Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Ochocinco to try pro bull riding

DULUTH, Ga. (AP)—Chad Ochocinco now is going to try bull riding.

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver who earlier this year had a tryout with Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer, has accepted a challenge from Professional Bull Riders chief operating officer Sean Gleason to ride a bull at the LucasOil Invitational this weekend in Duluth.

Ochocinco will earn $10,000 if he rides a bull. If he can stay aboard for the required eight seconds, the PBR will give Ochocinco a new Ford F-150, as well as allow him to rename the bull.

Gleason says Ochocinco is “a gifted athlete, but bull riding is a much different sport and climbing on the back of a bull in the chutes takes a little more than Twitter confidence, let alone calling for the gate (to open).â€

Source: Yahoo.com

If he plans on playing football next season this would be a dumb move.

Lmao...I can understand trying to prove your manhood and whatnot, but this is pretty stupid. It doesn't take much to get very seriously hurt in that "sport".

I hope the bull bucks Chad off within 2 seconds, than bends over and takes a steaming dump on Ocho's face.

He might as well try bull fighting because who the fuck is going to want a washed up loudmouth distraction on their team?

I hope the bull bucks Chad off within 2 seconds, than bends over and takes a steaming dump on Ocho's face.

I'd be impressed if he makes it that long. Hell, I'll be impressed if he doesn't go flying after the first buck.

This should be hilarious to see!

Any amount says he doesn't go through with it.

NFL.com

Published: May 13, 2011 at 12:27 a.m. Updated: May 14, 2011 at 02:35 p.m

Is Chad Ochocinco rethinking plans to ride a bull?

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver, who last week accepted a challenge from Professional Bull Riding chief operating officer Sean Gleason to ride a bull at the Lucas Oil Invitational this weekend in Duluth, Ga., sure sounded like he was having second thoughts in posts to his Twitter account Friday night.

"After seeing those bulls up close, I'm (in trouble) #literally," Ochocinco tweeted, using an expletive.

Ochocinco, who earlier in the lockout had a tryout with Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer, will earn $10,000 if he rides a bull Saturday at the Gwinnett Center in suburban Atlanta. If he stays aboard for the required eight seconds, the PBR will give Ochocinco a new Ford F-150 and allow him to rename the bull.

"Ochocinco has been tweeting about riding a bull at the PBR event in Georgia for the last week," Gleason said in a release posted on Lucas Oil's website. "The Ford F-150 we're offering will be there, we hope he is too. He’s a gifted athlete, but bull riding is a much different sport, and climbing on the back of a bull in the chutes takes a little more than Twitter confidence, let alone calling for the gate.

"We admire Ochocinco’s interest in the sport. If he actually gets on and nods his head, he’ll find out that two-a-days in the summer heat are nothing compared to the eight seconds faced by PBR bull riders week in and week out."

Ochocinco seems to understand that. Now.

NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp, a seven-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle, asked Ochocinco via Twitter what was going on. His reply: "Sapp they are huge,fast,quick,powerful and agile in person,big mistake on my part."

And a few minutes later: "Words can't describe what i saw."

And, finally: "I close my eyes I'm still shaking from today's unfamiliar atmosphere of PBR. Sound of steel gates,bull,mounting,1 nod,gates open #GodBeWithMe."

Ochocinco had been confident after accepting the challenge, even tweeting that he'd name his bull after Bengals coach Marvin Lewis because "everything he says about me is #Bull(expletive) anyway."

As he conversed Friday with followers on Twitter, Ochocinco seemed to be regaining some of his swagger. Or at least making a good show of it. NFL Network studio host Rich Eisen tweeted to him: "chad, don't be a hero. No shame in saying it's not for you. Those beasts are monstrous."

"I will establish dominance," Ochocinco responded.

Source: NFL.com

Edited by BLUE

Any amount says he doesn't go through with it.

Last chance, anyone want to name a price? :D

LMFAO that shit was funny. I have to give mad props to Ocho though to go through with it. Riding a bull isn't something many people would do, especially one with a career riding on their health.

From Yahoo:

"I feel good. It was fun," the unhurt Ochocinco said after he dusted himself off. "I can cross riding a bull off my bucket list. This sport doesn't get enough credit. The guys who do this week in and week out deserve the utmost respect. They should be the highest-paid athletes in sports."

Watching the vid again, I don't think he really payed much attention to their advice, or maybe they didn't give it very well. He wasn't on the bull properly and he didn't have his arm up like he was supposed to.

Edited by Shotgun

I give him props for going through with it. Stupid as it may be for a pro football player, it takes big cohones.

Yea fair play to him for doing it an then giving respect where it is due.

Watching the vid again, I don't think he really payed much attention to their advice, or maybe they didn't give it very well. He wasn't on the bull properly and he didn't have his arm up like he was supposed to.

I just think its really freaking hard to ride a bull without a lot of training like the pros have. No technique is gonna help with that on your first try.

If riding a bull was easy, more people would be doing it. Respect for giving it a shot, when he really didn't need to.

If riding a bull was easy, more people would be doing it. Respect for giving it a shot, when he really didn't need to.

dont get me wrong i respect him for trying i just think he should have known how hard that it was to bullride before he agreed to do it.

Probably just something on his bucket list.