Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Who's gonna beat Green Bay?

I understand that it's only been a single game, but goddamn, could they have looked any better? Aaron Rodgers was dishing it to everybody. Everybody was catching the ball (only a single pass to an overrated James Jones helped that drop total, I'm sure). Jordy Nelson made a major case for the #2 role last night. What a set of receivers. This team is scary.

:Packers:

They're a team that beats themselves, if they start hot they'll do fine, but if they don't you can practically chalk up a loss.

Not much different from last year really. They were on fire in certain games, and had some let downs in others. The fact that they just won a Superbowl will make winning just about any game challenging. It's the league of any given Sunday after all. They might get beat by the Bears, Falcons.....or they might even get beat by the Broncos, Rams, or Raiders. Who really knows? :shrug:

Well... We are guaranteed to lose to the Bucs. And then we always have a couple disappointing losses to really bad teams. Speaking of which... We play Carolina next week. We are infinitely better than them, but I wouldn't be shocked if we lose.

Well... We are guaranteed to lose to the Bucs. And then we always have a couple disappointing losses to really bad teams. Speaking of which... We play Carolina next week. We are infinitely better than them, but I wouldn't be shocked if we lose.

I would be. We usually lose to the middle ranked teams, hardly ever to ones that are ranked in the bottom 5 of the league.

For example, the Dolphins and Redskins were in the middle of the pack last year when we lost to those guys.

anyways, I predict 3-4 losses for us this year. 1 will be a divisional game, probably week 17 when Detroit comes to town. They could be fighting for a playoff spot.

We'll lose to one NFC South team. We can rule out NO. That leaves ATL, TB, Carolina. Cross out the third, and TB and ATL remain. We'll lose to one of those two. San Diego is a toss up. We usually do well against that whole division but this game is in SD so that might be a loss. The other one is the Giants, another toss up.

They did look unstoppable, but so did New England last year. They had reality checks with the Browns & the Jets in the playoffs (first loss was too early on to be an actual wakeup call). The Packers could lose any game on their schedule this season. That's the best thing about the NFL-the best team in football can lose to the worst team, although it rarely happens. You never see 'Bama losing a college game to App State. Green Bay is a very solid team, but it only takes a few big injuries to start derailing a team. I think they could very well make the Super Bowl again, but the answer to the question is any team that shows up to put out their A game and has their heart in it to win it when Green Bay doesn't.

Feeling pretty good about my radio show prediction of 14-2 right about now. I think Razor got it right, though: they're a team that occasionally beats themselves, though perhaps they won't struggle with that as much this year.

Edited by SteVo

They did look unstoppable, but so did New England last year. They had reality checks with the Browns & the Jets in the playoffs (first loss was too early on to be an actual wakeup call). The Packers could lose any game on their schedule this season. That's the best thing about the NFL-the best team in football can lose to the worst team, although it rarely happens. You never see 'Bama losing a college game to App State. Green Bay is a very solid team, but it only takes a few big injuries to start derailing a team. I think they could very well make the Super Bowl again, but the answer to the question is any team that shows up to put out their A game and has their heart in it to win it when Green Bay doesn't.

Injuries didn't derail us last year on our way to a Super Bowl. lol. Honestly, injuries are the least of my concerns. We just have too much depth to suffer a serious setback if a guy or two gets hurt.

We are going to lose to a bad team or two this year. It's nearly impossible to keep the pedal to the floor for 17 weeks.. I would say 12 - 4 at this point.

lol @ loosing 2 the Bears.

I don't see what's so funny about that. Bears and Packers always play hard against each other regardless of ones record. Last season Packers scored ten points less when facing the bears than any other team.

• Upvote 1

Chicago has a good chance of beating us, but I don't think they will. Jay Cutler likes to throw timely game-losing interceptions against us. That's just his thing.

lol @ loosing 2 the Bears.

lol @ yoo

Edited by GA_Eagle
  • Upvote 1

The Bears are probably the team with the best opportunity. And no, I'm not saying that because they beat my team either. I'm saying that because they are the only team that is built to matchup with the amount of receivers that Green Bay has. I just have a feeling that Chicago ends up winning the division again. Greenbay will knock them out of the playoffs again though.

No one of course. They will be undefeated and win another SB. Saints have one of the leagues best defenses, as we know, so you can expect to see that dominance all year long on the rest of the defenses.

• Upvote 1

The Bears are probably the team with the best opportunity. And no, I'm not saying that because they beat my team either. I'm saying that because they are the only team that is built to matchup with the amount of receivers that Green Bay has. I just have a feeling that Chicago ends up winning the division again. Greenbay will knock them out of the playoffs again though.

Ya.. I have a feeling that we will have trouble within the division. Well, with the Lions and Bears anyway.

Our OLine held up OKAY against New Orleans, which doesn't give me a ton of confidence going to Detroit against their DLine. But if they can hold up, I feel like we can beat them.

Chicago is probably the toughest game on the schedule, just because of their amazing defense and natural hatred from each other thanks to the rivalry. Luckily, Cutler averages like 2 INT a game every time he plays us.

I can only see the Packers losing in the divison by the Bears and Lions once each.

As much as I hate to say it but the way that the Bears looked against the Falcons and that they pushed Green Bay very hard in all 3 games last season in my mind gives them the best chance. We have to remember that it was the Bears not that Packers that won that division and if Orton wasn't such a pussy in that championship game last year the Bears could of won that game.

The Lions line are even more beastly with Fairly and if Stafford stay's healthy he has the ability and weapons in Megatron and Best to burn the Packers defence much like Brees did in the opening game for the Saints.

• Downvote 2

I can only see the Packers losing in the divison by the Bears and Lions once each.

As much as I hate to say it but the way that the Bears looked against the Falcons and that they pushed Green Bay very hard in all 3 games last season in my mind gives them the best chance. We have to remember that it was the Bears not that Packers that won that division and if Orton wasn't such a pussy in that championship game last year the Bears could of won that game.

The Lions line are even more beastly with Fairly and if Stafford stay's healthy he has the ability and weapons in Megatron and Best to burn the Packers defence much like Brees did in the opening game for the Saints.

FAIL

No one of course. They will be undefeated and win another SB. Saints have one of the leagues best defenses, as we know, so you can expect to see that dominance all year long on the rest of the defenses.

Yea, you forgot to give props to the Packers defense too; They were in complete shut down mode. Stuffing Mark Ingram on the last play of the game to keep the Saints under 40 points and possibly sending the game into OT. I really don't see anyone beating the Pack this year.

lmaoPackershype (Not at you KiLa cause I know you're being sarcastic, but pretty much to everyone else)

I dunno... I don't really feel like we are overhyped... Not on TGP anyway. We are a good football team, but everybody in this thread is being pretty realistic.

11 - 13 wins isn't too far out there, IMO. Although, I guess that could be my homer showing. :shrug:

I agree. 11-13 wins is a good estimate.

We were playing Drew Brees. We don't play him twice a year like the Bucs or Falcons do so we don't have the advantage of knowing that offense like they do. I'm not real concerned with our defense thus far.

And we aren't overhyped? We won the Super Bowl. We just beat another Super bowl contender. And we didn't even play good defensively.

I agree. 11-13 wins is a good estimate.

We were playing Drew Brees. We don't play him twice a year like the Bucs or Falcons do so we don't have the advantage of knowing that offense like they do. I'm not real concerned with our defense thus far.

And we aren't overhyped? We won the Super Bowl. We just beat another Super bowl contender. And we didn't even play good defensively.

Ya.. I am going to hold off on the D criticism... But I fully expect to shut down the Panthers. If we don't... I will have issues.