Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

Who has the best Rivalry in Football ?

I am sure it has been mentioned on here before and all, but a discussion at the bar between football fans from almost every team was brewing. The Rivalry came up about Eagles/ Redskins came about and said they had the best Rivalry in football. The Steelers who seem to be represented in about every bar you ever walk into had fans saying that in the last ten years if one or both teams have been crap how is it a good game and the argument ensued. I said it was Ravens/steelers and it was not close. Another said Patriots/Colts.

I guess it what you want if you want a shootout then you are probably of the Patriots/Colts variety.

I am of the hard nosed football school of though and the Ravens/Steelers game gives you every thing you would want in that game, and until Hines Ward hung them up people TRULY hated people from the other squad. And both teams are making attempts to get younger so new Rivalries can be bred.

I have to admit I admire the Steelers for their leadership ( I think the Rooneys are far and away the Royal family in football and should be). I like the way they play he game and I like a lot of their players when they are not playing us. Now when we play I can muster a few compliments depending on the volume of steeler fans in the room and how big of idiots they are. That whole week I cant stand them but I would rather not play anybody else because they are the best games of the year in my opinion.

So who do you think it is ?

Right now I'm gonna have to go with Ravens/Steelers. Their games are always hard-fought and close, usually going down to the wire, and both teams are potential Super Bowl contenders every year. Before last season you could have argued that the rivalry was becoming one-sided towards Pittsburgh, but after the Ravens swept the Steelers last season and made it to the AFCCG, I think it's even ground again.

By the way, it's a real shame Jay Cutler was traded away from Denver, because Broncos/Chargers was turning into a real good one. Or maybe it was just Cutler/Rivers.

Also, anyone else think that Patriots/Bills is starting to turn into something?

Right now I'm gonna have to go with Ravens/Steelers. Their games are always hard-fought and close, usually going down to the wire, and both teams are potential Super Bowl contenders every year. Before last season you could have argued that the rivalry was becoming one-sided towards Pittsburgh, but after the Ravens swept the Steelers last season and made it to the AFCCG, I think it's even ground again.

By the way, it's a real shame Jay Cutler was traded away from Denver, because Broncos/Chargers was turning into a real good one. Or maybe it was just Cutler/Rivers.

It was Cutler/ Rivers in my opinion. And I dont think Cutler can really talk shit to A-Rod well because that comparison is not close.

As to the Patriots/Bills, I think this year will be more telling because the Bills have put together some decent drafts and gotten young WHILE gaining ground as the pats have continued dominance but aged. This one could get interesting soon.

The Eagles/Giants rivalry gets pretty ugly at times. As does Eagles/Dallas. Pretty much every time we play Dallas on national TV it sets records .

The Eagles/Giants rivalry gets pretty ugly at times. As does Eagles/Dallas. Pretty much every time we play Dallas on national TV it sets records .

I would say every NFC East rivalry is pretty awesome.

• Upvote 1

I am going with Steelers/Ravens too. Their games always seem to come down to the wire and they have been consistently two of the best teams in the NFL for the past few years. The games are also always so low scoring because of both teams having great defense's and I am a big defense guy so that's another reason why I enjoy it so much.

Guest Phailadelphia

Skins/Boys. Even if both teams suck or one is leagues better than the other, the games are always close.

Bears and Packers.

Steelers/Ravens, and there hasn't been another contender for about 5 years. Basically since Flacco was drafted and both teams were set at QB.

Steelers/Ravens, and there hasn't been another contender for about 5 years. Basically since Flacco was drafted and both teams were set at QB.

Yeah, it's the reason why the Steelers have owned the Ravens the past 10 years aside from last year and the year Ben was hurt lol. Flacco is fucking garbage.

