Sign in to follow this  
The Phenom

Help this old lady out!

Wow, what fucking punks. They have multiple videos of this up too. Read their comments... these morons are just looking to get in trouble. Can't wait till they actually do.

Wow, what fucking punks. They have multiple videos of this up too. Read their comments... these morons are just looking to get in trouble. Can't wait till they actually do.

From some of the old stories you would tell pre-Rutgers, sounds like you and your friends would have done similar shit back then. :p

From some of the old stories you would tell pre-Rutgers, sounds like you and your friends would have done similar shit back then. :p

*pre-Syracuse

And yea, me and my friends did stupid shit, but egging cars is no where near as bad as this. Most kids go through the little vandalism phase. What these kids are doing is cruel and is showing absolutely no respect to an adult. I have never treated anyone, nevermind an adult, with such little respect.

This is terrible for sure but the idea of going to their facebooks and harassing these KIDS (who look to me to be middle school age) is just as repulsive.

Greece is a suburb of Rochester so this doesn't surprise me at all. As someone who has been to Rochester a few times all the kids there seem like such punks compared to any other city I've been to. Not sure what it is....

They all removed their facebook pages, except for the first one linked.

These kids will get what is coming to them one way or another.

I wonder if that # is true. If so, that vacation is going to be insane.

Something I was thinking about the other day... If that lady turns around and says ANYTHING to these kids, she is going to lose her job as soon as the video hits the internet.

If anyone has any follow up stories on this that they read, please post.

This is terrible for sure but the idea of going to their facebooks and harassing these KIDS (who look to me to be middle school age) is just as repulsive.

Greece is a suburb of Rochester so this doesn't surprise me at all. As someone who has been to Rochester a few times all the kids there seem like such punks compared to any other city I've been to. Not sure what it is....

I COMPLETELY disagree that it is "just as" repulsive.. Far from it, in my opinion... But I understand what you are saying in the sense that it's hypocritical to demean the kids for making fun of someone, and then other people are doing the same thing in return to them...

They all removed their facebook pages, except for the first one linked.

These kids will get what is coming to them one way or another.

I'm sure they already have if they are removing their facebook profiles. What little dickheads.

The next big question is why is no one on the bus doing anything. Is there anyone else on the bus?

I hope their parents and grandparents see this and pretty much disown them.

Lol @ Harassing them on facebook being repulsive. Who gives a shit about these little fuckers?

Edited by monstersofthemidway

I COMPLETELY disagree that it is "just as" repulsive.. Far from it, in my opinion... But I understand what you are saying in the sense that it's hypocritical to demean the kids for making fun of someone, and then other people are doing the same thing in return to them...

My thought is grown adults (like say myself or you) harassing these kids is pretty repulsive in my opinion. Maybe "just as" was the wrong choice of words as what they did was very sick and cruel, but repulsive nonetheless.

why are people giving her money?

Up to $435k now. People are fucking stupid.

Fucking idiots could be donating money to cancer research or starving children in Darfur. I know this woman got ripped to shreds by these kids, and probably did on a daily basis, but she doesn't deserve all of this money. Enough money to go on a vacation would have been fine, but this shit is ridiculous. Also, it's not like she's the only one going through this. There's a lot school bus monitors that get tormented by kids all the time. Should we shell out hundreds of thousands for every student and school bus monitor that gets bullied?

Agreed. There are actual kids who get bully every fucking day and a lot of them kill themselves because of it... Now this ricky is repulsive.

Up to $435k now. People are fucking stupid.

Fucking idiots could be donating money to cancer research or starving children in Darfur. I know this woman got ripped to shreds by these kids, and probably did on a daily basis, but she doesn't deserve all of this money. Enough money to go on a vacation would have been fine, but this shit is ridiculous. Also, it's not like she's the only one going through this. There's a lot school bus monitors that get tormented by kids all the time. Should we shell out hundreds of thousands for every student and school bus monitor that gets bullied?

