SteVo

Greatest Rock Guitarist of All Time Tourney

Whoever mentioned Robin Trower, BK was it? Props dude.

No love for BB King? Shame on all of you.

I dunno....is that choice BWare approved?

• Upvote 1

Why is it every time someone mentions a band or artist you don't like, you fucking roll out this absolute bullshit about how vast YOUR musical knowledge is, as if anybody other than you gives a fuck. It hasn't got shit to do with knowledge. Music TASTE....key word there buddy....TASTE...is the most subjective thing in the world. Liking a band or style of music hasn't got jack fuck to do with "knowledge" of any kind whatsoever. If someone doesn't like a movie you like, do they lack your vast intellect of the theater? Are you some kind of art savant if you think an artist someone else likes is bad? I like the color blue. Do you? Or do I simply not understand the color prism like you do because you're a big "green" fan.

And again...love how you punctuate YOUR OPINION (another key phrase at work here, kiddo) by throwing in over the top phrases like "incredibly & undeniable." Really? I knew...I absolutely KNEW...the second I clicked reply, where this thread would go because you do it all the fucking time whenever there's a music topic and certainly when somebody doesn't agree with your tastes. Errr...ahmmm...excuse me....you're "music knowledge."

Yeah, shithead. We all remember how you raped the thread about The Rev dying by pissing all over it, dragging Jason Bonham and Led Zeppelin into it when nobody was even within a thousand miles of either subject in the thread. So, just curious....when Brian Haner's peers and contemporaries in the music business and in other bands, many of whom you list as great guitarists themselves, praise him and say how good he is....I guess those guys who's boots you lick, they also lack your "music knowledge" correct?

You're avoiding the point of my argument by personally attacking me. I said Haner doesn't belong in this discussion, and he simply doesn't. Name his "peers" who have praised him. Do it. If you say James Hetfield or Kirk Hammett, I'm going to laugh.

So, before you dive off into another irrelevant rant about my "music tastes," be sure to find some way to actually reply to the content of my posts.

• Downvote 3

B.B. King! I knew there was a big name I was forgetting.

You're avoiding the point of my argument by personally attacking me. I said Haner doesn't belong in this discussion, and he simply doesn't. Name his "peers" who have praised him. Do it. If you say James Hetfield or Kirk Hammett, I'm going to laugh.

So, before you dive off into another irrelevant rant about my "music tastes," be sure to find some way to actually reply to the content of my posts.

Says who? YOU? I wasn't aware that Zeus reached down from the heavens and anointed you the fucking Music Czar. How is what I said "irrelevant" when this thread is about personal tastes and YOU deciding what personal tastes are accepted or not. That's about a fucking relevant as it gets. You've made no argument and you have no god damn point other to tell people their tastes and opinions suck because you simply say they do.

Synyster Gates won the Dimebag Darrell "young shredder award" in 2006 "Golden God Awards" run by "Metal Hammer".

In 2006, Synyster Gates was named guitarist of the year by "Total Guitar Magazine".

In 2010, Guitar World Listed Synyster Gates as one of the 30 greatest shredders of all time. They described him as being able to perform finger-twisting licks, acrobatic sweeps, devilish chromatics and towering dual-harmonies.

On the Guitar Worlds 2010 Readers Poll, Synyster Gates was chosen Best Metal Guitarist.

Rock one Magazine's 2010 Readers Poll voted Synyster Gates the #3 best musician in the industry.

Go ahead, bitch. Laugh. Because nobody knows more or better than you. You speak and therefore, it is.

• Upvote 2

I like the color blue. Do you? Or do I simply not understand the color prism like you do because you're a big "green" fan.

I wasn't aware that Zeus reached down from the heavens and anointed you the fucking Music Czar.

No offense to anyone intended, but Man I'm LoLing for real :rofl:

Synyster Gates won the Dimebag Darrell "young shredder award" in 2006 "Golden God Awards" run by "Metal Hammer".

In 2006, Synyster Gates was named guitarist of the year by "Total Guitar Magazine".

In 2010, Guitar World Listed Synyster Gates as one of the 30 greatest shredders of all time. They described him as being able to perform finger-twisting licks, acrobatic sweeps, devilish chromatics and towering dual-harmonies.

On the Guitar Worlds 2010 Readers Poll, Synyster Gates was chosen Best Metal Guitarist.

Rock one Magazine's 2010 Readers Poll voted Synyster Gates the #3 best musician in the industry.

Go ahead, bitch. Laugh. Because nobody knows more or better than you. You speak and therefore, it is.

