Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: Panthers sign QB Derek Anderson

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Oregonian is reporting that the Panthers have signed free agent QB Derek Anderson.

If so, "Cam Newton's chances of starting just went way up," as Rotoworld's Chris Wesseling put it. Anderson has familiarity with new Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski, under whom "D.A." had his career year back in 2007. Anderson's confidence has been shot since a concussion-filled 2008 season, however, and his accuracy was never NFL-caliber. For the future of the Panthers, we don't like the signing one bit. A game-managing veteran would have been far more preferable, even if that kind of a player possesses no upside. Jul 31, 8:21 PM

Source: Aaron Fentress on Twitter

wario-troll-face.jpg

lol Panthers.

ITS NOT FUNNY :panic:

It's not funny! Derek Anderson takes this shit seriously! :troll:

• Upvote 1

Good sign. Cam Newton should learn all he can about throwing the ball from DA.

So the Bucs can kill him.

lolPanthers. DA is just another Delhomme for the Panthers.

That's incorrect, IMO. Derek Anderson has had one good season in his 7 year NFL career (the 2007 NFL season when he had 3,787 passing yards, 29 TD, and 19 INT), where Jake Delhomme has had 5 very good NFL seasons (2003-2006; 2008). As well, Jake Delhomme lead the Panthers to their only Super Bowl appearance in their franchise's history, where Derek Anderson has never lead a team (Browns or the Cardinals) to the playoffs in his entire NFL career!!! The comparison of DA and Delhomme is not a good one, IMO.

That's incorrect, IMO. Derek Anderson has had one good season in his 7 year NFL career (the 2007 NFL season when he had 3,787 passing yards, 29 TD, and 19 INT), where Jake Delhomme has had 5 very good NFL seasons (2003-2006; 2008). As well, Jake Delhomme lead the Panthers to their only Super Bowl appearance in their franchise's history, where Derek Anderson has never lead a team (Browns or the Cardinals) to the playoffs in his entire NFL career!!! The comparison of DA and Delhomme is not a good one, IMO.

Have you seen DelHomme play as of late? Now, have you seen Derek Anderson play as of late? Yup... pretty fair comparison nowadays.

How does this man continue to find work in the NFL!? I just.. don't.. get.. it..

Have you seen DelHomme play as of late? Now, have you seen Derek Anderson play as of late? Yup... pretty fair comparison nowadays.

If you read the post that I made, I was talking about the span of their careers.

Guest MikeyDay

How does this man continue to find work in the NFL!? I just.. don't.. get.. it..

NfL teams are just stupid. They too arrogant. He sucks NFL... dont u get it?.. smh

The article on NFL.com said "Anderson brought in to mentor newton" I sure as hell wouldn't want that guy mentoring my QBs

ITS NOT FUNNY :panic:

It's not funny! Derek Anderson takes this shit seriously! :troll:

Someone had to do it... :laugh:

• Upvote 1

I know he stinks, but you could do worse with a 3rd string QB.

How he ever made the probowl is beyond me .... my god.

• Upvote 1

Not that I like this at all, but the one time he did play well, he was playing under the same OC we currently have.