4. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

5. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

6. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers

7t. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles

7t. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

9. Eli Manning, New York Giants

10t. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens

10t. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4679429/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-quarterbacks

:thththblowup: :awe: :bricks: :corn:

I think 1-6 is exactly how I listed it in the TGP thread. The rest; very questionable.

Guest Durant4MVP

Oh dear god you can't be serious

...Where the fuck is Matt Schaub?

Schaub could easily be inserted over Vick...who really doesn't belong on this list to begin with. Schaub is consistently productive, and every team he played against this year had trouble stopping him. Michael fucking Vick was derailed by the end of the season as teams figured out his weaknesses and drilled them like Deacon Jones on a Quarterback. Fucking poor list, top to bottom.

ESPN just caters to the masses that don't know crap about football. If your name is popular for one season, your on a top-10 list. It's really hard for me to take this garbage seriously.

1. Brady

2. Rodgers

3. Manning

4. Brees

5. Rivers

6. Roethlisberger

7. Ryan

8. Schaub

9. Flacco

10. Freeman - Might be a fluke last year but I see him turning into a solid qb.

That's how my list goes.

1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

2. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts

3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

4. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

5. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

6. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers

7t. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles

7t. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

9. Eli Manning, New York Giants

10t. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens

10t. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4679429/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-quarterbacks

:thththblowup: :awe: :bricks: :corn:

I really hate it how these ranking peoples always put ties in there shit...NO TWO HUMAN BEINGS HAVE THE SAME SKILL

#1-6 is fine, but the rest of it is a mess. Vick at #7? Really? He shouldn't even be on the list. Romo is way too low. How could you say him and Joe Flacco are even?

Wut.

I'm talking about how they always put two players as tied in the rankings...It just doesn't make sense to me...

I'm talking about how they always put two players as tied in the rankings...It just doesn't make sense to me...

you realize these are composite rankings, right? Eight bloggers submit a ranking and they essentially average them, that's how you get ties

• Upvote 1

1. Brady

2. Rodgers

3. P.Manning

4. Brees

5. Roethlisburger

6. Rivers

7. Schaub

8. Romo

9. Ryan

10. Freeman

...with Flacco as an honorable mention....

Guest Durant4MVP

I don't understand how anyone ranks Schaub over Romo, much less leave him off their top 10 entirely (I'm looking at you gobadgers77).

1. Brady

2. Rodgers

3. Manning

4. Brees

5. Rivers

6. Roethlisberger

7. Ryan

8. Schaub

9. Flacco

10. Freeman - Might be a fluke last year but I see him turning into a solid qb.

That's how my list goes.

You have Ryan, Freeman, and Flacco above Romo. Get the fuck out.

There's a good argument for both Ryan and Freeman being better than Romo, though I agree with you about Flacco. Overall, though, you and every other Cowboys fan on this site needs to man the fuck up and stop crying about Romo not being ranked high enough in all these lists. If he's worth the ranking, then he'll prove it this year.

Break out the argument.

Break out the argument.

I'm too drunk. Figure it out yourself. :p

Guest Durant4MVP

There's a good argument for both Ryan and Freeman being better than Romo, though I agree with you about Flacco.

How? Freeman has had ONE "okay" season. 3451 yards in 16 games with a 7.3 YPA. Romo played 13 games in 2008, had 3448 yards and a 7.7 YPA. In his worst season a starter, Romo played about equal as Freeman in his best so far (don't take this as a slight against Freeman, it's not). There's absolutely no case to be made that he's a better QB than Romo.

As for Ryan...what has he done better than Romo? Season high passing yards? Romo wins by almost 1000. Season high YPA? Romo wins. Career YPA? Romo wins. TD:INT ratio? Romo wins. W:L? Romo wins. QB rating? Romo wins. Completion percentage? Romo wins. I'm not even sure the Ryan-Romo comparison is fair. Romo is expected to do a lot more with the offense than Ryan who has an excellent run game to play behind.

So yeah, I'd like to hear the "good argument" as to how Ryan or Freeman either one are better than Romo.

