AllYouNeedIsLovie

If Peyton Manning were to miss the entire season, how many games would the Colts win?

30 members have voted

1. 1. How many games would the Colts win?

• 0-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-9
    • 10-12
    • 13+

Alright, everyone is saying different time frames on how long Peyton will be out. There have been some rumors he may not play the entire season. If this were to happen, how many wins would you see the Colts getting? I am thinking around 5ish. Without Peyton, this team is a complete mess IMO. No real running game, defense is very poor outside of Freeney and Mathis.

I'd say right around 6. They still have enough talent on offense for Kerry Collins to be average. The problem is the offensive game plan revolves around Manning and his ability to audible and change things up. You slow down that tempo and it will leave them with a simplified scheme.

The defense is pretty bad too.

Kerry Collins can't read a defense half as good as Peyton Manning can.

According to Profootballtalk, Peyton Manning could undergo a third neck surgery "as soon as today."

Manning is expected to miss "significant time" recovering, though he could return to play again this season. At this point, we wouldn't expect to see him under center before Halloween. Continue to downgrade all Colts receivers.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Manning is most likely out for the season. I see the Colts in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. That offense was made for Peyton and he knows it for Collins to learn it in two weeks I doubt it. Also that D is built for playing with the lead. How many times were they in a predicament where they would have to win the game ? 3-5 wins

Guest MikeyDay

If they fucking get Luck... Lolll wow imagine that

I love seeing Manning play, but if his neck ain't right, I hope he gets that taken care of.

Based on their schedule, I say they go 4-12.

Edited by Crompdaddy

I'll stick with Vegas on this one and say 8. Collins is serviceable, he's not going to win that many games by himself but I don't see him losing any for the Colts either.

Call me a hater all you want, but I went with the 0-3 option, I think it's gonna be somewhere around 3, but more likely less than more. This is a team built around Manning more than any other team in the league is built around a single player. We're talking about a team that in terms of yardage was the #29 rushing offense, the #20 overall defense, and the #25 rushing defense as well as the #23 scoring defense. The only reason this team succeeds is that they have one of the best QBs of this era (I don't want sidetrack this discussion with a Manning/Brady debate, so I'll leave the statement that broad) and now they're going to a guy who could only complete 57.6% of his passes last year with one of the best RBs in the game to take pressure off him (again, I don't want this topic sidetracked so I'm leaving it there) To be fair, Collins will have better targets in Indy than he had last year in Tennessee, but I think that's more than offset by the dropoff in the running game and the ensuing focus of defenses on the passing game. I really don't think you can overstate how much this team counts on Manning, it's a fact the team has tried to ignore for the past few years but everyone pretty much knows that this team lives and dies by the performance of its QB to a much higher degree than any other team in the league. Just look at the number of attempts: Manning typically throws an average of 554 passes a season, a number Collins has only hit in two of his 17 seasons, and Collins career high of 565 isn't even within 100 attempts of Manning's total last year (a near NFL record 679) I know someone is going to try to make the parallel to the Patriots, another team that relies heavily on a great QB that managed a successful season in spite of an injury to Brady, but the 2008 Patriots (without Brady) had, in terms of yardage, the #7 rushing offense, the #10 overall defense, and the #15 rushing defense as well as the #8 scoring defense, I don't see the Colts making such huge strides in those areas to give their backup QB the type of support Cassel got in relief of Brady. If Manning is truly out for the season this team is beyond serious trouble.

Edited by oochymp

All those numbers make my head hurt. Cliffs notes version available?

All those numbers make my head hurt. Cliffs notes version available?

The shortest version is that Manning is infinitely better than Collins and I don't think the Colts can give Collins the support he needs to be successful which is much greater than the support Manning needs to be successful.

If Jim Caldwell was a half decent coach, the Colts could maybe go .500 with Collins. But given he's done nothing to improve the defense, hasn't given the Colts any reliable options or anything to that nature, the Colts will be nothing without Manning. Double Reggie Wayne and it's over for the colts. That simple.

• Downvote 1

0-16. The Colts suck and have no good players and peyton manning is so amazing that he makes the Colts win games and he should be the MVP because he winz the game and no one else contributes to the team...

Went with the majority. 4-6.

