AllYouNeedIsLovie

Update - Colin Kaepernick named starter for Rams game

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start against NO?

• Colin Kaepernick
    • Alex Smith

My opinion is still the same on this subject, I like Alex Smith over Kaep for reasons already mentioned in this thread but you can't go back to him now unless Kaep plays horribly and you can't deny that Kaep has more upside.

I'm a little late to this discussion but these are my feelings as well, for the most part. My only concern is: what happens if Kaepernick is mediocre/bad in the playoffs and the 49ers go one and done?

Brady got you 52 points? What kind of league do you play in lol

Not me my opponent ha. 6 points for TD, 1 point every 25 yards, .5 points per completion. Also a 10 point bonus at 300 yards.

Point is they absolutely shitted on that 49ers defense in the second half so let's not act like the San Francisco defense did some amazing job. They were decent.

Not me my opponent ha. 6 points for TD, 1 point every 25 yards, .5 points per completion. Also a 10 point bonus at 300 yards.

Point is they absolutely shitted on that 49ers defense in the second half so let's not act like the San Francisco defense did some amazing job. They were decent.

granted, the 49ers defense sucked ass at the end of the third and most of the fourth quarter, but they absolutely demolished the Patriots for the vast majority of that game and came through at the end with the 4th and 1 stop

Edited by oochymp

I don't really think that they are any better or worse with Kaepernick starting. I'm still astounded you can sit a league leading QB halfway through the season like they did. At least he has trade value now.

granted, the 49ers defense sucked ass at the end of the third and most of the fourth quarter, but they absolutely demolished the Patriots for the vast majority of that game and came through at the end with the 4th and 1 stop

Aboslutely demolished? lawl.

It was more of the Pats being ridiculously sloppy than the 49ers dominating. 49ers fumbled the ball 5 times, too. Neither team came close to playing a clean game.

And I believe it was 4th & 2... and it was a horribly executed play by the Pats.

I love the 49ers defense and still have them making it to New Orleans, but they didn't play that great this past Sunday.

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis
  • Upvote 1

Our defense was on the field for 80 plays against the Pats is what I saw during the game tonight.... Brady threw the ball 60 times. No defense can play that good that long.... With our offense going 3 and out almost every time in the second half, that transitions into bad defense because of fatigue....

Idk if I even want to start talking about the game tonight. :facepalm:

Edited by Pwillie52

Help me get the images out of my head, friend.

This looks like the right move now. I don't know if Alex Smith could've won this game. Kap brings a whole new dimension to the offense and he is really developing as a passer.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, no matter what happens next week, I think Harbaugh made the right decision.

Kaepernick is just a dynamic weapon. He and Cam Newton are kind of the same build. They are bigger, faster, and stronger, so they can run but they arent as proned to injury as Vick and RGIII. I really like what we've seen out of Kaepernick.

Yeah, no matter what happens next week, I think Harbaugh made the right decision.

Correct. I don't care if he's god awful vs. Atlanta.

Smith has done a good job for the most part this season and has shown he can do it in the playoffs. I say make Smith the starter for the rest of this year, but consider making Kapernick the starter afterwards.

Thats why Jim Harbaugh is a better coach than me.

Colin Kaepernick makes them so much more explosive. No defensive coordinator is gonna stay up late at night sweating over how he's gonna stop Alex Smith. Start Kaepernick.

:yep: