Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

The Official Kenny Britt Arrests Thread

Per Rotoworld

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports Titans WR Kenny Britt was arrested on three counts, including evading and lying to police, after a car chase Tuesday afternoon.

Police attempted to pull over Britt at 4:30 p.m. ET Tuesday, only to have Britt put the pedal to the medal in an effort to outrun the long arm of the law. Britt stopped the car after a few miles and tried to walk away as if he had been the passenger in the Porsche. Britt was charged with eluding a police officer (third-degree felony), lying to an officer hindering apprehension, and obstructing governmental function (misdemeanors). Britt's run-ins with the law since entering the league include two traffic related arrests, an assault claim from a November bar fight, and trouble related to bail for rapper friend Albee Al Robinson. Much like Dez Bryant, he's a directionless 22-year-old kid during the lockout.

Source: FoxSports.com

:facepalm:

Fucking receivers.

Fucking receivers.

seriously, I can see why Fisher always avoided the elite receivers

Thing is, I didn't know about the prior arrests. Most NFL fans probably didn't either. He could have kept his nose clean...but here we go.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Ugh. Receivers.

• Upvote 2

Kenny Britt is scheduled to appear in Hudson County (NJ) Superior Court on April 19 following his Tuesday arrest on three charges.

Britt is facing one felony and two misdemeanor charges after allegedly leading police on a car chase with his Porsche late Tuesday afternoon. Though marijuana was found in the car, Britt has evidently escaped drug charges. Considering his track record in just two NFL seasons, Britt could be facing a 2-4 game suspension from commissioner Roger Goodell.

Source: John Glennon on Twitter

Just need to cut him. He's as stupid as he is talented.

Why aren't there more Reggie Wayne/Andre Johnson type of receivers? Ones who stay out of trouble but still dominate?

I find it ironic that you're saying to cut the guy in your Avy :p

• Upvote 2

I find it ironic that you're saying to cut the guy in your Avy :p

I do too, believe me.

The guy had the potential to be a Randy Moss-esque talent..but he ruins it all with his stupidity.

Just need to cut him. He's as stupid as he is talented.

Why aren't there more Reggie Wayne/Andre Johnson type of receivers? Ones who stay out of trouble but still dominate?

I hope your not being serious when you say that we need to cut him... Even though he is a dumbass off the field he's still a potential top tier receiver on it. Cutting him would be almost as dumb as cutting Chris Johnson.

I hope your not being serious when you say that we need to cut him... Even though he is a dumbass off the field he's still a potential top tier receiver on it. Cutting him would be almost as dumb as cutting Chris Johnson.

No. Chris Johnson is actually a resposible player off the field and is a leader on the field.

Kenny Britt is irresponsible off the field and has lost his cool a couple times on the field..not exactly leader material.

PacMan was becoming great just as VY was appearing too..but they both didn't know how to stay out of strip clubs or keep their mouths shut. Kenny has been in trouble too many times..time to make an example out of him, even if he is super talented.

PacMan was becoming great just as VY was appearing too..but they both didn't know how to stay out of strip clubs

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1

Time to make an example out of him, even if he is super talented.

But would it be worth letting go of our best receiver since Derrick Mason left just to make a point?

But would it be worth letting go of our best receiver since Derrick Mason left just to make a point?

You talk about it like he hasn't "earned"(for lack of better words) the suspension/releasing he'll receive/should receive.

There's no sense in defending this dumbass just cause he's talented. What will that talent mean when he gets suspended for a season if he gets in trouble again? Bite the bullet now, we're likely gonna take a loss sooner or later on him. Might as well get it over with quickly instead of prolonging it. Take AJ Green or Julio Jones in the draft, we'll make do.

wow.

just cant figure out these young guys in the league.

No. Chris Johnson is actually a resposible player off the field and is a leader on the field.

Kenny Britt is irresponsible off the field and has lost his cool a couple times on the field..not exactly leader material.

PacMan was becoming great just as VY was appearing too..but they both didn't know how to stay out of strip clubs or keep their mouths shut. Kenny has been in trouble too many times..time to make an example out of him, even if he is super talented.

you lost me with the Pacman comparison, I'd say the immaturity is similar to VY, though VY never got in trouble with the law, but Pacman was a special kind of stupid that you just don't see very often (and I think we can all be grateful for that)

Edited by oochymp

You talk about it like he hasn't "earned"(for lack of better words) the suspension/releasing he'll receive/should receive.

There's no sense in defending this dumbass just cause he's talented. What will that talent mean when he gets suspended for a season if he gets in trouble again? Bite the bullet now, we're likely gonna take a loss sooner or later on him. Might as well get it over with quickly instead of prolonging it. Take AJ Green or Julio Jones in the draft, we'll make do.

Kinda like Packers DE Johnny Jolly. Guy is sooooo talented. But also soooooo retarded. He needs to GTFO, and I hope that is our first roster move when the CBA gets passed. Cutting his fat ass.

Take AJ Green or Julio Jones in the draft, we'll make do.

I'd be much more up for this over taking Fairley or Gabbert.

• Upvote 1

you lost me with the Pacman comparison, I'd say the immaturity is similar to VY, though VY never got in trouble with the law, but Pacman was a special kind of stupid that you just don't see very often (and I think we can all be grateful for that)

VY had the strip club incident, and the "suicidal" incident, though I don't guess that's really trouble with the law.

Pacman couldn't stay out of trouble, neither can Kenny. Granted, PacMan's was worse, but the NFL has become FAR less lenient since PacMan's trouble. One more run in with the law will get Kenny suspended for a season. And he's already going to get a 2-4 game suspension, that is, if they can give them to players after a new deal is done.

And he's already going to get a 2-4 game suspension, that is, if they can give them to players after a new deal is done.

The NFL is not allowed to suspend or fine anyway about anything that they did during this lockout because you aren't allowed to charge someone on what they before that rule was made.

The NFL is not allowed to suspend or fine anyway about anything that they did during this lockout because you aren't allowed to charge someone on what they before that rule was made.

Really? o.O

Yeah, no retroactive punishment will be issued.