Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Henne to stay as starter?

It looks Chad Henne will remain the Miami Dolphins starting quarterback by default.

The Dolphins currently have no alternative to Henne as a starter after not drafting a quarterback.

According to the Miami Herald, Henne remains the likely starter.

Per the report, Donovan McNabb and Kevin Kolb are unlikely options for the Dolphins.

So, Henne is expected to hold onto his job.

He'll need to improve signficantly, though, to become the Dolphins' long-term option under center

Source: Yahoo

And another 3rd place finish coming for the 'Phins IMO.

Considering they've got the Jets and Pats to deal with, I'd say 3rd place is in their future even if Henne has a good year, which I actually think he will. :eek:

Considering they've got the Jets and Pats to deal with, I'd say 3rd place is in their future even if Henne has a good year, which I actually think he will. :eek:

Just interested, what makes you think he will have a good year? All signs point to no, and it looks like their running game will get worse which can't possibly help Henne out.

Chad Henne is awful. The Dolphins D is good enough to make noise but this dude stinks something fierce.

Yea, Henne was awful last year and lost them multiple games. I am pretty surprised to hear this. They need to find a new QB cause Chad Henne won't cut it.

Good to hear. Another year of me gloating as the Fins fail.

I could see him getting a little better since it'll be his 3rd year, but I don'tsee him as a long term answer.

Chad Henne was a low tier starter by my grades last year, as a second year player, that's usually the norm. I doubt he ever fills the franchise QB role, but he should be at least decent this year. I don't see him actively losing the Phins games. Plus, they added Pouncey and Daniel Thomas, their run game should only improve.

Chad Henne was a low tier starter by my grades last year, as a second year player, that's usually the norm. I doubt he ever fills the franchise QB role, but he should be at least decent this year. I don't see him actively losing the Phins games. Plus, they added Pouncey and Daniel Thomas, their run game should only improve.

There's no guarantee Brown or Williams will be back, they might both not be back. Plus still not sure how Pouncey will do in the NFL.

No need for either of them to be back, they didn't help the team in the long run. and when teams pick centers in the first round, they rarely bust. Usually they end up playing like pro bowlers (Nick Mangod being the best example)

Henne could be an effective game manager given time. But he doesn't seem like the kind of QB that can carry you to the playoffs, without a certain degree of help from his receivers and running game.

And another 3rd place finish coming for the 'Phins IMO.

Not necessarily, Ben. The Billols aren't as lol these days, and with another year for these guys to play together, it might be a fourth place finish for the Phins. Even though they aren't complete garbage, the rest of the AFC East has continued to improve around them.

I could see him getting a little better since it'll be his 3rd year, but I don'tsee him as a long term answer.

I'd agree with this for the most part, Sarge. I don't see Henne as a long term answer for the Dolphins unless their defense magically become the 2000 Ravens. I do think Henne will play better though, as long as Brandon Marshall can get away from his crazy knife-wielding chick and play like the player that he was in Denver and one of the other receivers step up into the number 2 role on a more consistent basis.

Edited by B-isforBowe

Not necessarily, Ben. The Billols aren't as lol these days, and with another year for these guys to play together, it might be a fourth place finish for the Phins. Even though they aren't complete garbage, the rest of the AFC West has continued to improve around them.

Did you mean the AFC East?

That's true. Last year the Bills were very competitive despite their 4-12 record. I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo won 6-7 games this year.

Edited by BigBen07