Sign in to follow this  
housemd

Cowboys want Tony Romo for his entire career

Per Rotoworld.com

Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones remains focused on signing Tony Romo to a contract extension that will allow him to retire with the organization.

Romo has come under fire for his 15 turnovers, but the Cowboys realize the quarterback shouldn't shoulder 100 percent of the blame. It's not clear if the sides are still discussing a contract, but the team's brass still hopes to get an extension done before his current deal expires after the 2013 season. "We still feel that way," Jones said. "We've got a lot of confidence in Tony. Tony has a lot of confidence in himself. He is going to be fine. He is not the problem."

Title should be changed to... Cowboys want exponential turnovers for the next 5-7 years.

Guess they are content with mediocrity for the rest of the decade. Or half of it at least.

Title should be changed to... Cowboys want exponential turnovers for the next 5-7 years.

And as Matt Ryan loads up another regular season stat sheet only to falter in the playoffs, us Cowboy fans will continue to support Romo knowing that your QB is no better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guess they are content with mediocrity for the rest of the decade. Or half of it at least.

Yeah, because Romo is our problem. LOL

I think it is painfully obvious Romo can't put a team on his back and get anywhere relevant. If the Cowboys know this and are going to work feverishly to improve their run game, Romo will be fine at QB. If they are going to hold to the status quo and let Romo fling it around all the time... Mediocrity is just about what they are settling for.

Need a run game. Need better play calling. Simplify that offense.

Said it a long time ago and continue to say it. Cowboys will never sniff a Lombardi with Romo at QB.

It's not just his fault but he's one of the major components.

Said it a long time ago and continue to say it. Cowboys will never sniff a Lombardi with Romo at QB.

It's not just his fault but he's one of the major components.

Very dumb. Bill Polian said he's talked to numerous GM's around the league and they all would be beating down Romo's door to sign with their team if they were in need of a QB and if he were to hit FA he would be getting 5-6 year deals left and right.

It's the Coaching more than anything.

Romo is having a bad year, but any other year he is a Top 5 QB in the NFL. People hate him because of who he plays for. If he is putting up the stats he has throughout his career, people would be sucking him off.

• Upvote 1

Jason Garrett's playcalling is this damn bad. He took the league by storm his first year and then defenses figured him out. He's had spurts that resemble his first year, but if he was anything for a playcaller, Dallas wouldn't have lost 34-3 to the Vikings a few years back, and they wouldn't have lost a couple of the games they did this year and last.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Very dumb. Bill Polian said he's talked to numerous GM's around the league and they all would be beating down Romo's door to sign with their team if they were in need of a QB and if he were to hit FA he would be getting 5-6 year deals left and right.

It's the Coaching more than anything.

Bill Polian also thinks Tim Tebow would be a HoF RB with the Jags. Those teams that would be beating on his door would be teams like the Raiders, Dolphins, Chiefs you get the point. It wouldn't surprise me if he got 5-6 year deals that doesn't mean he's a great QB.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy. He's an okay-good QB. But he's not going to take the Cowboys to the SB.

Guest Phailadelphia

Romo was the 4th best QB in the league last year but the Cowboys will never sniff a Lombardi with him at QB? GTFO.

I'm guessing you're basing this 4th best thing on passer rating?

Everyone else on that list had more than 10 wins that season, above and below him. Aside from the Eli and the Giants at 9-7. All of them also went to the playoffs except for Romo.

He's already 32 years old he's running out of time...

Bill Polian also thinks Tim Tebow would be a HoF RB with the Jags. Those teams that would be beating on his door would be teams like the Raiders, Dolphins, Chiefs you get the point. It wouldn't surprise me if he got 5-6 year deals that doesn't mean he's a great QB.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy. He's an okay-good QB. But he's not going to take the Cowboys to the SB.

It's take luck and being hot at the right time to get to the Super Bowl. It's not only the QB who is the sole reason. But you're a Browns fans, so I don't think you know what it takes.

It's take luck and being hot at the right time to get to the Super Bowl. It's not only the QB who is the sole reason. But you're a Browns fans, so I don't think you know what it takes.

I said in my original post he wasn't the sole reason but no one can say that he's not a major factor. How much luck it takes can't be proved or disproved.

One thing in common I see with current SB teams though is a great QB. Something I think the Cowboys lack.

How do you suggest we get a great QB then? Trade for Brady? Trade for Rodgers?

Hm?

Any other year? Top 5?

lawl.

You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

• Downvote 2

You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

When was the last time he was a Top 5 QB?

That is not me hating on him, btw... But with Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Big Ben there really hasn't been room in that list for numerous years now.

Again, not so much anti-Romo as it is just a statement on the how great the top tier QBs are.

• Upvote 2

When was the last time he was a Top 5 QB?

That is not me hating on him, btw... But with Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Big Ben there really hasn't been room in that list for numerous years now.

Again, not so much anti-Romo as it is just a statement on the how great the top tier QBs are.

:yeahthat:

I don't mind Romo and think he gets hated on way too much, but I have never considered him a top 5 QB. I think he is very good, but not a top 5 QB. The top 5 QB's in today's game are really fucking good...

• Upvote 1

I can see people saying top 10, but you're an even bigger idiot if you think top 5, lmfao.

Romo has never sniffed top 5 at ANY point in his career. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Eli, Roth, Peyton, Rivers.

Edited by ATL
  • Upvote 1

I'm having trouble actually figuring out how everyone can put Romo to blame for every thing that happens to the Cowboys. He does throw a lot of interceptions in crucial moments, but they aren't all his fault. That offensive line is terrible. I would almost compare it to the line in Chicago (Sorry Cowboy fans). I think a lot of the problem is that Romo gets ahead of himself and tries to do too much when he really shouldn't need to.

I can also sit here and say that the amount of hype the Cowboys go through every year doesn't help them at all. A lot of that is Jerry Jones' fault. I feel like the Cowboys are extremely similar to the Eagles this year in that if they would limit their turnovers, they would be a good football team.

Romo has never sniffed top 5 at ANY point in his career. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Eli, Roth, Peyton, Rivers.

OK, stop at Peyton. Stop putting Phillip fucking Rivers in the conversation if you're going to indict Romo. Just stop.

Edited by Mathias

Guest Phailadelphia

Putting Rivers in there but not Romo is laughable. They're the same player.

• Upvote 1