San Francisco @ Green Bay

Who Will Win This Matchup?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win This Matchup?

• 49ers by 4 or Fewer
    • Packers by 4 or Fewer
    • 49ers by 5 or More
    • Packers by 5 or More

The Green Bay Packers have a nine-game winning streak against the San Francisco 49ers, who haven't defeated the Packers in the regular season since Nov. 4, 1990.

Overall it's one of the best Week 1 matchups in recent memory. The teams combined for 28 victories last season. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, there has only been one opening game in NFL history where the teams have combined for more.

Don't forget that this shall mark the return of Hall of Fame wide out Randy Moss! Not sure how he is going to do, but one thing is for certain... Vernon Davis is gonna go crazy. That's all but guaranteed, imo. lol

Who do you have in the end? The modern aerial assault of the Packers or the hard nosed punishing defense of the 49ers?

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Probably the game of the week here.

I think the Packers win, but it will definitely be a close one (picked Packers by fewer than 4).

With it being in Lambeau, the Packers have a slight advantage. While the 49ers' defense is great, they do have some holes on pass defense that can be exploited by elite QBs. Rodgers should be able to do just enough for GB to squeak by with a win. I'm guessing:

:Packers: 24

:49ers: 21

Packers will win. If our D isn't performing that day, we're screwed.

:49ers: 20

:Packers: 28

Packers will win. If our D isn't performing that day, we're screwed.

:49ers: 20

:Packers: 28

Why not, we are talking about a team in the 49ers who... let face it... should have been representing the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Why not, we are talking about a team in the 49ers who... let face it... should have been representing the NFC in the Super Bowl.

I'm not feeling very confident lol.

Packers. Idt it'll be close tbh...

What. How close is "not close"? lol. And why?

I'm not feeling very confident lol.

We'll see. I expect us to score some TDs. I expect a hard fought game by your D. What it's going to come down to, IMO... Is our D verse your O.

Which Alex Smith do we get? Will Randy Moss be a factor? YOu have a great stable of backs, how effective can they be?

Can the Packers contain Vernon Davis (historically, we've struggled covering Davis-esquee TEs in the McCarthy era)? Can the Packers get any pass rush? Heck, can they even contain the pass?

It's the 49ers Oline, the Packers will get pass rush.

If this is the defense of 2011.... You'd be surprised at our ineptness.

What. How close is "not close"? lol. And why?

Packers defense was bad last year but the amount of points they gave up most games was about league average. They can score a lot of points though regardless of teams they are playing. I don't see the 9ers being able to hang.

• Upvote 1

:Packers: 31

(The Niners 21 points are from seven field goals, btw.)

Edited by Thanatos19

:Packers: 31

(The Niners 21 points are from seven field goals, btw.)

lol

Packers 69 49ers 0.

How's that for kinky

I think this will be a close and entertaining game. With the quality of the Packers offense and the quality of the 49ers defense, it's bound to be a great game.

Pretty excited for this game. Classic NFC showdown and a bit of a renewed rivalry with both teams back at the top of the conference. I think the 49ers will give a great effort, but Green Bay's got it in a close one. Showdown of the game is GB offense against SF defense, needless to say.

:Packers: 24

Especially the right side. (The Packers defensive left).

49ers declared RB Brandon Jacobs and WR/KR Ted Ginn inactive for Week 1 against the Packers.

Neither Jacobs nor Ginn was expected to suit up this afternoon, but both players have a decent chance at returning in Week 2. Frank Gore should handle goal-line work, with Kendall Hunter mixing in on early downs and passing situations.

Also inactive for the 49ers are QB Scott Tolzien, RB LaMichael James, OG Joe Looney, TE Garrett Celek and NT Ian Williams. James' deactivation at the expense of fellow rookie A.J. Jenkins comes as a mild surprise.

Packers declared RB James Starks, WR Jarrett Boykin, S Sean Richardson, CB Davon House, CB Brandian Ross, LB Jamari Lattimore and DT Mike Daniels inactive for Week 1 against the 49ers.

No surprises for the Packers, who enter Week 1 in relatively good health. Starks remains week-to-week, but will be no better than third on the depth chart whenever he's finally ready to return. Cedric Benson should get a heavy workload this afternoon, but could be in for a long day against the 49ers' dominant front seven.

Great defense slowing down our offense, and our D just looks really raw right now. They are in the wrong spots, not covering the right guys, etc. It's really a shame, I expected better out of the defense this year. Maybe I set the expectations too high. lol