Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Many States File Petition To Peacefully Secede from US

As of Saturday November 10, 2012, 15 States have petitioned the Obama Administration for withdrawal from the United States of America in order to create its own government.

States following this action include: Louisiana, Texas, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York. These States have requested that the Obama Administration grant a peaceful withdrawal from the United States.

These citizen generated petitions were filed just days after the 2012 Presidential election.

Louisiana was the first State to file a petition a day after the election by a Michael E. from Slidell, Louisiana. Texas was the next State to follow by a Micah H. from Arlington, Texas.

The government allows one month from the day the petition is submitted to obtain 25,000 signatures in order for the Obama administration to consider the request.

The Texas petition reads as follows:

The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government’s neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it’s citizens’ standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.

A petition is not searchable at WhiteHouse.gov until 150 signatures have been obtained. It is the originator's responsibility to obtain these signatures.

Examiner.com

You can view the Texas petition HERE, which is by far looking like the most successful.

In two days, Texas has accumulated about half the needed signatures. Since this article was posted, I believe, another 4 or 5 states have submitted petitions...

:facepalm:

Can't really say much else.

Most ridiculous is New Jersey being on that list. I wouldn't really mind if they left, but how much help has the federal government given them in the past few weeks?

• Upvote 2

:facepalm:

Can't really say much else.

I concur.

So you get the signatures? Who cares, the government will still say no. You want change you should fall in line behind Donald Trump and storm the White House.

What is this, I don't even...

To be fair... It isn't REALLY going to happen. Numerous petitions have garnered the required signatures in the past, and when it goes to Obamas desk.. Some lame auto-reply appears saying that he has respectfully declined... Blah blah blah. If Texas , or any other state is going to secede, it's going to take more than a petition on the White House website to get it done.

Only in America is there so much outrage over the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED LEADER.

To be fair... It isn't REALLY going to happen. Numerous petitions have garnered the required signatures in the past, and when it goes to Obamas desk.. Some lame auto-reply appears saying that he has respectfully declined... Blah blah blah. If Texas , or any other state is going to secede, it's going to take more than a petition on the White House website to get it done.

Well, Texas has already got the firearms so... :yep:

When would this ever go through?

The federal government is never going to let someone peacefully secede, lol.

If this devolves into Civil War, I really hope the "seceders" (not a word!) don't think it will turn out like the previous Civil War. In the previous Civil War, the South had a legitimate industry that most of Europe depended on. None of the states listed really have the ability to stand on their own, save maybe Texas and New York. Also, there were many more regional divisions around that time. While you could make the case of political divisions now, they are not even close to the severity of divisions based on what state you came from. Robert E. Lee didn't really support the Confederacy, and he was a shoe in for the Head Union General, but when Virginia seceded he took his post and went south.

I'm honestly shocked and ashamed that they would do this, just because Obama was reelected. If Americans are really so idiotic and selfish, they don't even fucking deserve the title of being "American".

EDIT: Enormous emphasis on "if" in the first sentence. This won't lead to civil war; that's just a theoretical analysis of the situation.

Edited by Vikingfan465

Guest Phailadelphia

Only in America is there so much outrage over the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED LEADER.

Seriously. Bunch of spoiled fucking idiots. The people signing these petitions are probably the same who say "I'm moving to Canada/Australia/Europe if Obama gets elected." How patriotic. I'd be interested in seeing how much each of these states relies on the federal government to balance their respective budgets.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this but... I hope the people wanting succession know that the US pretty much labels that as outright rebellion. I also hope they realize that the US Military will flat-out smash the respective National Guard units of these states to little pieces. :/

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this but... I hope the people wanting succession know that the US pretty much labels that as outright rebellion. I also hope they realize that the US Military will flat-out smash the respective National Guard units of these states to little pieces. :/

The question would be, do you think Obama would actually use the military to attack these states?

Obviously, hypothetical scenario, but I just don't see him doing that. It would be far better, IMO, to let them go and then in two years or less they would come back, since as Phail mentioned, there is no way on earth they can stand on their own.

I'm pretty sure the US can't use its military against its own people. So they would have to leave the US first and if Obama did that :shrug:, would the military even listen or would they turn on the United States. That in its own right could end this country.

Valid points... the US isn't as barbaric as it used to be. Regardless, it was a hypothetical situation. The only state in that list that could support itself is Texas, and it's government would probably be so radical that it wouldn't garner much international support.

Also, people on FB legit posting that they think Ohio should succeed. Fuck secessionists.

Also, people on FB legit posting that they think Ohio should succeed. Fuck secessionists.

Would you rather they think Ohio should fail? :troll:

I'm surprised nobody's pointed this out yet: five of the states listed in the OP voted for Obama, wtf?

The Texas petition now has 39,000 signatures. 14,000 over the minimum required. I am interested to see Obama's response. And while I expect it to be some lame auto-reply BS... I hope, even when he declines their request, that he actually puts some thought into it.

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm surprised nobody's pointed this out yet: five of the states listed in the OP voted for Obama, wtf?

It's a fringe movement, and you don't even have to live in a state to file a petition or sign it.

It's a fringe movement, and you don't even have to live in a state to file a petition or sign it.

I realize that, I also realize that not everyone in those states voted for Obama, but it just highlights the absurdity of the 'movement'

Edited by oochymp

Nah, every state has Dem and Rep areas... I've actually been reading a lot about the potential for California to be split in the electoral college because the massive liberals / dems on the coast outweigh the inland republicans and is really an unfair representation of the state.

Also.. It's kind of INSANE that one state produces 55 votes in the electoral college. And yes, I realize this would have changed nothing in this last election which was blowout city per the electoral college. That is not what I am insinuating with this post.

Guest Phailadelphia

I realize that, I also realize that not everyone in those states voted for Obama, but it just highlights the absurdity of the 'movement'

Agreed.