SteVo

2012 TGP Mock Draft Game Discussion Thread

On another note, it's good that we've picked up the pace so much. I think for next year, we could start organizing the game bit earlier and require everyone to send their board to someone who is very active so that the picks can be made faster. Then you would have a nice surprise the next day when you check TGP and you're like, "Oh nice! I got such and such!" And that way we would actually get all the way through the entire game. :yep:

that would require a much higher time commitment from all involved, I know I'm just taking 20-30 mins each time I'm up to look at who's left at positions of need so I don't have anything even resembling a big board and wouldn't have had the time to create one

It wouldn't take more time if we started organizing the game sooner... and it would save time in the long run. Just sayin'.

It wouldn't take more time if we started organizing the game sooner... and it would save time in the long run. Just sayin'.

creating a full draft board compared to finding one player at each pick? I can't see how that would be a time saver. It would certainly allow the draft to move faster, but only at the expense of much more extensive preparation on the part of all involved and a huge headache for whoever is running it. Maybe we have enough people who know all of the prospects well enough that it wouldn't be an issue, but I would not be one of those people.

Say we start organizing the game a week earlier than we did this time. During that week, you make your board. If you spread it out over 4 or 5 days, it's not that much time. Then as players get taken, you can just look on your board and make a pick. Trust me, it's a good idea. :yep:

Say we start organizing the game a week earlier than we did this time. During that week, you make your board. If you spread it out over 4 or 5 days, it's not that much time. Then as players get taken, you can just look on your board and make a pick. Trust me, it's a good idea. :yep:

I'm not saying it's not a good idea, in fact I'd say just the opposite as it'd lead to a much better draft if everyone took the time at the beginning to look at all of the prospects, I'm just saying that it adds a significant time commitment during that first week, it's definitely something worth bringing up when we start putting this together for next year

• Upvote 1

Well in honor of the early start Jadeveon clowney is going to be a top 15 pick in two years barring injury.

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Upvote 2

lolBC Ctrl+F

Has the 7th round started...?

Yes...

Razor x2

Dmac

Stevo

Trident

have all been skipped. You may make your selections at any time.

NBB is on the clock.

Yes...

Razor x2

Dmac

Stevo

Trident

have all been skipped. You may make your selections at any time.

NBB is on the clock.

BC also still needs to make his pick, since he chose someone that had already been taken.

Thanatos is taking over GM duties for ATL. For anyone wondering.

I say ATL should be banned from participating in any future draft games.

Also... We have 2 full days to get through this thing.. And I am DETERMINED. lol

If you have been skipped previously.. You are prone to be put on auto-skip. It's going to be a little chaotic.. But we need to get the maximum number of people on the clock as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It really isn't fair to those of you who are active and only been skipped once maybe... But it needs to be done. Again, I apologize. I hope you can understand.

The following teams have picks to make up...

Round 6:

11) Seahawks - BC -

17) Jets - Trident -

Round 7

6) Redskins - Bangy

10) Giants - NYGFH

13) Bears - MOTM

16) Vikings - Stevo

18) Redskins - Bangy

a name most people probably don't know, Jonathan Grimes definitely has potential to be a very good back in the NFL, he holds the school record for career rushing yards (4,541) and has always been part of a RBBC, he'll probably go undrafted but I'm hoping somebody takes a flier on him in the seventh, and before you start talking down his competition, yes he's a I-AA player, but he's in the CAA, the same conference that produced Brian Westbrook and Tim Hightower among others, I think he'd provide a great compliment to Chris Johnson (who I'd really like to see go into some sort of a timeshare next year) so I'd love to see him land in Tennessee

Edited by oochymp

Couple comments on my 7th rounders, which I am loving right now.. TBH.

The Packers need depth on the DL badly. We need a new starter on the one side, and then somebody is going to need to fill in for Ryan Pickett when he decides to retire.. Whenever that may be.

I have solved the Packers problems at DE for many many many years. I ended up taking FOUR 34 DE, the last of which was Dominique Hamilton.

He has a great burst off the snap. Plays the run strong and stout, and gets some great leverage off the edge. He might need to add a little weight, but he'll be fine. Not to mention... Missouri is a sick nasty Dline producing machine.

Following up on the DLine depth, the Packers let Howard Green (primary back up NT) go in FA this year. Raji REALLY needs a solid option behind him so that he doesn't need to play 95% of our defenses snaps. We rely too much on him right now and it is hurting his development.

So.. I decided to take Akiem Hicks who is really one of my last well rated NT (Socal took the other a few picks later). The range in which he could get picked is huge. No idea where he will go, but he has the potential.

He has the size, power, and agility to be successful in this league. He could either dominate, or completely fall flat. Taking him as a flier in the 7th is a very low risk, potentially high reward which is exactly what Ted Thompson likes.

Well, we got close.

I bet all the players the Vikes draft with those picks are Pro Bowlers. :shifty:

Jets were skipped at 9 AM this morning.

Bangy is eating tea and crumpets so he gets skipped.

You all can make your selections at any time.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Oops, I forget we still had some time until the later rounds. :yep:

ATTENTION

Every team or GM who has a pick remaining in the NFL Mock Draft is ON THE CLOCK.

You may make your remaining selections at ANY TIME between now and the beginning of the 2nd round on Friday evening. At that time, this thread will close, and all remaining picks will be forfeited.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Welp. Vin wins the grading part.

Taking AJ Jenkins with the 146th pick in the draft and he's drafted with the 30 pick gives him +116, lol.

Still feelin my Melvin Ingram and Kelechi Osemele picks. Both beasting so far :rock:

Can't believe Bruce Irvin went at the end of the 2nd to GB by F4E :blink:

I didn't get so many steals but I hit big on a few picks. Luke Keuchly and LaVonte David are DROY candidates. Bernard Pierce would be an AWESOME change of pace back for McCoy and Kirk Cousins looked promising in his lone start this year. Only thing is I didn't have many picks, but does that really matter? Most teams with like 10 picks or whatever miss on a bunch of guys.

For Miami, Again I didn't have a lot of picks, but that's because I had to trade up for RGIII, which I did at an absolute Bargain. Two firsts and a 2nd for RGIII. I also drafted two guys who played a lot this year. One, a WR in T.Y. Hilton and the other in Silatolu. The latter kinda played like shit but he was a rookie and still started.