Lucky if they get to 4 wins

without Manning. If I were Peyton I would sit the season out. He obviously has plenty left in the tank, there is absolutely no need to risk a life threatening injury when you can fully heal then come back and go 14-2. :shrug: Without Manning for the entire season:

@ HOU - L

v. CLE - L

v. PIT - L

@ TB - L

v. KC - L

@ CIN - W

@ NO - L

@ TEN - L

v. ATL - L

v. JAC - W

v. CAR - W

@ NE - L

@ BAL - L

v. TEN - L

v. HOU - L

@ JAC - L

Not to mention Jim Lawldwell is the fucking coach. He probably has the easiest job in Football - coaching Peyton's team :facepalm:. And let's not forget how Collins bombed in his last year @ Tennessee... Most teams could have beaten the Colts if it hadn't been for Peyton's comebacks (e.g. see Houston and Baltimore). 3 wins is all they're getting from me for now. They should totally just bomb the season to pick up Andrew Luck, might as well.

According to Dr. Wellington K. Hsu, who specializes in orthopaedic and neurological surgery, there is only a five percent chance of another surgery for players who undergo a cervical fusion as Peyton Manning did Thursday.

Hsu notes that quarterbacks "fare pretty well compared to other positions because they can predetermine their movements." Hsu believes Manning could be back on the field in 12 weeks, give or take, with an aggressive rehab schedule. It's a fairly common surgery for football players, and Hsu insists it's "simply not true" that the surgery is career threatening in nature. "I think Peyton, being the stalwart that he is, playing the position that he does, has a very, very good prognosis for coming back," opined Hsu.

Source: NFL.com

I think their defense is somewhat underrated by some, and they do have some pretty good weapons with WR's/TE's/Pass blocking. Kerry is no Peyton so obviously the offense will not do as well, not to mention he hasn't had a full off-season with the team and barely had pre-season snaps. I went with 4-6 wins because of that. The overall team is good enough to win some games, but I doubt they make it above .500. The QB position is just way too important to a team, and they lack an above-average run offense to help make up for it.

Lucky if they get to 4 wins

without Manning. If I were Peyton I would sit the season out. He obviously has plenty left in the tank, there is absolutely no need to risk a life threatening injury when you can fully heal then come back and go 14-2. :shrug: Without Manning for the entire season:

@ HOU - L

v. CLE - L

v. PIT - L

@ TB - L

v. KC - L

@ CIN - W

@ NO - L

@ TEN - L

v. ATL - L

v. JAC - W

v. CAR - W

@ NE - L

@ BAL - L

v. TEN - L

v. HOU - L

@ JAC - L

Not to mention Jim Lawldwell is the fucking coach. He probably has the easiest job in Football - coaching Peyton's team :facepalm:. And let's not forget how Collins bombed in his last year @ Tennessee... Most teams could have beaten the Colts if it hadn't been for Peyton's comebacks (e.g. see Houston and Baltimore). 3 wins is all they're getting from me for now. They should totally just bomb the season to pick up Andrew Luck, might as well.

Fuck that! The Cardinals will beat the Colts if Manning doesn't play all season, or at least up to that point. :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

Fuck that! The Cardinals will beat the Colts if Manning doesn't play all season, or at least up to that point. :facepalm:

confused0013.gif the Cardinals don't play the Colts this year, so I don't think they'll be beating them, unless perhaps they meet for the Super Bowl, I suppose you can't rule anything out at this point

Guiz, P3yton M@nn1ng d03sn't d0 @nyth1ng, the C0ltz are g01ng 16-0........

Seriously, some of the posts are laughable at best.

Irishcoffee, if you seriously believe that the Cleveland fucking Browns can beat the Indianapolis Colts, without Peyton Manning, you need to get you head examined. Sure, Peyton-less, the team is going to be very, very painful to watch, however we aren't yet in the "losing to Cleveland at home" bad.

Everyone keeps pulling these numbers about how shitty our run offense is, but you failed to mention that we were 28th in attempts per game, and we still were 12th in rushing touchdowns last season.

Also, it's not like Kerry Collins is coming in, and learning a completely new playbook. He knows this stuff.

Personally, I do hope we choke and get an Andrew Luck/ Matt Barkley/ Lance Jones guy in the draft, but I can realistically see us with 7-ish wins this year.

Everyone keeps pulling these numbers about how shitty our run offense is, but you failed to mention that we were 28th in attempts per game, and we still were 12th in rushing touchdowns last season.

how about this one, #25 in yards per run, despite the fact that most defenses sell out to defend the pass, ok, so the Colts got 13 rushing tds, well, 12 of them were from inside the redzone, who's gonna get them there?

Collins isn't a bad QB. But I don't think he's able to keep the Colts going. I'd say 6 wins, 3rd in AFC South.