LOL :rofl:

Mainstream media outlets? Not to mention two of them being readers polls! My God, you really are dense. Readers polls? Are you serious? Most people who are subscribed to guitar magazines are 13-16 year old kids who aren't aware the that the likes of John Petrucci exist. They just look through the names and see "ZOMG IT'S SYNESTER GATES!" and vote him #1 because he's the only name they recognize. These things don't mean anything, you fucking clown. I'm talking about technical ability, and he doesn't even make it into the top 50-100. Or even close.

I guarantee you I could name at least 50 guitarists who are undeniably more talented than Synester Gates. Just say it. I'll fucking do it. You're a moron. You just can't accept the fact that your favorite band's guitarist isn't one of the best in the world.

• Downvote 1

PlAdz.gif

I'm about to this to the topic.

Why is it every time someone mentions a band or artist you don't like, you fucking roll out this absolute bullshit about how vast YOUR musical knowledge is, as if anybody other than you gives a fuck. It hasn't got shit to do with knowledge. Music TASTE....key word there buddy....TASTE...is the most subjective thing in the world. Liking a band or style of music hasn't got jack fuck to do with "knowledge" of any kind whatsoever. If someone doesn't like a movie you like, do they lack your vast intellect of the theater? Are you some kind of art savant if you think an artist someone else likes is bad? I like the color blue. Do you? Or do I simply not understand the color prism like you do because you're a big "green" fan.

And again...love how you punctuate YOUR OPINION (another key phrase at work here, kiddo) by throwing in over the top phrases like "incredibly & undeniable." Really? I knew...I absolutely KNEW...the second I clicked reply, where this thread would go because you do it all the fucking time whenever there's a music topic and certainly when somebody doesn't agree with your tastes. Errr...ahmmm...excuse me....you're "music knowledge."

Yeah, shithead. We all remember how you raped the thread about The Rev dying by pissing all over it, dragging Jason Bonham and Led Zeppelin into it when nobody was even within a thousand miles of either subject in the thread. So, just curious....when Brian Haner's peers and contemporaries in the music business and in other bands, many of whom you list as great guitarists themselves, praise him and say how good he is....I guess those guys who's boots you lick, they also lack your "music knowledge" correct?

Says who? YOU? I wasn't aware that Zeus reached down from the heavens and anointed you the fucking Music Czar. How is what I said "irrelevant" when this thread is about personal tastes and YOU deciding what personal tastes are accepted or not. That's about a fucking relevant as it gets. You've made no argument and you have no god damn point other to tell people their tastes and opinions suck because you simply say they do.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:beerchug2:

Guess I'll add my list

Eddie Van Halen

Eric Clapton

Jimmy Page

Jimmy Hendrix

Kirk Hammett

------------------------------------------

Tom Morello

Slash

Ritchie Blackmore

Jerry Cantrell

Mick Mars

Zakk Wylde

Randy Rhodes

Steve Vai

Angus Young

Tony Iommi

Synyster Gates

Kerry King

Dimebag Darrell

Ace Frehley

CeCe DeVille

John Sykes

Mainstream media outlets? Not to mention two of them being readers polls! My God, you really are dense. Readers polls? Are you serious? Most people who are subscribed to guitar magazines are 13-16 year old kids who aren't aware the that the likes of John Petrucci exist. They just look through the names and see "ZOMG IT'S SYNESTER GATES!" and vote him #1 because he's the only name they recognize. These things don't mean anything, you fucking clown. I'm talking about technical ability, and he doesn't even make it into the top 50-100. Or even close.

I guarantee you I could name at least 50 guitarists who are undeniably more talented than Synester Gates. Just say it. I'll fucking do it. You're a moron. You just can't accept the fact that your favorite band's guitarist isn't one of the best in the world.

:rofl:

YAWN.

Do you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and just tell yourself "God damn, I am the fucking cat's meow. I'll go and tell people what the fuck it what and they'll have to deal with it because I say so." Then, you pop your collar, grab your fucia Members Only jacket and run to your computer.

I'm gonna go listen to the new Foo Fighters album. Wait.....i mean....if that's OK with you. Is it, my musical Yoda? I mean you sit there on your dildo covered throne of shit and tell people to present you with "facts" and then you counter that by passing off your opinion as fact.

Most people who are subscribed to guitar magazines are 13-16 year old kids who aren't aware the that the likes of John Petrucci exist.

Prove it.

I'm talking about technical ability, and he doesn't even make it into the top 50-100. Or even close.

Prove it. Show me an OFFICIAL LIST, and not your faggot opinion on the matter.

I guarantee you I could name at least 50 guitarists who are undeniably more talented than Synester Gates.

And I would give a shit about your list, because.......?? Oh.....that's right. because it's YOUR list and it's been established YOUR list is the fucking end of it all.

Just say it. I'll fucking do it.

