BLUE

Ghosts....

The town I grew up in has a little bit of haunted history. It played a small role in the Revolution and in general it's just old. I remember a couple of strange things that happened at this local restaurant where I worked called the Garden Cafe. Rumor was that it had had an underground bootlegging distillery or something that blew up and killed some folks back in the day, but I don't know. Anyway, on one occasion I was upstairs with a couple of folks cleaning off a table and we noticed the bathroom door was closed, but we didn't remember anyone going in there. So we kept cleaning and waited, then we heard the water turn on. It just stayed on and no one came out, so we're all a little creeped out. We tried to open the door after a bit and it was locked. Finally got it open after a few more minutes and there was no one in there, and the water was still running.

There was another time where one of the hostesses, a real sweet old lady, was carrying some dishes through a doorway, and apparently one of the double doors hit her as she was walking through with no one else near it. I honestly can't personally vouch for it because I didn't see it, but it shook her up pretty bad. It made her cry, anyway.

Frankly I don't know one way or another. Both of my experiences could be passed off as a fluke here and some clumsiness there by even a casual skeptic. I've heard too many accounts and seen some pretty freaky stuff in documentaries to just dismiss it all as paranoia and good acting and effects. It's entirely possible.

Nothing too crazy has happened to me personally but I do believe in ghosts. I've had the whole "sleep paralysis" thing a couple times. One of the times though not only could I not move or speak (and had the feeling that something was watching over me) but I also heard a noise in my head (kind of like an evil squealing I can't really explain it) and it just got louder and louder until it went away and once it went away I was able to move again.

I've also thought I've heard my grandma calling my name a couple times over the past year (she died in July) but I just attribute that to my imagination.

I think our mind plays tricks on us a lot, but I also think there are things that happen that can't be explained... ghosts would be included.

I have never personally seen one so I'd like to say I don't believe in ghosts but at the same time I believe in God, so isn't that contradictory?

I'll say I believe in spirits.

I have never personally seen one so I'd like to say I don't believe in ghosts but at the same time I believe in God, so isn't that contradictory?

lol. I said the same thing, for the same reason. :p

Not really. I've met plenty of people who believe in God who find the idea of ghosts incompatible with their beliefs. A belief in the supernatural and religion do not have to go hand in hand.

Not really. I've met plenty of people who believe in God who find the idea of ghosts incompatible with their beliefs. A belief in the supernatural and religion do not have to go hand in hand.

1. God doesn't necessarily mean religion.

2. God is supernatural so I do believe they go hand in hand.

I've never experienced one personally but I believe that they exist.

A friend that I made in high school had told me about the ghosts in her house that would knock the towels out of their cabinets and that you could physically see them if the light hit just right. She told me that the times she stayed home when she was sick was entertaining because she could see all the stuff they would do when they were gone during the day. The one freaky story she told me was when she was practicing her flute music one night and felt a sting on her neck. When her sister came in her room later on to talk to her, she told her she had a handprint on her neck so it was like one of the ghosts had hit her. She said they were friendly though so idk for sure.

1. God doesn't necessarily mean religion.

2. God is supernatural so I do believe they go hand in hand.

I'm curious as to what you mean on the first quote. In relation to what you said before, God is everything to do with religion, unless I misinterpret what you were saying.If you say you believe in God, I assume you have a religion. And as for #2, are you referring to ghosts or spirits? There are several sects which don't believe in a limbo in which ghosts, apparitions, energy orbs, etc. can reside. Although they do believe in demons, evil spirits, angels, and whatnot. Kind of confuses me to be honest.

There's a road on the edge of my town called River Road. It's kind of in the more unincorperated area. Appearantly there used to be an orphange on the road. There is still remains of pool from the orphanage and the gate is still up. The story goes that one night the orphans were murdered and their heads were spiked on the gate.

That's basically the terror story of my town. No one knows if it's true, but people always talk about going back there at night. I don't know anyone who's done it, though.

There's a YT video that can explain it better and the guy actually goes to the orphanage. I'll post it layer. On my iPod now.

My dad admitted to me recently that after I used the Ouija board in his house, he started experiencing some weird shit and said the house was "different" for about 6 months.

He said the first thing he experienced was a loud knocking on the wall above his head when he was asleep at night. That wall was a shared wall with my old room, but I had moved out and he knew he was home alone. He went to check to see if I was fucking with him, but he was alone (it's a small house with only the front door which is next to his bedroom door, nobody could've come or gone). He said he went back to bed and dismissed it as his imagination, but then it happened again. Apparently it kept happening periodically and it freaked him out enough that he slept in his living room with the lights on a few times, lmao (he's a huge dude that's never afraid of anything/anyone and loves horror films and things). He said one time he finally got fed up enough that he went into my room, turned on the light, and screamed, "GET THE FUCK OUT, LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE" and it stopped.

He also said that during these months shit in his house kept getting moved around and he thought he was going crazy. He has two remotes for stereo/TV as well as a couple PS3 controllers. He always puts them in the same spot on his coffee table, but for a while he could never find them when he went to look and he'd find them on the kitchen table, on the counter in his kitchen, in the bathroom, et cetera. He figured he was just getting baked and leaving them places somehow, until one time he ended up finding them stacked neatly on top of the back of his stove.

He's not religious, but he was wary of the Ouija board thing and he never told me for years because he wanted me to stop fucking with it. Now I want to try to see a ghost again.

This stuff interests me. Thanks for sharing.