Edited by Durant4MVP
  • Upvote 1

I have Romo ahead of Freeman, so I'm not going to say Freeman is a better QB, but if someone was going to make an argument they would probably bring up these points about Freeman:

1. He's a superior athlete. He can break tackles very well, and he can run the ball anywhere from 10-30+ yards when he needs to. He has a great arm, and he was exceptionally accurate for a 2nd year player that threw the ball to a bunch of rookies. There were a lot of dropped balls throughout the season so his lolstats won't reflect that at 61.4%.

2. He's a good decision maker. Seriously, the guy only threw 6 INT in his 2nd season. Not only that but he never over-fixated on one receiver like a lot of QB's with a top-notch guy does. He spread the ball around when he needed too. Williams obviously got it more because he was better at getting open, but Free had no issue going somewhere else with the ball. He's also already has a pretty high football IQ. He changed a lot of players at the line of scrimmage, pointed out coverage, and told his rookie RB where he needed to block on many plays. Basically, he did things you'd expect from a 5-year veteran.

3. He's calm under pressure. We hear about Joe Cool and Matty Ice all the time, but I've seen both of them lose their cool before. Even in his atrocious rookie season Freeman never lost his. The guy had a crazy amount of come-back wins last year, and if it wasn't for a number of rookie mistakes by certain players around him he would have won even more. But he's a very vocal leader on and off the field and took a lot of the blame for the other players. He's certainly not a choker in the regular season under any circumstance. I honestly can't wait to see him in a playoff game to see how he handles it.

When looking at his stats, keep in mind it was his 2nd season, 1st season under a system that was put in place in the off-season, and with the exception of Winslow, all his receivers were rookies, the RB behind him was a rookie (caddy came in here and there), and half his O-line were backups/rookies. They did some things last year that is unprecedented and it was in large part due to Josh Freeman.

As I said before, I wouldn't put Freeman above Romo right now but if Freeman continues his progression, which with his work ethic I have no doubt he will, he'll easily surpass Romo and many other QB's that are seen as currently better than him.

I also got to say, I don't quite get why Durant and Bware keeps bitching about people not having Romo above certain players, or on their list entirely when you're clearly being overly-biased. Romo isn't as good as you seem to think. There's plenty of people out there that would argue you're both idiots for putting Romo over Big Ben and Brees, two easily superior top-5 QB's, that unlike Romo has proven they are winners.

EDIT: I was looking at vids and found this funny ass video of Romo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzg0GewAA7w

Edited by Shotgun

Guest Durant4MVP

Your argument is about the potential of Freeman, which I won't disagree with. He has the work ethic and intangibles to be a top 5 QB in the league in the near future. But as of right now, he isn't and that's what this thread and these rankings are about.

I also got to say, I don't quite get why Durant and Bware keeps bitching about people not having Romo above certain players, or on their list entirely when you're clearly being overly-biased. Romo isn't as good as you seem to think. There's plenty of people out there that would argue you're both idiots for putting Romo over Big Ben and Brees, two easily superior top-5 QB's, that unlike Romo has proven they are winners.

Please find the spot where I put Romo ahead of either Brees or Big Ben? If I did, it was well over a year ago. In this thread, I repeatedly have Romo behind those two. Freeman has a lot of potential, and I expect him to surpass Brees as the best QB in that division as Brees ages. However, Freeman still has some major accuracy issues. You claim he had a lot of drops, which I'm sure he did. Every QB does. However, in each game I watched Freeman play last year, he had several passes that looked like McNabbulous ducks. Once he fixes that problem, he'll be nearly unstoppable.

Hence why I said "I have Romo ahead of Freeman, so I'm not going to say Freeman is a better QB, but if someone was going to make an argument they would probably bring up these points about Freeman:"

I'm not making an argument that Freeman is better than Romo right now.

21 April 2011, Topic: TGP's Top 10 NFL Quarterbacks. Your list

And Durant's list:

You both bitched about people having Romo so low on their lists in that thread also.

Nice work. I thought I'd done that a year or so ago.

However, I do think there is a Romo versus Brees argument. Not with Ben, though.

Nice work. I thought I'd done that a year or so ago.

However, I do think there is a Romo versus Brees argument. Not with Ben, though.

Maybe if you go solely by his last season and put a lot of emphasis on his 22 INT. He's had superior stats, game play, and leadership every year since 2004 and I doubt he'll be stopping for a few more years. To suggest he may not be a top-5 QB or that there's an argument Romo is better is rather laughable.