Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Finals- Thunder Vs. Heat (1-1)

Yup OKC fans, just like when Ginobili had to go sit on the bench because he drew 5 fouls (somehow, someway) due to Harden's flops in game 6 late in the fourth quarter.

The NBA isn't fair, and life isn't fair. Tt's a shame OKC "fans" are just figuring that out now. Instead of crying about the refs, OKC should start hitting free throws - unless that, of course, is due to the refs as well. And James Harden shooting 2-10, Sefalosha and Westbrook messing up a crucial inbound is also the refs fault. Give me a break - every team gets bad calls. The great teams deal with them.

btw, LOL at Westbrook doing that stupid pistol celebration when his team is still trailing the Heat. Act like you have hit a 3 pointer before - kind of like KD does. This isn't backyard street ball where you clown on each other when you hit a shot. Hit the 3, do a fist pump or whatever and get back on defense.

Edited by The Admiral

All you chicken littles crying about refs need to get over it. Thunder are missing tons of FTS and making stupid mistakes on D, how is that the refs fault? The Heat have earned these wins.

• Upvote 1

No matter how warranted they are, the fact that such strong complaints about the officiating consistently exist in the NBA Finals year in and year out is why I can't get into basketball.

:yeahthat:

And just the NBA in general... it's like there's absolutely ZERO contact allowed in the game. You lay a fucking finger another player and you're called for the foul. Along with the poor officiating, the quality of play is typically dog shit. Just so unwatchable. Also, the fact that plenty of NBA players are turning into hipster faggots is another thing that makes me want to stop watching the NBA permanently. So glad that no NFL'ers wear lenseless glasses and leather denim jackets.

• Upvote 1

btw, LOL at Westbrook doing that stupid pistol celebration when his team is still trailing the Heat. Act like you have hit a 3 pointer before - kind of like KD does. This isn't backyard street ball where you clown on each other when you hit a shot. Hit the 3, do a fist pump or whatever and get back on defense.

Pretty much every time he makes a shot he does some sort of stupid celebration. I can't stand the guy. I really wish he'd just learn from Durant who is a true professional. Westbrook acts like a 6 year old kid.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that the refs have taken Durant out of a good chunk of each second half in the last two games. I have never seen a superstar get treated like that, especially when he ISN'T committing the fouls he's being called for.

I am not sure what would be worse if the Heat win.... The media talking up the Heat like the best team ever or all the Thunder fans in denial and crying about having the series stolen from them.

Pretty much every time he makes a shot he does some sort of stupid celebration. I can't stand the guy. I really wish he'd just learn from Durant who is a true professional. Westbrook acts like a 6 year old kid.

It's getting to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if he went crowd surfing if they won the opening tip-off.

• Upvote 1

I'm amazed no one mentioned the call when they bounced it off the backboard but let play continue. I can't imagine a worse call happening these playoffs.

Regardless though, what the hell is scott brooks doing letting derek fisher play so much? OKC probably would've won if they took him out.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that the refs have taken Durant out of a good chunk of each second half in the last two games. I have never seen a superstar get treated like that, especially when he ISN'T committing the fouls he's being called for.

He played 39 minutes both nights... He's not missing much time. lol

I am not sure what would be worse if the Heat win.... The media talking up the Heat like the best team ever or all the Thunder fans in denial and crying about having the series stolen from them.

Even for the Heat haters, LeBron and the "big three" will still be pretentious douche bags until they win their 8th championship. So even if they take it this year, it's one down, seven to go.

I'm amazed no one mentioned the call when they bounced it off the backboard but let play continue. I can't imagine a worse call happening these playoffs.

Regardless though, what the hell is scott brooks doing letting derek fisher play so much? OKC probably would've won if they took him out.

Oh yes. That was a terrible call, and directly lead to two Miami points.

I don't really get how that one was missed, if it hit the bottom, there is no way that it bounces off it in the direction it did.

Brooks sitting Westbrook for much of the third when Durant was already sitting with four fouls... that was dumb, IMO. They were up 10 at one point and then had their two best players on the bench and, shocker of shockers, the Heat closed the 3rd quarter on a 15-3 run.

