise QB. It's a high price to pay in dollars and assets, penance for failing to develop Matt Leinart and wasting a season on Derek Anderson. We would have preferred Kyle Orton for a mid-round pick, but the Cardinals are obviously sold on Kolb as the solution. Though Larry Fitzgerald is now locked in as a top-five fantasy receiver, Kolb will remain a high-end QB2. Minus the Eagles' dynamic weapons, Kolb's upside takes a hit from last summer. Jul 28, 2:54 PM

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

GREAT return for the eagles. I was never really high on Kolb in the first place, so this is even better, imo.

I have no complaints :shrug:

Wow. Kolb is signing a deal almost identical to Aaron Rodger's deal..... Seriously? I have a feeling Aaron is going to be wanting to rework his deal soon.

Eagles now: :bounce:

Cards within the next two years: :tissue: