Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

Deion Sanders tweets that his wife beat him

Are we sure he didn't misunderstand a threesome?

• Upvote 1

via TMZ

Pilar Sanders has been arrested for domestic violence after allegedly attacking Deion Sanders in their Texas home this afternoon.

According to the Colin County Jail website ... Pilar was booked for "assault family violence" -- a misdemeanor.

As TMZ reported, NFL Hall of Famer Deion claims his estranged wife, Pilar and her friend jumped him in his bedroom earlier today. Deion says two of his sons witnessed the alleged attack.

Although Pilar and Deion are going through a bitter, BITTER divorce ... they are still living together in their suburban Dallas home.

Deion told TMZ Pilar had been taken to the hospital immediately after the incident -- claiming she needed medical treatment -- but she is now in police custody.

Deion claims he didn't harm Pilar, and only "defended" himself until he was able to call police.

I realize there are going to be jokes about Deion avoiding physical play, etc. Domestic violence against men is trivialized and not taken seriously.

via TMZ

I realize there are going to be jokes about Deion avoiding physical play, etc. Domestic violence against men is trivialized and not taken seriously.

I was going to go on a rant, but you summed it up very nicely in one sentence. To most people domestic violence where the man is the victim is nothing more than a joke. Rarely is it taken seriously, and even authorities don't treat it the same.

But on her way out of jail, Pilar told reporters, "I am innocent. I understand that I have a very little chance at beating a Hall of Fame, two-sport man that everyone seems to love and adore. I am a full-time mom 100 percent for my children and I have just not gotten a fair shake."

However.... A couple other comments I want to make.

1) They are going through a bad bad divorce, yet continue to live with each other? Why exactly does that sound like a good idea?

2) There are also other victims in this case and those are their children. Tweeting a picture of what looks to be their two sons doing paperwork against their mother, regardless of her guilt, can't be easy. They seem to be in the middle of a vicious battle of tug-o-war, and it isn't fair to them.

It probably doesn't sound like a good idea because quite frankly, IT ISN'T!

However it doesn't matter if it sounds like a bad idea, or if one wants the other out. Fact is sense they were married they are both entitled to half of everything. (Assuming no agreement) If that's the case then Deion very well could have told her to get the hell out and she could have literally said "no this is my house too!" Funny how America works, isn't it?

It probably doesn't sound like a good idea because quite frankly, IT ISN'T!

However it doesn't matter if it sounds like a bad idea, or if one wants the other out. Fact is sense they were married they are both entitled to half of everything. (Assuming no agreement) If that's the case then Deion very well could have told her to get the hell out and she could have literally said "no this is my house too!" Funny how America works, isn't it?

Just because she / he has a legal right to be there doesn't mean they have to be there.

Separation is very common, especially in cases where it's as bad as they want us to believe the Sanders' divorce is. They had the chance to do that, but wrote into the decree that they would continue to live together.

That's what you call poor judgement.

As is tweeting a picture of your children filling out police reports on their mother.

All specific comments about Deion aside, this is a sad reminder of how far the Information Era has taken us. Something like this does NOT belong on Twitter, or anywhere in social media. This should be private.

Have fun seeing you are your kids in next weeks tabloids you idiot. I don't get this ridiculous need celebrities have to air out their dirty laundry

Considering that the person whose paycheck paid for the house should get the house, it's absurd that she even has a say in whether or not she can stay. I don't care what marriage "entitles," if I pay for my goddamn house and get divorced, I'll be damned if I'm losing my house.

Anybody else not even interested in starting joint accounts with the significant others? I sure as hell won't be, and in today's day and age, it's probably best to have both parties sign a pre-nup.

As for the money argument, I think I heard on the radio that Pilar signed a pre-nup. I may be wrong. If she did though, she is barely getting shit compared to what most of these athletes ex wives get.

As for the money argument, I think I heard on the radio that Pilar signed a pre-nup. I may be wrong. If she did though, she is barely getting shit compared to what most of these athletes ex wives get.

Being the ex-wife of an athlete doesn't entitle you to his money. Women don't have to not work and stay at home. In today's day and age, why not work? I'm pretty sure most people feel better about money spent if it's their own money.

Just another gold digging bitch. I hope she is left broke and destitute.

Being the ex-wife of an athlete doesn't entitle you to his money. Women don't have to not work and stay at home. In today's day and age, why not work? I'm pretty sure most people feel better about money spent if it's their own money.

I somewhat share those sentiments. Natas made a good point too. However, usually its up the courts to decide that and alimony laws. That's why a pre-nup helps.

• Upvote 1

Sure it doesnt 'entitle' her to money but marriage is a partnership. There are certainly sacrifices made by both man and woman. When the man is away making the $$, who is at home with the kids? How do you know she didnt work? If they signed a prenup, so be it.