That's what indigogo is for. You put up a cause, and people donate. Do I think she deserved 400,000 dollars? Not really, but I don't really think it's my right or anyone else's to criticize how normal every day people spend their money... Not only spend their money, but to a cause they think is special and important.

You also have to realize that the goal that was set was $5,000. It just so happened that the story/video went viral and a lot more people saw the donation page. It's a movement... A lot like it was when everyone banded together to defeat SOPA. These things just happen.

And I have to say that I am a lot happier to see 20,000 people put 20 dollars to what now equates to a retirement slush fund than say buying alcohol or drugs or what have you.

James Rolfe (Angry Video Game Nerd) raised over $300,000 to film a movie... Random tidbit. lol

My thoughts:

-These kids are shitheads and should be slapped across the face.

-I wouldn't give the lady any money, I feel bad for her. But worse things happen in the world.

-These kids pretty much asked to be harassed on facebook by filming and putting this up on the internet, I don't feel the least bit sorry for them.

• Upvote 1

I saw someone donated 1k themselves. I wish I had that type of money to piss away. I feel bad for her. But people are bullied everyday, they don't get vacation or get almost near half a million. This donation thing doesn't even end till the end of next month.

Agreed. There are actual kids who get bully every fucking day and a lot of them kill themselves because of it... Now this ricky is repulsive.

Wait what is repulsive? The kids getting bullied and killing themselves? I completely agree...

People can do what they wish with their money, not my place to say "OH MAN THIS OLD LADY DOESN'T DESERVE THIS MONEY." If people want to give her money then so be it. If people wanted to donate money to me I'm not about to complain.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

If people want to give this lady money, more power to them, but it doesn't mean they aren't being stupid.

This guy, Max S is the the project fundraiser and is acting on behalf of the project entity, the old woman. It's a bit unclear who has legal say with what happens to the money, but it appears that the money will be transferred into the project entity's account at the fundraising deadline. Max S and others have also started a petition to President Obama to get the money to Karen tax free.

I have a hard time believing this woman will accept the entirety of this ever growing sum of money, but there doesn't seem to be any law stopping her. Just doesnt seem to reflect the spirit of this fundraising project.

I know personally, if I was in this position, I would accept the original goal amount set, go on a nice vacation and then donate the rest to another cause. But that's what I would do, no one is to say what someone else has to do with money they have been given.

Project Fundraising

Indiegogo may provide you the opportunity to fundraise for your Project by soliciting financial contributions to support the Project from Members ("Contributions"). The rules governing fundraising for your Project (the "Fundraising Rules") are as follows:

1. The first step in launching a fundraising campaign using the Service is to create a project profile page and post a "Funding Request." To post a Funding Request, set your goal for the total Contributions you wish to raise during your current campaign ("Campaign Goal") and the date by which you'd like to raise the funds ("Campaign Deadline") on your Project Profile page. The Campaign Deadline can be between 1 and 120 days out. (Note, if you reach your campaign goal, you can post a new project to launch a campaign to fund the next phase of your project. The number of projects you can create is unlimited.)

2. You will be required to designate the legal entity to which funds will be directed (the "Project Entity"). By providing the name of your Project Entity to Indiegogo, you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of the Project Entity with the authority to bind the Project Entity to the terms of this Agreement, that the Project Entity is the legal entity responsible for the Project and accountable for the use of any funds raised for it on Indiegogo, and that you accept this Agreement on the Project Entity's behalf.

3. To receive Contributions, your Project Entity must establish an account (a "Funding Account") with the payment processor designated by Indiegogo at the time you post your Project (the "Processor"). You understand and agree that your Funding Account will be governed by your agreement with the Processor, and that Indiegogo shall have no liability for your Funding Account or your transactions or interactions with the Processor.

