BucD

Report: Jerry Jones locked out of locker room after game

Per PFT:

Posted by Mike Florio on November 5, 2012, 7:14 AM EST

Jerry Jones told Bob Costas over the weekend that Jones the owner would have fired Jones the G.M. by now. After Sunday night’s loss to the Falcons, the Cowboys may have tried to fire both guys.

According to Matt Barrie of NBC 5 in Dallas, “Jerry Jones just pounded [the] locker room door because no one would let him in. It’s the angriest I’ve seen him all year.”

Like him or not, the guy owns the team. He has every right to be in the locker room after the game. So we can understand why he’s mad.

Jones should be more upset about the team’s performance. Since looking like a Super Bowl contender on the first night of the season, the Cowboys have won two and lost five.

Ruh-Roh

lawl

:popcorn:

Nice to see the owners locked out for a change.

• Upvote 2

This is kind of funny, but he has every right to be pissed about losing last night. Atlanta played TERRIBLY. Granted, our defense had a lot to do with that, and holding that offense to 19 points is an accomplishment. Our offense needs to get going. This is getting out of hand. Maybe it's time to let Romo go no-huddle? He might throw a pick or two, but how many TDs is he going to score? I'm tired of the offensive ineptitude.

• Downvote 1

Jerry Jones is an idiot. He needs to just hire the right people and let them do their job. Jones is a perfect example of why an Owner/GM model just doesn't work correctly in any sport, much less the NFL.

This is kind of funny, but he has every right to be pissed about losing last night. Atlanta played TERRIBLY. Granted, our defense had a lot to do with that, and holding that offense to 19 points is an accomplishment. Our offense needs to get going. This is getting out of hand. Maybe it's time to let Romo go no-huddle? He might throw a pick or two, but how many TDs is he going to score? I'm tired of the offensive ineptitude.

How did Atlanta play "terribly"? Matt Ryan throws for close to 350. Roddy AND Julio both over 100. Roddy caught everything his way. Julio missed only 1 his way. I'd really like to hear this. Was it because Ryan didn't throw any touchdowns? They had no intention of trying to throw a touchdown in the red-zone, that was pretty obvious. Everyone is afraid of Dallas' secondary, and rightfully so.

Edited by Chris D
  • Upvote 1

Jerry Jones is an idiot. He needs to just hire the right people and let them do their job. Jones is a perfect example of why an Owner/GM model just doesn't work correctly in any sport, much less the NFL.

How did Atlanta play "terribly"? Matt Ryan throws for close to 350. Roddy AND Julio both over 100. Roddy caught everything his way. Julio missed only 1 his way. I'd really like to hear this. Was it because Ryan didn't throw any touchdowns? They had no intention of trying to throw a touchdown in the red-zone, that was pretty obvious. Everyone is afraid of Dallas' secondary, and rightfully so.

How did Atlanta play terribly? Two missed field goals, only 19 points, didn't touch Romo until the second half, that hurry up fourth quarter drive when your defense turned to butter.

Come on, do you really think your team played well last night? The way Dallas played, you should have hung 30 on them. Granted, I think the Falcons are paper tigers, but what does it matter? I know that team is better than the one I saw last night, because last night I saw Dallas lose a game.

Jason Garrett needs to give up playcalling duties. He's clearly not getting it done.

• Downvote 1

How did Atlanta play terribly? Two missed field goals, only 19 points, didn't touch Romo until the second half, that hurry up fourth quarter drive when your defense turned to butter.

Come on, do you really think your team played well last night? The way Dallas played, you should have hung 30 on them. Granted, I think the Falcons are paper tigers, but what does it matter? I know that team is better than the one I saw last night, because last night I saw Dallas lose a game.

Jason Garrett needs to give up playcalling duties. He's clearly not getting it done.

What the hell does that make your team then? A team that plays TERRIBLE and yet your team STILL can't beat us. Your logic and reasons are pretty poor.

It's always the same shit. 'Oh the Cowboys played awful, Jason Garret needs to be fired', 'Falcons never touched Romo until the second half'

Fuck. If we didn't touch Romo until the second half, why the fuck were you not hanging 30 points on us? Your team has a top 5 pass defense in the league and Roddy and Julio took your defensive backs to school all night.

Was it our best game? No

Was it a terrible game for us? Not in the slightest

We played fundamentally sound football...even WITH two missed FG's we still beat you.

Getting tired of your dogshit excuses.

What the hell does that make your team then? A team that plays TERRIBLE and yet your team STILL can't beat us. Your logic and reasons are pretty poor.

It's always the same shit. 'Oh the Cowboys played awful, Jason Garret needs to be fired', 'Falcons never touched Romo until the second half'

Fuck. If we didn't touch Romo until the second half, why the fuck were you not hanging 30 points on us? Your team has a top 5 pass defense in the league and Roddy and Julio took your defensive backs to school all night.

Was it our best game? No

Was it a terrible game for us? Not in the slightest

We played fundamentally sound football...even WITH two missed FG's we still beat you.

Getting tired of your dogshit excuses.

Romo wasn't even hit in the first half. That's what I was referencing. Calm the fuck down.

I'm surprised that you're upset about an opposing fan being upset that his team couldn't beat your team when your team did not play even close to their ability. Are you not catching that drift? Dogshit excuses? I'm calling the Cowboys offense out for ineptitude.

I was a little put off by Scandrick being matched up with Roddy White on that holding call. Why is our fourth best corner EVER on the opposing team's best receiver?

