DaPerceive9

Who will win the AFC West?

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the AFC West?

• Denver Broncos
    • Oakland Raiders
    • San Diego Chargers
    • Kansas City Chiefs

It's nice to think so, but the Raiders don't really have that many losable games left on their schedule.

It's gotta be the Raiders.

All the other teams have an issue of some sort at QB.

Rivers is playing like shit, Palko IS shit (let's see how Orton does), and Tebow can't throw the ball. But he does win, I'll give him that. But it's not enough to beat out Carson Palmer who is actually competent and can move it through the air.

It's nice to think so, but the Raiders don't really have that many losable games left on their schedule.

Yeah but to be fair four of these last five games for the Broncos can be looked at as fairly winnable.

I think it's gonna be Raiders...although Broncos might surprise in the rest of their games..

This is painful to say, but it's going to be the Raiders. They have the division lead now, winnable games to close out the season, and they're just the overall best team in the division.

Puke, yuck, bleh. I said it. Raiders win it, but I'm rooting for the Denver Tebows. Double yuck.

I'd love to say that the Chiefs still have a chance, but I just don't see it, and the Chargers keep losing in the division.

Oakland definitely. They're turning into a damn juggernaut, man. Carson Palmer has a million weapons and will soon have two very good running backs. Not to mention that defense is playing very well. Aaron Curry is a GREAT pickup right now. He's smart as hell out there. This team is going to be scary in the playoffs. I won't call them my Super Bowl favorite, but Carson Palmer has quickly turned them into a Super Bowl dark horse team.

I'm going with the Raiders. Winning team with a great rushing attack. Once they get back DMC they'll be even better. I don't see the Broncos with Tebow under center and an overachieving defense take the reigns. Chargers are done as are the Chiefs.

Looking at the Raiders schedule..think they die off for the rest of the year..Broncos all the way :yep:

Oakland will get Darren McFadden back soon, they're winning this division. What if they still had Nnamdi Asomugha?

I picked Denver before the season started and I'm sticking with them. :yep:

Oakland will get Darren McFadden back soon, they're winning this division. What if they still had Nnamdi Asomugha?

If they had Nnamdi? He'd be getting picked on like he is in Philly, and they'd be giving up big plays in the passing game. Who saw Nnamdi playing like this for the 2011 season?

Well, I took the Chiefs earlier in the year, so I have to roll with them until they're absolutely eliminated. As of now, they have as much of a shot as any other team in this division. If the Chiefs can take care of business against the Jets this week—which I actually expect them to do the way the defense has been suddenly all over every QB they play and them going up against Sanchez—then it's up to division play. We all play each other to close out the season. This thing won't be over until the end of business, week 17.

It's gotta be Denver as the favorites at this point.

Oakland dropping the game to Miami really really hurts them, not just because they are now tied with the Broncos, but because Denver beat the Fins earlier in the year, (Tebow's first start). The way the schedule is looking, it's either Denver or Oakland. But I still would not count out San Diego, they have caught fire before at the right time, and if they win out, they would need Oakland to drop one more game, and Denver to drop two, (they played Oakland once, so they can make them drop one, but they still need them to drop another).

Edited by Thanatos19

If they had Nnamdi? He'd be getting picked on like he is in Philly, and they'd be giving up big plays in the passing game. Who saw Nnamdi playing like this for the 2011 season?

...He's in a totally different system than what he was in with Oakland. Not saying he's declined, but it's not all on him. Anyway, I see the Raiders winning the division with Run DMC getting hot when he comes back.

I just don't see Oakland winning with the schedules they and Denver have:

:Broncos:

W14: vs. Bears - Pretty easy win with Hanie in for Cutler, and no Matt Forte.

W15: vs. Patriots - This could go either way, I'd say an easy loss, but New England doesn't normally play well in Denver.

W16: @ Bills - Most likely a win with the Bills horrid rush defense, and without Fred Jackson.

W17: vs. Chiefs - Most likely a win for obvious reason.

:Raiders:

W14: @ Packers - Pretty obvious loss.

W15: vs. lions - Definite advantage to Detroit here, especially if DMC isn't back yet.

W16: @ Chiefs - Probably a win.

W17: vs. Chargers- Could go either way, if the Chargers win over Jacksonville wasn't a fluke.

And the Raiders have to end up with a better record, they will lose the tiebreak to Denver almost certainly.

After this week, it's pretty much a given Oakland is going to be 7-6, and I'd bet money Denver is going to be 8-5. I just think the Raiders had to have that game in Miami and they lost the division when they got blown out there.

I really don't think Chicago qualifies as an easy win, we haven'texactly been favoured to win a game this year... No longer being the underdogs could be a mental thing, and you don't want a team to have a mental thing against a defense like the Bears... who are still pretty damn good last I checked. We need a good game from our tight ends, and Fells just does not fit this new look scheme.

I really don't think Chicago qualifies as an easy win, we haven'texactly been favoured to win a game this year... No longer being the underdogs could be a mental thing, and you don't want a team to have a mental thing against a defense like the Bears... who are still pretty damn good last I checked. We need a good game from our tight ends, and Fells just does not fit this new look scheme.

I was looking at it from the other perspective. Denver's defense against a Chicago offense led by Caleb Hanie and without Matt Forte? The Bears will be lucky to get a couple of first downs.

And you guys were favored in the Minnesota game, barely. (By 1.5, I think.)

forgot about the Packers honestly. I just remembered the Lions, Chargers and Chiefs.

It'd be a different scenario if the Raiders beat the Dolphins but hey whatevs.