Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Tyrann Mathieu, Jordan Jefferson among four arrested for marijuana

Updated: Oct 25, 2012 6:39 PM EDT

Written by: FOX8Live.com Staff

Jordan Jefferson, Tyrann Mathieu, Karnell Hatcher and Derrick Bryant have been arrested and charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana.

The former LSU football players were processed into the East Baton Rouge Parish prison Thursday evening.

Jefferson is a former LSU quarterback who started the BCS National Championship game in January 2012.

Mathieu, a defensive back known as the "honey badger," was kicked off the team earlier this year after what sources said were multiple failed drug tests. He is currently enrolled at LSU and was hoping to return to the team next season.

Both Hatcher and Bryant were defensive backs for LSU.

Baton Rouge police sent this press release to news media Thursday evening:

At approximately 3:30pm officers were dispatched to an apartment at --- West State in reference to a complaint about a man attempting to force his way in to the complex through a security gate. The man was confronted by a maintenance worker and words were exchanged. Before officers arrived the man had been let into the complex by a resident and was seen going into apartment ---. When officers went to the apartment and knocked on the door it was answered by the resident, TYRANN MATHIEU, 20.

Officers immediately smelled a strong odor of marijuana and obtained consent from Mathieu to search the apartment. Inside they found three other men, including the one who had allegedly tried to force his way through the gate. He was identified as JORDAN JEFFERSON, 22.... The other two men were identified as DERRICK BRYANT, 22... and KARNELL HATCHER, 22, DELRAY BEACH, FLORIDA.

A search of the apartment found a marijuana grinder, digital scale and 10 bags of high grade marijuana. 7 of the bags were found inside Bryant's booksack. All four men were taken into custody and arrested.

MATHIEU and JEFFERSON were charged with Simple Possession of Marijuana, HATCHER was charged with 2nd Offense Simple Possession of Marijuana and BRYANT is charged with Possession With Intent to Distribute Marijuana. All four men will be booked into to the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.

We have redacted the addresses released in the police statement for privacy purposes.

Source: FOX8Live.com

Edited by BLUE

"I do not consent to searches."

Memorize that shit kiddies.

Lmao... Why would you consent to a search? Idiot.

If you say no it gets worse. And they could have still came in.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Tyrann Mathieu, the highly talented LSU defensive back who was a Heisman Trophy finalist last year but kicked off the team this year after multiple failed drug tests, has been arrested for marijuana possession in Baton Rouge. Mathieu’s arrest makes it a near certainty that LSU will not let him back on the team next year, meaning he’s likely heading for the 2013 NFL draft.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/25/arrest-makes-tyrann-mathieu-likely-to-enter-the-nfl-draft/

Maybe they could have come in, but all evidence should be thrown out, it's illegal to acquire evidence in that way, so even if the guy was smoking a bowl right in front of them, the worst they could do is waste everyone's time, and then get a nice long paid vacation, because nothing bad happens to officers who break the law.

Now we know why Honey Badger don't give a shit all the time.

*Thinks*

Reeks of marijuana...scale and little baggies everywhere...

...seems legit...

"...sure, officer, come on in and search away."

:troll:

I'd draft Mathieu. Just look at Janoris Jenkins. No sooner than the 4th round though.

I wouldn't compare the two at all... Jenkins was a great NFL prospect... Mathieu... Not so much. I agree though, I wouldn't touch him before the 5th rd.

And on another note, I don't understand how so many of these people get caught smoking weed, or fail drug tests. I know all sorts of people, in some armed forces, on DI-DIII teams in all sorts of sports who smoke weed, and sell it like there's no tomorrow and never get caught...

I wouldn't waste a draft pick on him at all. At most I'd take him as an UDFA.

It really is a shame. Another guy, for whatever reason, just wasting talent and watching his chances of making millions slip away.

If you want to be a successful football player, I have no idea why you'd hang out with Jordan Jefferson...

Ay... :facepalm:

Oh shit, this is where I'm supposed to act surprised? ARE YOU FOR REAL, HONEYBADGER WAS ARRESTED?!! NO WAYZ!!!

I wouldn't compare the two at all... Jenkins was a great NFL prospect... Mathieu... Not so much. I agree though, I wouldn't touch him before the 5th rd.

You don't think Mathieu is a great NFL prospect?

I mean, intelligence wise he's obviously lacking, but he's a beast on the field. Bonafide playmaker.

I mean, intelligence wise he's obviously lacking, but he's a beast on the field. Bonafide playmaker.

Yes but how good can a 5'8" corner really be. I can think of only one exception and that is Brendon Flowers. I remember when Javier Arenas was coming out he looked great in college but the transition to the NFL is not great. And one could argue Arenas was the better prospect.

His instincts and feel for the game is definitely special, and he can do a lot, all great reasons to want a player. But idk, he isn't very good in coverage, sometimes awful, when he isn't on the inside, and he doesn't look all that fast for being that small. He's more of a project imo.

Let's not forget.. The guy is taking a year off from football. Another difference between he and Jenkins. I see some potential there. But late round flier AT BEST. He is dumb as a rock and has a history of terrible decision making with an alarming inability to change.

Brent Grimes, Atlanta Falcons. He has been extremely good the past two years aside from his injuries. If you have the ability to track the ball in the air, you can be very effective even despite your height. Obviously you aren't going to go up and win a battle in the air with a guy of Calvin Johnson stature, but you can still be good.

An anonymous NFL assistant coach tells USA Today LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu admitted to failing at least 10 drug tests in college.

Specifically, Mathieu reportedly said he "quit counting" at 10. It's a staggering number, but Mathieu swears he's moved on, and been drug-free since October. He just needs one team to believe him. Mathieu isn't expected to come off the board before the third round.

Source: USA Today