Even for the Heat haters, LeBron and the "big three" will still be pretentious douche bags until they win their 8th championship. So even if they take it this year, it's one down, seven to go.

Very true. Although, I do think Lebron is trying to be better. When he left the Cavs, it was like he wanted to be the villain. He reveled in it... But that's not who he is, really. IF the Heat win, how they take it and respond will go a long way in determining their legacy.

Are they gonna continue to be the pretentious douche bags? Or the peoples champs? We shall find out... Maybe. ;)

IF the Heat win, how they take it and respond will go a long way in determining their legacy.

Agree 100%.

Good to see Battier setting it up in the finals. His shooting %s are great and what we have needed. We still need a PG though. If Miller retire hopefully we can nab one with the mid level exception.

Good to see Battier setting it up in the finals. His shooting %s are great and what we have needed. We still need a PG though. If Miller retire hopefully we can nab one with the mid level exception.

I hope he can keep it up though. In this playoffs hes been very hot then cold.

Bosh is someone that needs to step up his name, has terrible shooting wise in game 3. 3-12 is :nonono:

The officiating hasn't been that bad. There was some bad calls, but it happens in every single basketball game ever.

Also, does anyone notice how it is only the teams that BWare wants to lose that are supposedly getting help from the refs? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Very true. Although, I do think Lebron is trying to be better. When he left the Cavs, it was like he wanted to be the villain. He reveled in it... But that's not who he is, really. IF the Heat win, how they take it and respond will go a long way in determining their legacy.

Are they gonna continue to be the pretentious douche bags? Or the peoples champs? We shall find out... Maybe. ;)

I'm no basketball expert, but didn't they break the rules all planning to join the Heat years prior?

That already tarnishes any future legacy in my opinion. It'll be overlooked by the majority though so it's not like it matters. >_>

Last night's game wasn't so bad. It was definitely close from beginning to end. That 3rd quarter comeback when the Heat were down 10 was amazing! Thunder really jacked up when they fouled two consecutive three point shots... That gave us an incredible amount of momentum to get back into the game. I have a good feeling about the Finals. As a Heat fan, I've been here before last year when we went 2-1 to Dallas, but last year we were on the road at 2-1, this year we are at home and if we can get 1 of the next 2 or both games... I'll be a very happy camper (Obviously if we get the next two I'd be extremely happy lol, but that goes without saying.) :popcorn:

I hope Thunder takes one in Miami and extends this series..I wanna see Game 7 in OKC..

I hope Thunder takes one in Miami and extends this series..I wanna see Game 7 in OKC..

Agreed. As much as I want Miami to win it, LBJ Vs. Durant in the 4th has been too entertaining.

The Thunder came back when they were in a 2 game hole against a better team than Miami, this series is far from over...and I can't wait to see Durant play a game without getting into foul trouble.

Last night's game wasn't so bad. It was definitely close from beginning to end. That 3rd quarter comeback when the Heat were down 10 was amazing! Thunder really jacked up when they fouled two consecutive three point shots... That gave us an incredible amount of momentum to get back into the game. I have a good feeling about the Finals. As a Heat fan, I've been here before last year when we went 2-1 to Dallas, but last year we were on the road at 2-1, this year we are at home and if we can get 1 of the next 2 or both games... I'll be a very happy camper (Obviously if we get the next two I'd be extremely happy lol, but that goes without saying.) :popcorn:

I agree with that.

More importantly, when the Heat hit all six free throws as a result of those two fouls.

And they were blatant fouls too, I loved (I think it was Perkins), throwing his hands up after he plows into the shooter like, "What? That wasn't a foul!"

Bosh might be the most underrated player I've ever seen. Imo, he's the second most important player on the Heat. I'm willing to bet that if you take out Wade, and put two decent role players in there the Heat would be better than they are now. When Mario Chalmers gets better they really only need a decent SG and a bench player who can play some solid defense like Battier, doesn't even have to score just play D while Bron and Bosh take a breather.

I still stand by Mia in 6