Wee-Bey

NBA 2012 Game Thread

Guest Phailadelphia

Heat @ Thunder at 7PM! I'M SO FUCKING READY FOR THIS

Dwight Howard isn't being taken seriously as an MVP candidate because there are no MVP candidates other than LeBron.

Kevin Durant says hello.

Welp, time to face the music. I was wrong about Love, I still wouldn't take him as my #1 guy if I was looking to build a team around a PF. But his production have been the best in the NBA at his position, and that alone if nothing else puts him at #1.

Also, it's kinda crazy to think about how many good players this year have underperformed. This lockout has had some pretty clear affects... Granger, Stat, Melo, etc...

Kevin Durant says hello.

Hi Kevin Durant. Congrats on having a good shot at finishing 2nd.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Heat @ Thunder at 7PM! I'M SO FUCKING READY FOR THIS

Nearly spent about a grand on awesome tickets to that game, but decided against it.

Guest Phailadelphia

OKC wins. Miami loses. YEAH BUDDY

And KD just took a giant dump all over Lebron on both ends of the court. MVP MVP MVP

LeBron is the best player in the league this season, but doesn't necesarily make him MVP. I have no clue what the award really means anymore, it really isn't for the most valuable player in the league, but it doesn't always go to the one who had the best season either, like last year...

On another note...this is NOT photoshopped.

TimDuncanOld.png

Guest Phailadelphia

Yeah I posted about that in the shoutbox earlier. Hilarious. :laugh:

lmao.. Where was that from?

Lebron has been slumping the past few games, so this isn't all that much of a surprise. He's still the MVP imo, but this next month will pretty much determine whether or not KD can surpass him or not.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Bulls are lookin good. Tough break tonight against the Nuggets but we're poised to snag the #1 seed in the EC.

All this with Rose and Hamilton out. Get them real healthy and if they can both go into the playoffs 100% we might be alright.

All this valuable game time experience for our bench is really helping out as well. Maybe Rose can get some help in the playoffs this year.

For the Durant/Lebron debate:

Statistically, Kevin Durant is the best on-ball defender in the league. When he is guarding a player one-on-one, that player scores the basketball just 38.7 percent of the time – a lower percentage than any other player allows.
  • Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

KD is going to be on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight for anyone interested.

For the Durant/Lebron debate:

While this might mean something, rarely do I see Durant guarding great scoring threats. LeBron is every game.

Guest Phailadelphia

Heat down...

Lakers down...

On to the next one! Bring it on, Chicago!!

Oh, and Westbrook is ridiculous good.

Philly owns Boston. It's official.

I just hope we remain in the playoff spot..

I didn't want to create a topic just for this but the college dunk contest was 10x better than the NBA version. I didn't even watch it. I just saw the highlights and it was better than anything pro I saw at the All-star weekend.

I think I've just come to the realization that Russell Westbrook is really good.

:yep:

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

I think I've just come to the realization that Russell Westbrook is really good.

:yep:

1st team All-NBA. :bookit:

The Rockets somehow found a way to defeat Memphis tonight, even through the boatload of uncalled fouls on Memphis. I can't believe the shit Tony Allen and Marc Gasol get away with.

Now, I love the way Memphis plays--I love their tough, hacking, fouling defense, but they probably won't get away with shit like this against OKC, LAL, or SA. Those teams WILL get the foul calls Houston wasn't.

For a second there I thought we were gonna lose to the Bobcats...

We don't have a NBA draft thread so ima put it here.. I want MKG in a Pistons jersey so bad...

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

The Rockets somehow found a way to defeat Memphis tonight, even through the boatload of uncalled fouls on Memphis. I can't believe the shit Tony Allen and Marc Gasol get away with.

Now, I love the way Memphis plays--I love their tough, hacking, fouling defense, but they probably won't get away with shit like this against OKC, LAL, or SA. Those teams WILL get the foul calls Houston wasn't.

Do you like how Dragic has played in Kyle's absence?

Guest Phailadelphia

I think it's time for the Lakers to relegate Kobe to a lesser role or try to get him more involved off the ball or in catch and shoot situations for easier buckets. He's been in a pretty serious decline over the last 2 months as he racks up all these minutes (leading the league there). 20%-30% shooting nights are becoming more and more common.

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1