BLUE

Who had the biggest September collapse this season????

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the biggest September collapse this season????

• Atlanta Braves
    • Boston Red Sox

I say the Red Sox, even though I hate the Braves....:yep::rock:

You????

The Sox is so much more documented. :yep:

Sox could have and should have called up Pawtucket and would be playing this weekend.

lolRedSoxfail

lmaoRedSox definitely. Everyone had them winning the AL East this year and they completely choked down the stretch. XFDRedSoxfail

Watching the Braves down the stretch was brutal, infuriating and heartbreaking. So many wasted opportunities, hitting about .160 with RISP this month. The strengths of our team (Bullpen, Defense, late inning comebacks) all went out the window and no one, and I mean no one stepped up. The Red Sox couldn't have had a rougher time than that.

The Red Sox only won SIX games the entire month of September, and they were heavily favored to win the AL East this year. That's historcially bad.

I don't even think this is a question. The Red Sox were the best team in baseball in August. Even if they lost out on the division, we all figured it would be another Yankees/Sox slugfest in the ALCS. The Braves, meanwhile, always had weaknesses, but there were always teams close to catching them in the wild card. I think we all just assumed they would hold on.

Both had pretty big leads coming into the final month. If I had to pick one, it would be Boston, considering they concluded their season against Baltimore and got swept. Philly is a much more worthy final opponent to finish the season and lose your playoff hopes to.

The Braves didn't exactly have the rediculousness of a guy like Adrian Gonzalez.

Atlanta didn't have near the amount or impact of injuries the Redsox were enduring, and they absolutely bombed it.

I'm not really sure why people aren't looking at the fact that 3 of our 5 starting pitchers were playing with injuries. Lackey is just old and complete crap.