housemd

NBA 2012 Regular Season Thread

Eric Gordon has been injury prone since coming into the league. I can't believe the Hornets gave him max deal with no intentions on trading him.

The Magic can win 60 games.

If they played d-mac's Pistons every game. :troll:

• Upvote 1

Suns DOMINATED the Blazers tonight... Marcin Gortat just ravaged them down low, and Markieff Morris got the starting nod over Scola and delivered.

Combined Gortat and Morris were shooting 75% from the floor. Ridiculous. Jermaine ONeal also finally delivered. So much easier to win games when guys play like this...

Per Rotoworld.com:

Updating a previous item, Brandon Roy admitted that he's dealing with level III degenerative arthritis in both knees.

Roy's knees have reached Level III arthritis, and there are only four levels. The fourth would require Roy to get a knee replacement. Multiple doctors have told Roy to stop playing basketball, and his current condition erodes the cartilage in his knee before the cartilage disappears entirely. Roy said he wouldn't be disappointed if this is the end of the line, but it would be a sad ending to his basketball career. Nov 22 - 9:24 AM

Source: The Oregonian

I don't normally feel bad for athletes, but this sucks for Roy ...

Per Rotoworld.com:

I don't normally feel bad for athletes, but this sucks for Roy ...

Poor guy was really struggling, anyway.

I thought it kind of fitting for him to end where he should have started his career, anyway.

Thunder in TD Garden tonight. I couldn't have asked for more on Friday night.

-Thunder's defense was anemic until the 4th quarter. I love the way this team turns it on to close out games

-I like Drummond

-It's sad how empty the crowd in Detroit is and it's hilarious that they play music a lot of the time to compensate for the lack of crowd noise

-Westbrook pisses me off with his shot selection a lot of the time, but these are the performances I look back on to settle myself back down

-The Piston's in-arena announcer is an annoying-ass motherfucker.

Yeah he's always been fucking terrible. He's like Stephen A. Smith on amphetamines.

I feel bad for Brandon Roy, he seems like a good dude who has been hit with too many knee injuries. Quit while you can fella.

I really hope that Chandler Parsons can turn into a 20 point scorer most nights, but that's unlikely. I'll settle for 17-19, if at all possible for him.

Omer Asik went 18 and 14 tonight. Talk about being better than expected. Did anybody see the numbers he's been putting up coming?

This is going to get gullible Houston fans too excited, too soon, but I hope this can at least be a springboard to some more wins.

We played a pretty poor team in NO and still had to come back in the 2nd half and force OT which we won, thankfully.

Austin Rivers man... He looks AWFUL. What is wrong with him?!

Markieff Morris is playing such efficient ball right now.. He can't keep it up, surly.. But I will enjoy it while it lasts.

I also must say that our bench looks really solid. Also a unit I wuold say can't keep it up, but they are really helping us out.

Edited by Favre4Ever

We played a pretty poor team in NO and still had to come back in the 2nd half and force OT which we won, thankfully.

Austin Rivers man... He looks AWFUL. What is wrong with him?!

Markieff Morris is playing such efficient ball right now.. He can't keep it up, surly.. But I will enjoy it while it lasts.

I also must say that our bench looks really solid. Also a unit I wuold say can't keep it up, but they are really helping us out.

Marcus is balling right now, too. He hasn't found his shot yet, but he's so good on defense and on the boards (dude can effectively guard threes AND fours because of his size/speed combination. This is awesome).

Markieff got a better start but I think the debate for which one is better will be up for grabs by the end of this season.

Cavs are such dogshit. I don't know at what point you make a coaching change. You can't really blame Byron Scott for how bad this team is, but at the same time you can't accept these type of performances. Waiters is just chucking shit up. Anderson is a great player and will hopefully stick around. Irving can't stay healthy.

Ya.. Markieff has been kind of inconsistent. He is on fire right now, but sometimes his shot just won't drop. He gets too... complacent. Stands deep on the court, catches the ball and shoots. Usually fairly poorly. We need him in attack mode. Driving to the rim, taking advantage of matchups.. That is where he is best.

Good win over OKC last night. Team has been up and down but its the regular season and I'm liking what I see.

I really hope that Chandler Parsons can turn into a 20 point scorer most nights, but that's unlikely. I'll settle for 17-19, if at all possible for him.

Omer Asik went 18 and 14 tonight. Talk about being better than expected. Did anybody see the numbers he's been putting up coming?

This is going to get gullible Houston fans too excited, too soon, but I hope this can at least be a springboard to some more wins.

Finally got to watch a game not on a stream. Are the Rockets ever going to be on ESPN or TNT?

Ah I forgot those stations are reserved for OKC, BOS, SAS, LAC, LAL, MIA and the like.

Finally got to watch a game not on a stream. Are the Rockets ever going to be on ESPN or TNT?

Ah I forgot those stations are reserved for OKC, BOS, SAS, LAC, LAL, MIA and the like.

They have to. If Asik keeps putting up impressive numbers, Harden keeps scoring a ton of points, the matchups with OKC and other with NYK are probably gonna be televised.

They have to. If Asik keeps putting up impressive numbers, Harden keeps scoring a ton of points, the matchups with OKC and other with NYK are probably gonna be televised.

Man, could Omer Asik be up for MIP this year?

Nets-Knicks on Monday... AKA the only kind of NBA game that I give a fuck about. My night will be made if the Knicks get their shit absolutely kicked in. Hopefully Deron lights their asses up like he did at the Garden last season. :yep:

Man, could Omer Asik be up for MIP this year?

IDK... Me and some friends were actually talking about this a couple days ago, and while anything is possible, he's got some stiff competition coming from guys who can make more splashy #s.

There are a lot of guards early off this season who have looked like they are poised to make a run for that award, at least a lot that we talked about.

And then there's the mystery case of James Harden. Their hasn't been much of an improvement in his #s outside of PPG, but since he hasn't won the award yet, some could make the case for him somehow getting it.

IDK... Me and some friends were actually talking about this a couple days ago, and while anything is possible, he's got some stiff competition coming from guys who can make more splashy #s.

There are a lot of guards early off this season who have looked like they are poised to make a run for that award, at least a lot that we talked about.

And then there's the mystery case of James Harden. Their hasn't been much of an improvement in his #s outside of PPG, but since he hasn't won the award yet, some could make the case for him somehow getting it.

Yeah, I don't think it should go to Harden at all. If Houston has any players in the running, it ought to be Asik or Parsons, not Harden.

Granted, Houston fans knew Parsons was this good. Whether the rest of the league did or not is the question.

Brian Roberts with another good night for the Hornets. 17 pts and 5 assists to 0 TOs. Anthony Davis has been as advertised. Austin Rivers has been bad. Roberts the 26 year old rookie from University of Dayton, then 4 years in Europe has really been a surprise to those who have never seen him play. Being a big UD fan, I got to watch BRob just about every game when he was in college and I figured he could do this.

Yeah, I don't think it should go to Harden at all. If Houston has any players in the running, it ought to be Asik or Parsons, not Harden.

Granted, Houston fans knew Parsons was this good. Whether the rest of the league did or not is the question.

Yea, with Asik it just comes down to can he garner more attention then the likes of Lowry, Jrue, Kemba, etc. Who are also showing some big improvements.

Anyway, the Trailblazers are the only western team I cheer for, but we are actually beating them. DON'T CHOKE THIS GAME AWAY!!!>_>

BK& is showing Lillard how it's done.