Do it. I'll fucking not give a shit and neither will anybody else.

You just can't accept the fact that your favorite band's guitarist isn't one of the best in the world.

You just can't accept the fact that not everybody agrees with what you say. Or that people have different likes and tastes than you. Or that blue is every bit as cool as green is.

I said Haner doesn't belong in this discussion, and he simply doesn't.

Says........?? Oh. You. OK. My bad, sir.

There are millions of better guitarists out there

I kinda doubt that. But I accept your challenge. Name 'em. All million of them. Now. Go.

This is not even debatable.

No, faggot. The sun rising in the East is not even debatable. Gravity....is not debatable. Death & taxes are not debatable. MUSIC, my arrogant little taint waxer, is the single most debatable subject on earth.

Edited by FSUViking
  • Upvote 1

Eric Clapton

Eddie Van Halen

Jimmy Hendrix

Jimmy Page

BB King

Angus Young

Tom Morello

Slash

Dimebag

Kirk Hammett

Keith Richards

Carlos Santana

Jeff Beck

JJ Cale

^No particular order

Loving the debate so far. When I get bored later tonight I'll tally the nomination results to this point.

and if we're factoring blues-rock into this, we need to mention John Mayer. I know that's a swear word for many people, but he's one of, if not the, best guitarists of his generation.

...Most people who are subscribed to guitar magazines are 13-16 year old kids who aren't aware the that the likes of John Petrucci exist. They just look through the names and see "ZOMG IT'S [JOHN MAYER]!" and vote him #1 because he's the only name they recognize. These things don't mean anything, you fucking clown. I'm talking about technical ability, and he doesn't even make it into the top 50-100. Or even close.

...You're a moron. You just can't accept the fact that your favorite band's guitarist isn't one of the best in the world.

YAWN.

Do you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and just tell yourself "God damn, I am the fucking cat's meow. I'll go and tell people what the fuck it what and they'll have to deal with it because I say so." Then, you pop your collar, grab your fucia Members Only jacket and run to your computer.

I'm gonna go listen to the new Foo Fighters album. Wait.....i mean....if that's OK with you. Is it, my musical Yoda? I mean you sit there on your dildo covered throne of shit and tell people to present you with "facts" and then you counter that by passing off your opinion as fact.

Prove it.

Prove it. Show me an OFFICIAL LIST, and not your faggot opinion on the matter.

And I would give a shit about your list, because.......?? Oh.....that's right. because it's YOUR list and it's been established YOUR list is the fucking end of it all.

Do it. I'll fucking not give a shit and neither will anybody else.

You just can't accept the fact that not everybody agrees with what you say. Or that people have different likes and tastes than you. Or that blue is every bit as cool as green is.

Says........?? Oh. You. OK. My bad, sir.

I kinda doubt that. But I accept your challenge. Name 'em. All million of them. Now. Go.

No, faggot. The sun rising in the East is not even debatable. Gravity....is not debatable. Death & taxes are not debatable. MUSIC, my arrogant little taint waxer, is the single most debatable subject on earth.

Argument of the year:

That's like, just your opinion, man.

Music is debatable...from a talent perspective? Really? I mean...it's not like talent equates to overall technical skill and creative ability, right? Not a chance. Not a chance. No...it's all about who's on the radio and who the kids in black like! That guy from Avenged is writing sloppy solos and ripping Metallica riffs? ZOMG he must be the best ever!

Expand your musical horizons. Then we'll talk.

Suggested Bands:

Dream Theater

Dark Tranquillity

Pagan's Mind

Symphony X

Darkest Hour

Here's a small list of 5, all with better, more creative guitarists than Brian Haner

Argument of the year:

That's like, just your opinion, man.

Music is debatable...from a talent perspective? Really? I mean...it's not like talent equates to overall technical skill and creative ability, right? Not a chance. Not a chance. No...it's all about who's on the radio and who the kids in black like! That guy from Avenged is writing sloppy solos and ripping Metallica riffs? ZOMG he must be the best ever!

Expand your musical horizons. Then we'll talk.

Suggested Bands:

Dream Theater

Dark Tranquillity

Pagan's Mind

Symphony X

Darkest Hour

Here's a small list of 5, all with better, more creative guitarists than Brian Haner

It must make you wake up in a cold sweat at night knowing that Gates has 4 votes so far in this 100% opinion driven, arbitrary thread. And that makes me LMAO.

You're so fucking mad, it's hilarious. I bet you wish you lived in the 1940's and Hitler would have appointed you Muzak Kommandant. How many more people would have been sent to Auschwitz by listening to music on the non-approved SS-Bware list.