I'm saying Dallas lost the game because of poor coaching decisions. There's no reason the 'boys shouldn't have scored more than 13. There's no reason Scandrick should EVER be matched up against a #1 when our 1-4 corners are all healthy. There is no reason that we should give up a 3rd and 13 because the call from the sideline was so confusing that nobody got lined up.

On another note, I don't recall seeing Mo or Mike getting schooled. Seemed like Carr and Scandrick were burned most often.

Claiborne was beat plenty, lol.

Romo wasn't even hit in the first half. That's what I was referencing. Calm the fuck down.

I'm surprised that you're upset about an opposing fan being upset that his team couldn't beat your team when your team did not play even close to their ability. Are you not catching that drift? Dogshit excuses? I'm calling the Cowboys offense out for ineptitude.

I was a little put off by Scandrick being matched up with Roddy White on that holding call. Why is our fourth best corner EVER on the opposing team's best receiver?

I'm saying Dallas lost the game because of poor coaching decisions. There's no reason the 'boys shouldn't have scored more than 13. There's no reason Scandrick should EVER be matched up against a #1 when our 1-4 corners are all healthy. There is no reason that we should give up a 3rd and 13 because the call from the sideline was so confusing that nobody got lined up.

On another note, I don't recall seeing Mo or Mike getting schooled. Seemed like Carr and Scandrick were burned most often.

According to your logic, you said that we played TERRIBLE. Your very own words, you already forget?

You can call out your team all you want, but then to say that the team that beat yours played terrible when we had no turnovers, 300+ Passing Yards, 100+ Rushing Yards and only 2 Penalties all game played terrible is ridiculous.

Go ahead, give no credit to our defense that didn't touch Romo ONCE in the first half, but still didn't allow him to throw a TD until the 4th. Terrible teams would be losing miserably at half-time if a QB like Rodgers, Brees, or Brady wasn't touched at all.

Your team is not fundamental..with 7 penalties for 50 yards and constantly not realizing that Roddy on Scandrick wasn't working. There were multiple missed tackles on Jacquizz Rodgers on our final drive as well. Some of your issues are coaching yes, but common sense as well. Needs to be someone on the defensive side of the ball that realizes that you can't lineup shit corner against #1 Wide Receiver.

Edited by ATL

According to your logic, you said that we played TERRIBLE. Your very own words, you already forget?

You can call out your team all you want, but then to say that the team that beat yours played terrible when we had no turnovers, 300+ Passing Yards, 100+ Rushing Yards and only 2 Penalties all game played terrible is ridiculous.

Go ahead, give no credit to our defense that didn't touch Romo ONCE in the first half, but still didn't allow him to throw a TD until the 4th. Terrible teams would be losing miserably at half-time if a QB like Rodgers, Brees, or Brady wasn't touched at all.

Your team is not fundamental..with 7 penalties for 50 yards and constantly not realizing that Roddy on Scandrick wasn't working. There were multiple missed tackles on Jacquizz Rodgers on our final drive as well. Some of your issues are coaching yes, but common sense as well. Needs to be someone on the defensive side of the ball that realizes that you can't lineup shit corner against #1 Wide Receiver.

A grand total of 19 points negates all of those statistics. And yes, the Cowboys' TD struggles come down, entirely, to play calling.

And missed tackles on Jacquizz? Thank you again, Scandrick. By God. He could be a big time player if he just made those plays when he had a chance. He's arleady a damn good slot corner. He just needs to show up everywhere else.

And Bay, I'm basing the who got burned comment on the end of the first half and the whole second half, which is all I saw of the game. The only Claiborne mishap I remember is the intercetion he should have had.

Should have done this long ago... :laugh:

Although, I doubt it would be wise to lock Jerry Jones out. Ha

Garrett needs to just muster the balls to get Jerry the fuck out of the football business. Owners be owners not coaches/gm. Doesn't matter how bad the coach is the owner should let the coach do what the coach is supposed to do instead of hover over his back all the time.

No offense BWare, but I can't agree with your comments either. I usually have a pretty easy time being unbiased with the Falcons too. Julio Jones was going to town on Claiborne all night. Perhaps you were seeing more of Orlando in the second half because quite honestly, Carr wasn't covering shit all night.

To say "the Falcons didn't hit Romo the entire second half" is ass-backwards as well. The Falcons aren't really known for their pass rush outside of Abraham, who was mentioned at halftime to have had Tony Romo under constant pressure. Just because you aren't getting the sacks doesn't mean you aren't getting to the quarterback. So many times in the first half, and the second, Tony Romo did what I think he does as good as Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh - he weaseled himself out of harms way by the hair on the back of his neck. They can talk all night about how Tyron Smith was having a great game keeping up with Abraham, but in reality, Abraham was putting serious pressure on Romo. Our secondary had no issues keeping the Cowboys receivers from doing pretty much anything.

I'm not sure why you think 19 points negates all the stats of the game. We got those 19 points with those 340 yards passing and two 100 yards receivers. We missed two field goals, Matt Bryant was kicking with a pulled muscle in his back that was bothering him all week - so I can sort of excuse him from those based on the fact he rarely ever misses.

Where did you see the Falcons play bad football? The only place I saw bad football out of the Falcons was the offensive line. Our O-Line is always hit or miss. This was simply a bad game to be "miss" in terms of blocking. They couldn't do shit with Ware and kept letting Matt get clobbered all night. There's your bad football.

I thought they both played well. Dallas was beat up and worn out by the end of the fourth, which has been Dallas's problem for years. Dallas couldn't finish. Atlanta did.