But often times there are sacrifices a women makes to allow the man to make that money. My first wife left a career she loved in order to raise our two kids. She could have easily brought in money to help pay for our house but our situation was one that allowed her to be at home with the kids. Why should my paycheck determine who has the right to stay in the house? She put as much work --if not more-- into providing a home for our children.

Stay at home moms don't get enough credit. :clap: to your wife.

Although I do think this is a different situation. I believe that I read yesterday that Deion WANTED her to be a stay at home mom / house wife... but she got wrapped up in doing TV work and kind of being a celebrity in her own right and he didn't like that and it ended up leading to their divorce.

Not sure how accurate that is, though. Just kinda skimmed an article.

• Upvote 1

Sure it doesnt 'entitle' her to money but marriage is a partnership. There are certainly sacrifices made by both man and woman. When the man is away making the $$, who is at home with the kids? How do you know she didnt work? If they signed a prenup, so be it.

You make excellent points, but is it worth it to lose an entire year's earnings to stay with kids? Surely daycare bills (though expensive) don't equal out what her entire year's earnings would be. I'm not saying staying at home with the kids is a bad thing, either. Just articulating my point.

Also, one thing people need to understand is that, yes, taking care of kids all day and doing housework is a lot of work, and a lot of times it is harder than what the husband is doing at work, especially if he's a desk jockey. I do want to hear that argument dropped when compared to 8-12 hours of physical labor that some men do, though. Honestly, after a long day at a physical job, that's plenty of an excuse to come home and relax--and this applies to both sexes. Not just males.

You make excellent points, but is it worth it to lose an entire year's earnings to stay with kids? Surely daycare bills (though expensive) don't equal out what her entire year's earnings would be. I'm not saying staying at home with the kids is a bad thing, either. Just articulating my point.

Also, one thing people need to understand is that, yes, taking care of kids all day and doing housework is a lot of work, and a lot of times it is harder than what the husband is doing at work, especially if he's a desk jockey. I do want to hear that argument dropped when compared to 8-12 hours of physical labor that some men do, though. Honestly, after a long day at a physical job, that's plenty of an excuse to come home and relax--and this applies to both sexes. Not just males.

I have to disagree. Especially in the early years, it's just as hard if not harder for a stay-at-home parent, whether it be the mom or the dad.

I think your first paragraph misses the point of having one of the parents stay home. It's not for the money. It's not all about money, and what would earn you the most cash. There are more important things in life.

• Upvote 1

I have to disagree. Especially in the early years, it's just as hard if not harder for a stay-at-home parent, whether it be the mom or the dad.

I think your first paragraph misses the point of having one of the parents stay home. It's not for the money. It's not all about money, and what would earn you the most cash. There are more important things in life.

Yeah, but not every stay at home parent is a model parent. Lots of times it can be more harmful for children to be around a parent too much, especially if said parent does not discipline and teach or if they're abusive. Now, there are model parents out there that stay at home--that can't be argued, but they're just the sample size. As a whole, does stay-at-home work more often than not? I'd rather send my kids to a daycare facility where they can be social, make friends, learn how to respect other adults, and potentially even deal with a little bullying, so they learn how to handle it because it's going to happen in school.

I dunno. I just fear that, as a parent, I'd become too lenient if I was a consistent presence. It seems like it'd be natural.

Yeah, but not every stay at home parent is a model parent. Lots of times it can be more harmful for children to be around a parent too much, especially if said parent does not discipline and teach or if they're abusive. Now, there are model parents out there that stay at home--that can't be argued, but they're just the sample size. As a whole, does stay-at-home work more often than not? I'd rather send my kids to a daycare facility where they can be social, make friends, learn how to respect other adults, and potentially even deal with a little bullying, so they learn how to handle it because it's going to happen in school.

I dunno. I just fear that, as a parent, I'd become too lenient if I was a consistent presence. It seems like it'd be natural.

The statistics are completely the opposite on this.

Not to mention, not all of us go to public school. I didn't myself- I was homeschooled from 2nd-grade up. Mostly because my dad was military and it was far better than changing schools every two years.

This is, of course, not what happens in the majority of the cases, but the stats on kids with two working parents vs one is pretty clear.

If you have any one study that shows the opposite, I'd be a little shocked frankly. Everything I've looked at has said that kids with one parent who stays at home or works out of the house, (you seem to be assuming that in order to work, one must leave the home, which is not really true at all in this day and age), are, as a rule, more well-adjusted than kids who have both parents working.

I'm not putting anyone down- sometimes, you have to have both parents working out of the house, you need the cash flow and steady income that provides. But ideally, and if at all possible, one parent should remain in the house.

Edited by Thanatos19

Spose to beat dat bitch with your pimp hand