Sarge

The good news thread

Outside of a pretty terrible actual dance, Homecoming night was really fun. I just hope the dancing situation fades away before it comes Prom time.

School dances are shitty by nature. My Senior Prom last year (which I didn't go to but it doesn't really matter) was a Masquerade theme but masks couldn't be worn inside the building. Yeah, I know,

Well, I guess the fact that I'm currently pulling 4 A's and a B in my first semester of college is decent enough news.

I got asked out on a date from a pretty hot guy. :)

Did you catfish him?

• Upvote 1

I got asked out on a date from a pretty hot guy. :)

Did you catfish him?

I don't know what that means.

School dances are shitty by nature. My Senior Prom last year (which I didn't go to but it doesn't really matter) was a Masquerade theme but masks couldn't be worn inside the building. Yeah, I know,

I actually had a ton of fun at my Junior Prom, and I went with the same girl to Homecoming. The only difference is that they shut off the music this time every time people looked like they were dancing "too inappropriately". It was crap, but outside of that, again, was really fun.

The job I got laid off from back in Feb. is calling people back :devious:. Back to making the big bucks.

Although I screwed the other Frito over that shouldn't affect my position there since its the different union and not a reapp.

Had a great dinner date with a great guy tonight. Looks like there will be date #2.

Went to a Halloween party last night and people were digging my costume. I'm pretty much myself but from the darkest timeline (based off the TV show Community). I won second for my costume, guy dressed as a mountie won.

Bought a new truck today. Can hardly say it's new though, it's almost 30 years old. New to me though.

1984 Ford 250. It is nice. I'll have to put some pics up later. :yep:

Bought a new truck today. Can hardly say it's new though, it's almost 30 years old. New to me though.

Nice. I've been looking for an older truck like that. Love the body style those 84 250s for some reason.

Got my letter in the mail yesterday, I've been recalled from my layoff :rock:. Back to making the big bucks.

wzeo.jpg

5pmf.jpg

2bfv.jpg

Interior is just as good as the outside there's a few things that need done to it here and there but for an '84 it's exceptional right now.

Pickups looked so much better back in the day. We just bought an immaculate '95 at the farm and I'd rather drive that than the 2012 any day.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Congrats, man. Even though your football team will never win the big one because they choke like a toddler on a Happy Meal, you'll at least get a quality education.

:p

• Upvote 1

I finished my semester today. I only have one more until I graduate in May. It's been a crazy journey for me to get to this point, but now it's so close to being real.

• Upvote 2

Got accepted into paramedic school at Penn College (Smaller version of PSU) currently a nationally registered EMT-B right now...but should only have 2 or 3 semesters to get my paramedic certification, then it's on to finishing my bachelor's in CrimJ.

• Upvote 1

Got accepted into paramedic school at Penn College (Smaller version of PSU) currently a nationally registered EMT-B right now...but should only have 2 or 3 semesters to get my paramedic certification, then it's on to finishing my bachelor's in CrimJ.

Honest question, why not just get an associate's in criminal justice? I remember when I got in a bit of an accident last summer I was shooting the shit with a cop as we were waiting for the tow truck and he mentioned he got his associate's in criminal justice and that there really is no difference between getting the associate's and the bachelor's.

Honest question, why not just get an associate's in criminal justice? I remember when I got in a bit of an accident last summer I was shooting the shit with a cop as we were waiting for the tow truck and he mentioned he got his associate's in criminal justice and that there really is no difference between getting the associate's and the bachelor's.

It's honestly something I've wrestled with. For me, I'd like to work in the SS or FBI. I have the clearances already through the military, and they are generally more likely to accept people with prior military experience then someone without. Just want to make the resume' look better..and paying for school honestly really isn't an issue since I'm attending a state school..but I'd hope to end up with a Master's anyway.

One semester down at Fort Lauderdale High School...and our school earned an A grade from the state for the second consecutive year.

• Upvote 1

Today is the start of my two-week vacation. Won't be back to work until the 6th. :rock:

• Upvote 1

Today is Christmas day! (at least on the east coast)

Edited by Duck Fallas

Tomorrow I leave to spend 3 1/2 weeks in Europe.

• Upvote 1

Finalized the deal on my new car: 2013 Nissan Sentra. Feels great not to deal with the maintenance of an old, used car.

• Upvote 1