4. All Contributions made to a Project will be directed to the Project Entity's Funding Account, less a 9% marketplace processing fee retained by Indiegogo. All Contributions paid to a Project Entity will constitute "Project Funding," and the Indiegogo fee and all other Project Funding requirements will apply. Indiegogo is not responsible for any error or omission in the Funding Account information you provide. Unless automated by the Processor, Project Funding less 3rd party processing fees will be disbursed from the Funding Account to the Project Entity's bank account according to the Project's disbursement details (set in the Funding section of the Project Profile). All necessary fund transfers will be initiated within 5 business days of the campaign end date. It can then take up to 5 business days for the disbursed funds to arrive in your account.

5. When you reach your Campaign Deadline, your Funding Request will automatically close and no more Contributions will be accepted for your Project. You may make a new Funding Request any time after the end of your last Funding Request closes. If you reach your Campaign Goal by your Campaign Deadline, Indiegogo will pay you a 5% rebate on all funds raised during the campaign. Payments will be included in a funds transfer that will be initiated within 5 business days of the campaign end date. It can then take up to 5 business days for the disbursed funds to arrive in your account.

6. If your Project receives Project Funding by using Indiegogo's platform and tools (including without limitation Project Funding paid into your Finding Account), you agree to acknowledge Indiegogo by including the Indiegogo logo in the "Special Thanks" section of the credits/acknowledgement section of your completed project as follows: using either the black or white Indiegogo logo available in the Press section of Indiegogo.com, the logo should appear on its own line (i.e., no other text or images on the left or right), sized so that the "Indiegogo" lettering in the logo is at least three times the size of the credits' normal text.

7. You may offer non-monetary rewards for Contributions ("Perks"), provided that the offering of such Perks is lawful under all applicable laws, including without limitation state and federal securities laws, and otherwise complies with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

Any Project Funding payments may be subject to verification of the identity of you and the Project Entity, the use of funds, and the timeline of the project. The verification procedure may involve an interview and/or document review if deemed necessary and may vary from time to time in our sole discretion. You and the Project Entity agree that Project Funding may only be used on behalf of the Project, and that Project Funding will not be used for any other purpose. You agree that if at any time during while a Funding Request is open or within thirty (30) days of the close of a Funding Request, Indiegogo makes a good faith determination that the identity of you or the Project Entity or the timeline of the Project are not as identified in the Project Posting, or that the Project Funding has not been used solely on behalf of the Project, you will promptly refund the entire amount of Project Funding from such Funding Request to the Contributors. We may change the Fundraising Rules at any time upon notice to you. If you do not accept a change we make to the Fundraising Rules, your sole remedy shall be to terminate your Project Posting.

You shall have full responsibility for applicable taxes for all Project Funding paid to you under this Agreement, and for compliance with all applicable labor and employment requirements with respect to your self-employment, sole proprietorship or other form of business organization, and with respect to your employees and contractors, including state worker's compensation insurance coverage requirements and any U.S. immigration visa requirements. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Indiegogo harmless from any liability for, or assessment of, any claims or penalties with respect to such withholding taxes, labor or employment requirements, including any liability for, or assessment of, withholding taxes imposed on Indiegogo by the relevant taxing authorities with respect to any Project Funding paid to you.

Indiegogo makes no guarantee regarding the number or amount of Contributions, or the amount of any Project Funding payment to be made to you or the Project Entity under this Agreement.

Edited by Socal

The lady can retire with the money left, I don't see her donating it. Let her move to a nice warm state and live the rest of her life in comfort.

This guy, Max S is the the project fundraiser and is acting on behalf of the project entity, the old woman. It's a bit unclear who has legal say with what happens to the money, but it appears that the money will be transferred into the project entity's account at the fundraising deadline. Max S and others have also started a petition to President Obama to get the money to Karen tax free.

There is no need for any petition. Gift taxation is only applied when you breach a $13,000 per year, per person limit, and the tax is paid by the person donating, not the person that receives the money. She'll get all of the money.

Found this slightly funny. From Karen's Facebook:

About Karen

Still working for Greece, unless I come into lots of money I will continue to work....I enjoy it also.

I have been a widow for almost 17yrs. Still live in Greece...

Edited by Zack_of_Steel