AL_Royalty

VOTE: Best LB in the NFL

Best Line Backer  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the best LB in the NFL?

• Patrick Willis
    • Von Miller
    • Derrick Johnson
    • Demarcus Ware
    • Bart Scott
    • Terrell Suggs
    • Ray Lewis
    • LaMarr Woodley
    • Karlos Dansby (self-proclaimed world's best LB)
    • James Laurinaitis
    • Lance Briggs
    • Brian Urlacher
    • Tamba Hali
    • Clay Mathews
    • London Fletcher
    • Other

One of our members here has stated his opinion that Von Miller is not only the hands down DROY, but that he has been "maybe the best LB in the league." It got me to thinking: with so many great LBs that do so many different things well with different styles, who do you think is the overall best LB in the NFL?

Use any criteria you want. The beauty of this is that different people value different things in players, so let us know who you think is the best leader of the front seven and why.

I took Patrick Willis. He's just so well rounded. He can do whatever is needed, and he has a knack for being around the ball on almost every play. He can penetrate the backfield, cover guys in the passing game, and is one of the surest tacklers in the entire NFL. Plus, he does it every year, no matter how bad the 49ers are in a given year.

I know I said Miller is having arguably the best year of any LB but Ray Lewis is a first ballot hall of famer. Litterally one of the greatest ever. Von Miller is going to be great I think but he has a lot to prove. If he can keeping improving on his play after his stellar rookie campaign thouhgh...You could be looking at a hall of famer in his own right.

An argument can be made for several of these guys. I'd put Ware, Willis, & Suggs in my top three. All three are exceptionally gifted athletes and know how to ball. I put my vote in for Willis simply because I think he's a dominant, all-around LB who's a physical freak of nature, but I wouldn't argue against an argument for Ware or Suggs. Ray Lewis is not the best right now but I still think he's one hell of a player, especially with his age. One question: Why not James Harrison? :shrug:

One of our members here has stated his opinion that Von Miller is not only the hands down DROY, but that he has been "maybe the best LB in the league."

lolwut. I'd be hard pressed to say he's a top-5 OLB let alone the top LB all together.

Oh and I went with Patrick Willis as well. I find it hard to compare LB's seeing as they're used so differently in different schemes, but I personally feel he's the most well-rounded ILB in the league. Great against the run, great against the pass, and the very few times he's asked to he gets pressure on the QB pretty well.

Edited by Shotgun

An argument can be made for several of these guys. I'd put Ware, Willis, & Suggs in my top three. One question: Why not James Harrison? :shrug:

You can make the argument that he's not even the best LB on his own team. He's not on the level of the three guys you mentioned IMO, but that's why there's an "other" vote. I wanted the list to be fifteen guys long, and so some guys are going to be left off, but do you really see Harrison winning the overall vote?

I can't take anybody other than Ray Lewis tbh. He's still got it imo.

I went with Willis. But where are Daryl Smith and James Harrison on that list?

As for Miller, I think he is a top ten linebacker and maybe even the best 4-3 outside linebacker. Like Razor said, he's is by far the best pass-rushing 4-3 OLB in the NFL, and he's great against the run. I got a chance to watch quite a few Bronco games this year and he has been flat out dominant. Espicially in the last two games. I really don't understand why Tebow is getting all the credit for the Bronco's winning streak... Von Miller has been fantastic and Elvis Dumervil is starting to come into his own after missing all of last season.

Edited by Alu Alu
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Where's the option for Barrett Ruud? :troll: My vote goes to Patrick Willis. A complete monster on the field who is the leader of one of the best defenses in the NFL.

You can make the argument that he's not even the best LB on his own team. He's not on the level of the three guys you mentioned IMO, but that's why there's an "other" vote. I wanted the list to be fifteen guys long, and so some guys are going to be left off, but do you really see Harrison winning the overall vote?

I don't, but he's arguably in the top 5 LB's in the NFL. I'm not dissin' your list, it's pretty good, I was just curious why he was left off that's all.

Patrick Willis or Ray Ray, IMO.

But I'm gonna go with the young fella...Mr. Willis.

:yep:

Also...very well said, Razor.

Comparing ILBs and OLBs is ridiculous.

I agree, but I also have to say in general 3-4 OLB's get way more credit than the other positions due to the sack numbers. It's refreshing to see an ILB dominating the votes in this thread.

i voted Willis.

but Ray Lewis still has it and Von Miller is gonna be the shit.

Best ILB - P Willie

Best OLB - D Ware

Why is it ridiculous to compare OLB's to ILB's? How do they EVER decide who DPOY is? How can you compare a LB to a DL or a DB? OMGZZZZZ

• Upvote 1

Willis and Ware cannot be compared. Neither is better than the other, in my book. You might as well just give them the nod and have it be a tie, and perhaps throw Ray-Ray in too for a 3 person tie.

Willis and Ware cannot be compared. Neither is better than the other, in my book. You might as well just give them the nod and have it be a tie, and perhaps throw Ray-Ray in too for a 3 person tie.

Why? You don't think Ed Reed is better than Igor Olshansky? Or James Harrison is better than Benny Sapp? The idea that you can't compare Willis and Ware for the best LB is absurd. I happens every year when the DPOY award is given out or when Hall of Fame candidates are chosen and inducted.

Why? You don't think Ed Reed is better than Igor Olshansky? Or James Harrison is better than Benny Sapp? The idea that you can't compare Willis and Ware for the best LB is absurd. I happens every year when the DPOY award is given out or when Hall of Fame candidates are chosen and inducted.

And oftentimes the best defensive player in the league doesn't get the award. Want to know why? Because the best defensive players in the league consistently put up beast stats, but there's always one guy who has a great year, whether he's the best or not. A lot of times it goes to that player. Jared Allen might get it this year, but are you going to say he's better than Patrick Willis or DeMarcus Ware? No. Nobody is.

Anybody notice that the only ones complaining about comparing ILBs and OLBs are Cowboys fans? What, you guys mad that Ware isn't winning?

Anybody notice that the only ones complaining about comparing ILBs and OLBs are Cowboys fans? What, you guys mad that Ware isn't winning?

No, we just feel that he's being dismissed because he doesn't rack up the tackles that players like Willis do. Ware's sacks to Willis' sacks is just as drastically different. What, exactly, is the difference between the two, outside of position? There is no difference in quality. They're the best at the positions they play. Somebody tell me why Patrick Willis is better than DeMarcus Ware. Try to. See if you can do it.

This year Bowman leads the team in tackles.

No, we just feel that he's being dismissed because he doesn't rack up the tackles that players like Willis do. Ware's sacks to Willis' sacks is just as drastically different. What, exactly, is the difference between the two, outside of position? There is no difference in quality. They're the best at the positions they play. Somebody tell me why Patrick Willis is better than DeMarcus Ware. Try to. See if you can do it.

That's not why I picked Ray Lewis over DeMarcus Ware and tackles are stat that I would say are overrated yes, but most people on this board know that. Nobody is putting D'Qwell Jackson or Pat Angerer on the list. I picked Ray Lewis because right now idk that there is a single player out there who can elevate the play of his entire defense the way Ray Lewis can and does and has done since 1996. He racks up tackles, but also makes a ton of big plays for the Ravens. Who would you take over Ray Lewis with the game on the line 4th and inches, 3 seconds on the clock and you have a 1 point lead?