So who wins the South?

NFC South champs?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. NFC South champs?

• Tampa Bay
    • Atlanta
    • New Orleans
    • Carolina

Well, we were just discussing this in the shout box and with the preseason all but over, we know what every team will look like. So who takes the South, which is considered by most as one of the NFLs best divisions?

I'm saying the Saints. I like what they did to improve their d-line. They have play makers like Vilma on D. Yes, their secondary isn't great but it doesn't have to be. On offense you have one of the NFLs elite QBs coupled with a stable of good backs. So the Saints take the division this year with Tampa and Atlanta close behind.

Edited by KiLaSix9

Taking the Saints as well. As much as I love the youth and potential of the Bucs, I'm just not ready to predict them winning this very tough division yet. And I have a gut feeling that Drew Brees is going to own souls this year. Plus as KiLa said they did some very good things in free agency in getting Aubrayo Franklin and Darren Sproles. Atlanta, on the other hand, still concerns me on defense despite signing Ray Edwards.

I believe the Falcons are taking the South, for one main reason. Not Matt Ryan, Not Ray Edwards, Not Julio Jones, but another guy that's shown how much of a difference he can make when he steps on the field. Jacquizz Rodgers is small, but he's the change of pace running back Atlanta has been looking for...for YEARS. Ever since Norwood's injuries, and Snelling's slow progression, Rodgers provides agility, speed, and pass protection, and he WILL be our third down back. If you look at our team last year, our team was terrible on 3rd down. With that extra dynamic of Rodgers, Matt Ryan will be able to utilize all his targets more readily. Also, something else to note is. Last year the games we lost and won, we relied far too heavily on ball control. Too predictable with Turner and Snelling. Now that we seem to be transitioning to a pass-first offense, we will always be in games no matter what. I really believe Ray Edwards will also take double teams off abraham, and spread the gaps out more for our linebackers on blitz packages. Which in turn, creates more turnovers and relieves the action on our stop-gap secondary...

Edited by ATL4Ever
  • Upvote 1

This is kind of a tough choice. The Saints offense by all accounts should be better this year, but Julio seems so dynamic the Falcons should also be improved. I think the differences will come down to defense obviously. The Falcons will likely have a better run D but the Saints pass defense is far superior. Ultimately it's near impossible to win the division back to back in the NFC South so based on that fact along with the Falcons obviously still having secondary issues, I'll go with the Saints.

Atlanta becomes the first team to repeat as NFC South Division champions. :yep:

New Orleans because they have the most complete team IMO.

I said the Bucs, because someone was crazy enough to pick the Panthers.

I took New Orleans, but I figure it will go like this:

NO- 11-5*

ATL 11-5

TB 9-7

CAR 3-13 or 4-12

Very tough division.

Edited by BigBen07

Saints. No one wins the South back-to-back, and it's not changing this year.