Don't think I'd go that far. Patriots/Colts was where it was at for awhile. And Eagles/Giants was pretty great for a 2-3 year stretch as well.

i'd have to go with Giants/Cowboys first and then Ravens and Steelers a very close second. Obviously I am a bit biased and I would take GB/Chi over either of them as far as watching goes... but the other two mentioned previously are usually slightly better games because the Bears have been kinda mediocre the last few years.

Skins/Boys. Even if both teams suck or one is leagues better than the other, the games are always close.

Exactly. Both teams seem to play at another level when they go against each other. It has been that way for 30+ years.

I would say every NFC East rivalry is pretty awesome.

I was going to say the exact same thing, but I'd say Redskins/Cowboys, as Duck Penis said, they've been at each other for decades and the two teams always play each other tight no matter how good or bad either of them are, you'll even hear Skins fans happy with an awful season as long as they beat Dallas, that's not something I think you see in other rivalries

Bears/Packers is my choice. For some reason we seem to hate each other lol

I would say Ravens/Steelers but Steelers made their youth movement and Ravens are getting old where it counts and lost Suggs so idk about this year being as good. Just can't watch without Hines coming across and laying a defender out.

NFC East as my second choice.

Chargers/Colts was starting to become a really good one a little while ago!

No.

The best rivalry currently is the Steelers/Ravens and it isn't close at all. There are no two other teams you can put on the same field and know for certain it will be a close game and decided in the 4th quarter every single time. This has been the case for the majority of the last 11 years or so and no question the last 5-6 years. No other rivalry has had two teams always be two of the NFL's toughest teams, especially with having so many playoff encounters.

:Bears::Packers: is my choice. Nothing can match it in history and intensity on and (especially) off the field.

A very close second is :Ravens::Steelers:. I do love watching those games. Defensive battles are the best.

3rd, 4th, and 5th probably all go to NFC East match-ups. They all seem to be rivals of each other.

:Raiders::49ers: is behind that. Great match-up with passionate fans.

:Patriots::Colts: is way behind. That rivalry was exciting for one year when the teams were battling for the top of the AFC. There is no history, very little bitterness on the field, and not much between the fans.

Edited by WindyCitySports
  • Downvote 1

No history? The Colts and Patriots had been in the same division for 30 years, then the Brady v. Manning rivalry got heated up.

• Upvote 1

Bears/Packers is my choice. For some reason we seem to hate each other lol

I would say Ravens/Steelers but Steelers made their youth movement and Ravens are getting old where it counts and lost Suggs so idk about this year being as good. Just can't watch without Hines coming across and laying a defender out.

NFC East as my second choice.

Chargers/Colts was starting to become a really good one a little while ago!

And where is that exactly ? Two spots..... Granted they are legends. That said I would not be at all surprised to see us have the best secondary in the league in a few years. Jimmy Smith and Lardarius Webb..Two guys who have not hit their prime with massive potential.

The average age of the defense is 26 man.

Where are people getting the Ravens are getting old. I am not sure if you have been following the Ravens or not (not a dig just being serious on how closely you follow them) but in the last two years we have dumped Todd Heap, Derrick Mason, dominique Foxworth, Jarret Johnson, McGahee, Kelly Gregg and several others and they were all replaced with guys who are younger and better than they are with the exception of Todd Heap...nobody has really stepped up like he could. Dont believe the hype man.

All I'm saying is that their MAIN guys are getting old. Name me someone outside of the injured Suggs and the older Ray Lewis and Ed Reed who will make a huge difference. I got Ngata being a difference maker but outside of that what am I seeing that should have me believe the Ravens will be coming out and hammering the Steelers?

All I'm saying is that their MAIN guys are getting old. Name me someone outside of the injured Suggs and the older Ray Lewis and Ed Reed who will make a huge difference. I got Ngata being a difference maker but outside of that what am I seeing that should have me believe the Ravens will be coming out and hammering the Steelers?

I dont know about hammering the steeler's, that is a tall order for ANY team. But outside of Ngata how about Lardarius Webb and Jimmy Smith ?