• Upvote 1

It must make you wake up in a cold sweat at night knowing that Gates has 4 votes so far in this 100% opinion driven, arbitrary thread. And that makes me LMAO.

You're so fucking mad, it's hilarious. I bet you wish you lived in the 1940's and Hitler would have appointed you Muzak Kommandant. How many more people would have been sent to Auschwitz by listening to music on the non-approved SS-Bware list.

Bother me? Not so much. All I did, initially, was tell folks that he doesn't belong with the other names mentioned, and he doesn't. That's fact. Then you come in and throw blatant and unnecessary personal attacks my way while the only argument you can come up with is "Thats like, your opinion, man." I defended myself and my posts.

Hitler? Muzak Kommandant? Yeah...that makes sense. :sarcasm: Are you a Republican? Because that was so fucking ridiculous it sounded like something you'd find in a right wing smear campaign, which is the only kind they run.

Give my points a chance, and listen to those bands I mentioned. You'll see what I mean. You'll understand.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Some damm good bands that Bware mentioned. Also if any guitarist from A7X is going to be on there it should be zacky vengeance.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

You girls need to shut the hell up.

Everybody else, I'd like to get moar votes. You have until the end of the weekend before the official tournament begins. The same goes for anyone who has already posted one to edit/tweak theirs.

• Upvote 2

Jeff Beck

Eric Clapton

Jimi Hendrix

Robin Trower

Frank Zappa

-------------------

Duane Allman

Ritchie Blackmore

Marty Friedman

Billy Gibbons

Son House

Tony Iommi

Robert Johnson

B.B. King

Andy LaRocque

John McLaughlin

Al Di Meola

Gary Moore

Dave Murray

Joe Pass

Django Reinhardt

Randy Rhoads

Mick Ronson

Michael Schenker

Chuck Schuldiner

Stevie Ray Vaughan

This is my last post on the subject.

Jimi Hendrix 19

Eric Clapton 17

Jimmy Page 16

Eddie Van Halen 14

Kirk Hammett 9

Steve Vai 9

Buckethead 8

Frank Zappa 8

Jeff Beck 8

Tony Iommi 8

David Gilmour 7

Slash 7

Tom Morello 7

Alex Lifeson 6

Angus Young 6

Duane Allman 6

Keith Richards 6

Carlos Santana 5

Randy Rhodes 5

Billy Gibbons 4

Chuck Berry 4

Dimebag Darrell 4

Ritchie Blackmore 4

Stevie Ray Vaughan 4

Synyster Gates 4

B.B. King 3

Brian May 3

James Hetfield 3

Jeff Loomis 3

Joe Satriani 3

John Frusciante 3

John Petrucci 3

John Sykes 3

Mark Knopfler 3

Marty Friedman 3

Ted Nugent 3

Zack Wylde 3

Adrian Belew 2

Alex Laiho 2

CeCe DeVille 2

Dave Murray 2

Gary Rossington 2

Glenn Tipton 2

Jerry Garcia 2

John 5 2

Kerry King 2

Michael Angelo Batio 2

Michael Schenker 2

Mick Mars 2

Mick Ronson 2

Nuno Bettancourt 2

Robert Fripp 2

Robin Trower 2

Walter Becker 2

Yngwie Malmsteen 2

Ace Frehley 1

Adam Jones 1

Adrian Vandenberg 1

Alex Skolnick 1

Dave Mustaine 1

Frank Marino 1

Gary Moore 1

J.J. Cale 1

Jerry Cantrell 1

Joe Perry 1

Johnny Greenwood 1

Johnny Winter 1

Kim Thayil 1

Leslie West 1

Mark Tremonti 1

Matt Bellamy 1

Michael Bloomfield 1

Neil Young 1

Pat Travers 1

Pete Townshed 1

Peter Green 1

Ravi Shankar 1

Robbie Robertson 1

Steve Hackett 1

Steve Howe 1

The Edge 1

Tommy Bolin 1

Uli Roth 1

Warren Haynes 1

Wolfgang Zenk 1

See, this is my problem with this tournament. I put slashes through inferior guitarists with more votes. Everybody bolded who's under the top 25 mark is more technically skilled and more creative than the slashed names. I bolded names that most folks would know, so they could look at it and realize, "Oh, shit. I can't believe I put 'Gates/Hammett' above 'Petrucci/Knopfler."

Catch my drift?

• Downvote 3

Holy shit I forgot Mark Knopfler!

Include that in my nominations list, Stevo. Tis a name I shant forget too often.

Why don't we just all randomly get assigned a guitarist and let Bware cut down the tourny with his musical intelligence. Winner is whoever's guitarist is eliminated last. Makes more sense to me since we're all inferior to what goes into his ears.

• Upvote 2