Some kids crashed into this giant rock outside my house. My dad and his cousins used a recording thing and they got something that said "Dead" plain as day on recording :shifty:

Since this thread started my parents have actually become "paranormal investigators". They regularly go to sites that claim to be haunted and try evoking the spirits, talking to them, etc. Some of them definitely are occupied. They have a lot of the actual equipment some of the groups use on the TV show. My mom actually has on tape a really low frequency voice answering her questions and calling out her name multiple times. It was creepy.

My mom has even helped cross people over. Spirits or what not that are stuck here and need help...

Never messed around with an oijua board. While this topic interests me, it also frightens me. Demons and shit :nope:

I know Iowa was boring, but goddamn.

My dad admitted to me recently that after I used the Ouija board in his house, he started experiencing some weird shit and said the house was "different" for about 6 months.

He said the first thing he experienced was a loud knocking on the wall above his head when he was asleep at night. That wall was a shared wall with my old room, but I had moved out and he knew he was home alone. He went to check to see if I was fucking with him, but he was alone (it's a small house with only the front door which is next to his bedroom door, nobody could've come or gone). He said he went back to bed and dismissed it as his imagination, but then it happened again. Apparently it kept happening periodically and it freaked him out enough that he slept in his living room with the lights on a few times, lmao (he's a huge dude that's never afraid of anything/anyone and loves horror films and things). He said one time he finally got fed up enough that he went into my room, turned on the light, and screamed, "GET THE FUCK OUT, LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE" and it stopped.

He also said that during these months shit in his house kept getting moved around and he thought he was going crazy. He has two remotes for stereo/TV as well as a couple PS3 controllers. He always puts them in the same spot on his coffee table, but for a while he could never find them when he went to look and he'd find them on the kitchen table, on the counter in his kitchen, in the bathroom, et cetera. He figured he was just getting baked and leaving them places somehow, until one time he ended up finding them stacked neatly on top of the back of his stove.

He's not religious, but he was wary of the Ouija board thing and he never told me for years because he wanted me to stop fucking with it. Now I want to try to see a ghost again.

Supposedly only demons can move objects around. I know my sister has lost her phone before, only to yell at the girl Jessica (said this was her name on the Ouija board) to give it back and it appeared on the couch :shifty:

I don't believe that is true.

The psychics / mediums I talk to speak very very cautiously about Ouija boards and their potential to cause harm. They told me that using them is a huge risk because they attract and bring forth evil spirits. You aren't getting any Casper the Friendly Ghost out of Ouija boards. I was advised never to actually deal with one... And stories like Zack's with his dad are very common. My parents have even had spirits follow them home from trip before. Using those is the same thing as opening a door for evil spirits.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Supposedly only demons can move objects around. I know my sister has lost her phone before, only to yell at the girl Jessica (said this was her name on the Ouija board) to give it back and it appeared on the couch :shifty:

Poltergeist is a demon then?

I'm a stone-cold atheist and completely believe in paranormal things. Ghosts most completely. I have had several 'experiences', but the most chilling was the one I didn't see, and it still sticks with me today.

When I was 21 or 22-ish my cousin had been living with us for a few months cus she was in a bad car accident and in a wheel chair for a while, and it was easier for her to rehab in our home cus it was all one floor. After she had gotten a bit better, we went out to the bar for a bit and came home and decided to make something to eat. It's like 2 or 3 am and we were talking and laughing and I was banging some pots and pans around getting stuff out, and all of a sudden I hear a woman's voice say "Shhh, quiet now." really loud. Like I'm talking in-my-fucking-head loud, I dropped the pan I was holding into the sink. I turn to look at my cousin, and her eyes are like full of tears and she is visibly shaken. We both instantly knew that the other had heard it, and I immediately ran through the kitchen, through the living room, and into the hall (long ranch house) and my mom's door was closed and she was dead asleep. I'm admittedly going out on a limb, but both my grandmother and great grandmother died in that house. I may not believe in a god, but I do believe in energies and imprints, residual stuff and things like that. This was almost 10 years ago now, and it still sticks with me. I can still hear it.

Another time that really got me I had stayed out too late ATVing and my friend and I were hurrying to get home. We hit the old railroad bed (which have been turned into walking/biking trails) and took off. These are through dense woods, no civilization, and it's probably 11pm or so, pitch dark except for our own lights. Maybe 1/2 mile down the trail, my friend is in front of me and he slams his breaks on, fast enough that I plow into him. I look up wondering what the fuck, and see this white/yellow light kind of woft up from the right side of the trail, maybe 30 yards ahead of us or so, turn away from us, travel a couple feet maybe and fade away. I thought it was another quad at first when it was down off the trail, then when it came up it was way too high, and when it just vanished I pretty much shit my pants. Friend whips around and was like "you saw that right? what the hell man?!". Again, not trying to legitimize it, but these trail systems around here are called "the ghost town trail" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Town_Trail because it runs through almost a dozen ghost towns that were abandoned during the area's coal collapse. There have been hundreds of sitings along the railroad beds and towns along the trail.

One of my best friend's moms told me that her and her family had to move out of their first house because of shit getting knocked off of walls, beds shaking, and other crazy shit that I never want to experience. She was only 7 years old at the time, but to hear her talk about it with complete conviction is stirring to say the least.

Other than that my other experiences were pretty much solo, and things I can't completely be sure of myself that what happened really happened. Shadow figures, other voices, other lights. But once you experience something, your brain wants to see it again, and your eyes play tricks in the dark, so it's hard to be sure. I've been on a couple productive ghost hunting tours and have heard shit in EVPs that I just can't explain... and real-time answers on Ovilus devices that just shocked me. For every one hit, there's five misses, but still, the part of me that wants to believe fucking geeks out at it.

I also believe that I've seen/heard bigfoot, so if there's a thread for that, bump that shit :)

Edited by theMileHighGuy