Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Eagles road to the Playoffs

Ok so first they have to beat Dallas in Dallas and Washington at home. Based on what we've seen from this team so far I think they probably lose at least one of these games but I think the Eagles are very capable of winning both games.

The Jets have to beat the Giants this week. The Jets are going to be pissed and need to win to secure their playoff position. I think this is a very real possibility.

Then the last thing the Eagles need is a Giants win in week 17 over the Cowboys. The Giants have home field for that game. I think they could win but that's really a toss up.

I'm just so surprised that at this point the Eagles are in this position. The NFCE is really weak this year. Nobody that wins this division is going anywhere anyway tbh.

It's crazy that with everything that has gone on this season teams like the Eagles, Seahawks and Cardinals are still alive. Great lesson in never giving up.

I cannot believe that there's any chance we make the playoffs. It does make this week a bit more exciting though.

If Arizona got their defense sorted out earlier in the year (lockout hurt like hell), they'd still be competing with San Fran for the division.

If I could see any team pulling this off, it would be the Eagles. If I could see this happening in any division, it'd be the NFC East. The pieces are set.

It's going to be one hell of a finish to the post-lockout season, that's for damn sure.

Edited by Maverick

That's why the NFC East is my favorite division. It's the most competitive and every year its always a tough battle for the #1 and #2 spots, which is usually a wild card.

• Upvote 2

That's why the NFC East is my favorite division. It's the most competitive and every year its always a tough battle for the #1 and #2 spots, which is usually a wild card.

No NFC South Pride? smh :nonono:

No NFC South Pride? smh :nonono:

I hate all Falcon/Panther/Saints fans, including you dawg. Why would it be my favorite division? Maybe when motherfucking Drew Brees retires, shit can be more competitive again. :D

You know, sean, I actually think this is going to happen. It's going to come down to Dallas losing to NYG next week, but I see it as very possible. If I were bettin' man, I'd put money on Philly beating Dallas by at least 10 points this weekend. We just have to see if NYG can suck enough to lose to NYJ.

Though I admit this, I don't see Philadelphia as a dangerous team in the playoffs. I think both Dallas and NYG have better defenses (when their defenses show up that is) and better quarterbacks (come on, Philly fans, time to admit you have the third best QB in this division).

I see where this is headed...

394613100_e17df6d6d4.jpg

dead-end1.jpg

• Upvote 1

I hate all Falcon/Panther/Saints fans, including you dawg. Why would it be my favorite division? Maybe when motherfucking Drew Brees retires, shit can be more competitive again. :D

Say what? Brees and the Saints are good, but they still haven't won the division back-to-back. The South is generally very competitive, it's the only division that we haven't had a back-to-back winner since after the re-alignment back in '01, I think it was.

Say what? Brees and the Saints are good, but they still haven't won the division back-to-back. The South is generally very competitive, it's the only division that we haven't had a back-to-back winner since after the re-alignment back in '01, I think it was.

I'm referring to this year and the dominant level Brees is playing on.

Hey look, a non-NFC East fan gets it. Even in a year when the teams in the East are having a down year, the level of competition is still as high as ever. Gonna be a real fun finish to the season, and even if the Eagles' playoff hopes are dim, it's still exciting to know we have a chance.

lolsean

Though while we will be missing out on the playoffs due to a horrendous first three-fourths of the season, any year where we sweep the Dallas Cowgirls is a partially successful one. :rock:

• Upvote 1

That's because every team in that division is so god damn erratic. One week they look like world beaters, the next they look borderline retarded. It's makes for some extremely entertaining football, and I love watching NFC E match ups. But I wouldn't switch divisions or anything like that.