Milla4Prez63

Official NBA Offseason Thread

• Upvote 1

LMAO drinking Keystone Light. Class it up for Steve Nash a little, why don't ya LA?

That title goes to the Rockets if that D12 deal goes through.

Plus, Melo and Lin didn't really mesh very well. Not entirely fair, because the team itself doesn't mesh all that well unless the ball is in Melo's hands.

And wouldn't they be over the cap, keeping Lin?

Don't forget that they have the ageless wonder!!! Jason Kidd!!! Who is more likely to break a hip than he is to hit a basket on any given night.

He was arrested last night..

The Jeremy Lin deal is tough because he only played at a high level for a short period of time. If the Knicks match and he turns out to be a fluke, they are screwed. If they don't match and he is an All Star in Houston, they look stupid.

They may as well match, IMO. Him being an All Star caliber PG is the ONLY chance they have at contending for a championship. A Raymond Felton/Jason Kidd duo at PG won't win you shit.

They should match the offer..He'll be better than Kidd/Felton..The only problem they would have is 3 players on the same position,each wanting a significant playing time..

So the Magic have their HC vacancy down to 3 people. Two of them were career backups who were playing in the NBA just 2 or 3 years ago and the other is a guy who failed in his one season as a HC with Detroit.

lol, the life of a Magic fan...

Jacque Vaughn is going to be a very good NBA coach.

Magic fans would be very fortunate to have him chosen.

How you were as a player gives no indication as to how you'd be as a coach...

• Upvote 1

I never said you needed to be a good player to be a good coach. It just pisses me off that we fired one of the best coaches in the league and are looking at a couple of guys with very little coaching experience and were playing just two or three years ago. It just puzzles me that in the NFL you need years of hard work and making the right connections to get considered for a high profile coaching gig but in the NBA you can land top coaching gigs with little to no experience. Hell, Golden State hired Mark Jackson as HC who never even coached a game his entire life lol.

They already have around 3 mill each locked up in Felton and Kidd, I don't think you can really justify signing another PG like Lin.

Now reports are the Knicks will match. Supposedly Dolan singe handily wants him back.

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Knicks have announced they will not match Houston's offer for PG Jeremy Lin, meaning he will officially be joining the Rockets, according to Al Iannazzone of Newsday.

Lin will join the Rockets on a three-year, $25.1 million deal and could slide right into the starting point guard role for Houston. The Knicks are going to get a backlash from Lin's fan base and the Rockets are going to be the new home of Linsanity, but the Knicks just thought that was too much money for a guy who would be their third-string point guard. As for his fantasy value in Houston, Lin should get plenty of minutes and production once again, as long as he beats out Toney Douglas for the starting job. Jul 17 - 10:35 PM

Source: Al Iannazzone on Twitter

Good for Lin on getting a nice payday for a player who hasn't proven anything yet. Now hes off to disappear into the obscurity that is Houston Rockets basketball.

I wouldn't say he hasn't proven anything. How many players start out as good as he has? (the answer is none ever)'

Also, I think rather than Houston making him irrelevant, he's gonna make houston relevant.

I loved watching Stephen A. Smith bash Lin and shrug it off as no big deal lol. Good luck with Raymond Felton and 40 year old Jason Kidd. lawl

Antawn Jamison is the newest Lakers' player..He signed a one-year deal for a veteran minimum of 1.35 M..

Antawn Jamison is the newest Lakers' player..He signed a one-year deal for a veteran minimum of 1.35 M..

link?

link?

Saw it on Facebook..

Found this one: tracking.si.com/2012/07/18/antawn-jamison-agrees-to-deal-with-lakers/

Edited by housemd

Per Rotoworld.com:

In a statement he may ultimately wish he didn't say, Jeremy Lin told Sports Illustrated that he "preferred New York."

Lin's entire quote was, "Honestly, I preferred New York, but my main goal in free agency was to go to a team that had plans for me and wanted me. I wanted to have fun playing basketball. ... Now I'm definitely relieved." Hopefully this was just Lin being honest about his emotions and feelings and that he is now ready to commit to Houston. The article below has an interesting breakdown of Lin's roller coaster beginning with his injury from last year leading up to the Knicks decision not to re-sign him. Jul 18 - 2:56 PM

Source: SI.com

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Lakers have agreed to a deal with free agent forward Antawn Jamison.

Sources have said the deal is for one year and for the veteran's minimum. Jamison was mulling over a return to his hometown Charlotte Bobcats, but decided to give it one more go at trying to win a title. Jamison will provide some nice scoring punch to the Lakers' second unit and may provide sneaky fantasy value if any of the Lakers' big men go down with an injury at some point next season. Jul 18 - 4:08 PM

Source: Marc J. Spears on Twitter

Thank you, Blue.

Jamison off the bench? Good shit, L.A.

I would almost cry if the Lakers get Howard. The Laker domination will never stop. >_>

Maybe for two years. After that Nash will probably be out of the game and Kobe will be on his way out. Then you'll have Howard bitching about going to Brooklyn again.

Center JaVale McGee re-signs with Nuggets on a reported four-year, $44 million contract