BwareDWare94

How excited are you, really?

I love that football is now going to happen this year and all, but we all got bludgeoned with the lockout since the end of last season. Though we were scared we'd have no season this year, it's almost like we never actually got a break from the sport. I know we all hate the length of the off-season, but the beauty of football is that it's a 4-5 month thing, so we appreciate it more while it's going on. Throughout the winter and spring, we were exposed to all of the little prissy arguments that the players posed and every little tidbit of information being blasted on ESPN. Honestly, I feel like the flame for the game is just...faltering right now. I dunno if it's just lack of interest in anything BUT the day the preseason begins or what.

Anybody else got that feeling?

I'm glad it's back, I honestly felt like we'd lose games.

and really the amount of informarion is no different than what we get in prior years, but instead of talking about lockout things, we get all this injury information, free agent signings, general bitchfests... it's good.

and really the amount of informarion is no different than what we get in prior years, but instead of talking about lockout things, we get all this injury information, free agent signings, general bitchfests... it's good.

Yeah, this.

I'm quite fucking excited.

I love that football is now going to happen this year and all, but we all got bludgeoned with the lockout since the end of last season. Though we were scared we'd have no season this year, it's almost like we never actually got a break from the sport. I know we all hate the length of the off-season, but the beauty of football is that it's a 4-5 month thing, so we appreciate it more while it's going on. Throughout the winter and spring, we were exposed to all of the little prissy arguments that the players posed and every little tidbit of information being blasted on ESPN. Honestly, I feel like the flame for the game is just...faltering right now. I dunno if it's just lack of interest in anything BUT the day the preseason begins or what.

You do realize this is a football forum eh ? lol Im pretty fucking excited knowing that this fall starting september 11 th that we will have football.

I think it had the exact opposite effect. I think the lockout caused alot of fans to go get their minds off of it it focus on other things, but now that the deal is settled, everyone is coming back out of hibernating and dying to see who goes where. Also, the first preseason game is in TWO WEEKS. Granted I'm not excited to to watch the Seahawks struggle this year like we will if Matt leaves, but I'm absolutely pumped to watch football for entire Sundays in the fall again, kick my uncle's asses at fantasy football, and just kick back and watch everybody's season unfold.

:beerchug2:

This one time, I jerked off in an old sock, and it was so much fun. It's a lot like that sock.

• Upvote 1

Guest Durant4MVP

It's incredibly refreshing to hear terms like "free agent" and "undrafted rookies" instead of "CBA" and "Player's Union". Can't fucking wait for kickoff. I feel more excited than usual.

Pretty much this.

Man I'm stoked about free agency finally opening up...I can go to NFL.com again, and not see articles like it was just a big assed reality show...

• Upvote 1

I love that football is now going to happen this year and all, but we all got bludgeoned with the lockout since the end of last season. Though we were scared we'd have no season this year, it's almost like we never actually got a break from the sport. Blah Blah Blah

Uh, so football year round is bad? GTFO.

I am fucking stoked that football is back. With the hurried schedule, it will only get me even more excited. The Boys can start making the moves they've been hinting toward since the end of last season. It's go time. It's football time. Fuck yeah!

Pretty sure you're the only person who feels that way, being that this is a FOOTBALL site, and FOOTBALL has been locked out for how long now, lol.

Come on, man. Really?

Yeah football has been locked out but seriously, from the months of March-through July what is there exciting going on in football (other than the 3 days in April for the draft)? It's not like we missed much...in fact we didn't miss anything important that I can think of.

The lockout was negatively effective for the players, yeah, but for the fans? No not really.

I was never worried we'd miss games like all you guys. I was expecting a mid-July agreement back in March.

I'll be excited Friday. Until then, meh.

I'll be excited Friday. Until then, meh.

i second this^

I'm very happy football is back. The lockout was frustrating but in the end I'm glad it's back and it looks like we won't be losing out on any regular season games. Football is my favorite sport so I'm very happy I'll be able to enjoy it this year and hopefully watch the Packers be competitive once again.

• Upvote 1

I feel like the end of the lockout has made me more excited for football. Like the relief of the lockout being over has added to the excitement of the season.

GO :Bears:

Alright, alright.

I'm back on board. All the free-agency talk and McNabb trade have me back in gear. Ready for some football.

I think I had a slight burnout from all the lockout speculation the last few weeks. Thank God we have 10 years of uninterrupted football.

I took a moment last night before I went to sleep, after reading about all the free agency moves and discussion, to just sit back and take it all in that the NFL is back....

FOOTBALL IS FUCKING BACK! YEAAAH!!!

I understand what you're feeling. I feel like this short amount of time will ultimately make the season worse due to the increase of injuries we'll see, the short amount of time to prepare, and the fact that teams who needed free agency to fill gaps (like my Patriots needing a pass-rusher and possibly a deep threat WR) will not be able to fill them all because of the shortened time span. The layoff period is great because we get to enjoy every single signing, every single bit of information, etc. Now we're having hundreds of signings shoved down our throats in less than a week and we don't get to enjoy it all because the next minute someone else is getting signed or lost-it's all happening to quickly and it will ultimately make this season suffer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge football fan and I'm very happy a deal was done, but teams will suffer and the season will as well.

Edited by Patriots2994

I'm driving home Sept 11th, so I can witness opening game at Raymond James Stadium. Can't wait to see us avenge the bullshit loss the Lions handed us last year. Offensive Pass Interference on Kellen Winslow my ass!!! That call was almost as bad as Jerry Meals' last night!

Needless to say, I'm pretty fucking excited. If anything, the lockout made fans more starved for football. No free agency, legitimate minicamps, or significant news on anything. I can't wait for football.

I'm driving home Sept 11th, so I can witness opening game at Raymond James Stadium. Can't wait to see us avenge the bullshit loss the Lions handed us last year. Offensive Pass Interference on Kellen Winslow my ass!!! That call was almost as bad as Jerry Meals' last night!

Needless to say, I'm pretty fucking excited. If anything, the lockout made fans more starved for football. No free agency, legitimate minicamps, or significant news on anything. I can't wait for football.

That's not possible.

Anyway, preseason is only 16 days away!!!

This three-day boom for FA signings is actually more exciting than the long drawn out FA period in other years. Everything happening at once gives me a reason to stay tuned to sports news around the clock for pretty much this whole week. I can't ever remember free agency being this fun.

• Upvote 1

I understand what you're feeling. I feel like this short amount of time will ultimately make the season worse due to the increase of injuries we'll see, the short amount of time to prepare, and the fact that teams who needed free agency to fill gaps (like my Patriots needing a pass-rusher and possibly a deep threat WR) will not be able to fill them all because of the shortened time span. The layoff period is great because we get to enjoy every single signing, every single bit of information, etc. Now we're having hundreds of signings shoved down our throats in less than a week and we don't get to enjoy it all because the next minute someone else is getting signed or lost-it's all happening to quickly and it will ultimately make this season suffer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge football fan and I'm very happy a deal was done, but teams will suffer and the season will as well.

I agree with this 100%. I think the play on the field will be below average compared to other great seasons in the recent past. And TBH, once the free agency period is done, there won't be that much "important" (meaning really big and impacting news) until the kickoff of the season.

• Upvote 1

I am very excited with the upcoming NFL season. I was starting to get worried we were not gonna have a 2011 season....