Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

Florida Football Teams

Lolbucs. What a shitty fucking fan base.

• Upvote 1

It's a damn shame they can't sell this one out; Falcons/Bucs could be a great game.

• Upvote 1

Can't even sellout their biggest rivalry game of the year? :rofl:

Might have to buy a ticket :devious:

Well for the bucs a sellout is selling every seat. Not every seat except 15000 or so.

Maybe if some bucs fans here logged off on sundays and actually went to the damm game lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shitty fan base indeed. I couldn't believe they couldn't sell out THIS game after how well the team has done.

Not surprising... But with the team playing so well, and scoring a ton of points lately, you'd think people would want to go out. Even if you aren't a Bucs fan, it should be entertaining.

Just a statement on the fan bases down there in Florida. There just isn't any allegiances with all the people who weren't born there and who have moved into the state growing up loving a different team.

And with how awful attendance is and these fan bases are.... It makes you wonder why you have three teams down there... Go over to Mississippi or Mormonville or something. Go to a small market, but one that has passionate fans. Or.. of course there is a big market available out in LA right now.

Meanwhile, the Jags haven't had a game blacked-out since 09.

The Jags and Chiefs consistently sell out if not nearly sell out games (mostly Chiefs). I could accept not having a die hard fan base but the fact that this is the best looking team since our SB years and we can't sell out a divisional game. Really Tampa?

Meanwhile, the Jags haven't had a game blacked-out since 09.

Dont they cover up seats so they dont black out?

You guys don't count.... Companies have bailed you out of blackouts in that time span. I mean, don't get me wrong, still cool and other teams need the help as well... But when you make huge companies buy massive tickets in bulk to avoid the blackout, is that really a victory?!

^ This is aimed at the Jags.

And ya, they did tarp off seats to lower seating capacity. Lmao.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Dont they cover up seats so they dont black out?

The stadium currently seats 67k (with tarps), the tarps cover about 9700 seats. Even with the tarps, there are around 11 or so stadiums that seat less than we do.

This is pretty bad. I mean I am no Tampa fan but they have become fun to watch lately and are very competitive. In my opinion if you cant sell out this game you dont deserve a franchise.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Maybe if some bucs fans here logged off on sundays and actually went to the damm game lol.

Most of the Bucs fans here don't live in the Tampa area, so that's just a retarded statement. BucD has season tickets, and Milla is going to the game on Sunday. I think those are really the only 2 Bucs fans who live in the Tampa area.

But anyways, our fanbase is a joke. I've been saying it for a while now. I said after the Raiders game, if we beat both SD and CAR, and don't sell out the ATL game, we deserve to be moved. Well, that happened so I wouldn't have much to say if the NFL were to move us.

I don't care what the excuse is. Maybe it's the economy, maybe it's that Tampa sports fans are bandwagoners, maybe it's because there are too many transplants that live in the Tampa area and root for their hometown teams. I really don't care what the excuse is. I personally think the main reason is that Tampa is a bandwagon city, and the fact that the economy sucks and we have a lot of transplants in the area just adds to the problems.

Either way though, the fact is that we weren't able to sell out probably the biggest game of the year. Division rivals, we are coming off a 4 game win streak, the Falcons are 9-1, and we are right in the playoff hunt. Still no sell out. Like I said before, I don't care what the excuse is, we didn't sell out this game and that's sad. I'm sure there are plenty of other cities out there that would have had this game sold out within a few hours, given the circumstances.

The stadium currently seats 67k (with tarps), the tarps cover about 9700 seats. Even with the tarps, there are around 11 or so stadiums that seat less than we do.

The point of bringing up the tarps wasn't to argue how many people you can sit... Making 10,000 seats unavailable to be sat in, means you have to sell fewer tickets to be blacked out. May as well cover up 50,000 of them. You might go 30 years without a blackout. lol

I don't care what the excuse is. Maybe it's the economy, maybe it's that Tampa sports fans are bandwagoners, maybe it's because there are too many transplants that live in the Tampa area and root for their hometown teams. I really don't care what the excuse is.

It's a little bit of everything, I think. Even in a booming economy you'd still have a fairweather fan base whose loyalty would depend on how well the team was doing.

I'm glad I've got Sunday Ticket. :yep:

Haven't missed a game all season.

It's a little bit of everything, I think. Even in a booming economy you'd still have a fairweather fan base whose loyalty would depend on how well the team was doing.

The team doing well doesn't even guarantee them sellouts though. lol

Yep, we had a season ticket waiting list of 100,000 people after we won the Superbowl, and once we started struggling, that list just kept on decreasing and soon enough, we couldn't even sell out games.

I remember being at the 2007 playoff game against the Giants in Tampa, and the place was full of Giants fans. We probably wouldn't even have sold out if so many didn't make the trip down. And this was even before the economy was bad

I'm glad I've got Sunday Ticket. :yep:

Haven't missed a game all season.

My parents have Sunday Ticket, but they live within 75 miles of Tampa, so they still get blacked out.

You guys don't count.... Companies have bailed you out of blackouts in that time span. I mean, don't get me wrong, still cool and other teams need the help as well... But when you make huge companies buy massive tickets in bulk to avoid the blackout, is that really a victory?!

^ This is aimed at the Jags.

And ya, they did tarp off seats to lower seating capacity. Lmao.

In past years, yeah, sure, but not this year. And why is having local companies chip in a problem?

The point of bringing up the tarps wasn't to argue how many people you can sit... Making 10,000 seats unavailable to be sat in, means you have to sell fewer tickets to be blacked out. May as well cover up 50,000 of them. You might go 30 years without a blackout. lol

I'm aware of that, but it seems like the opinion out there is that we are tarping off 50k seats. If we didn't have the tarps, we'd be a top 5 capacity team in a bottom 5 market and that's not feasible being as young of a team as we are. Instead, we put ourselves in a much more manageable position, and I'm not sure why that's viewed with such negativity. Though in the end, the increased seating is on the city of Jacksonville for wanting something bigger than what Wayne Weaver originally proposed.

In past years, yeah, sure, but not this year. And why is having local companies chip in a problem?

I'm aware of that, but it seems like the opinion out there is that we are tarping off 50k seats. If we didn't have the tarps, we'd be a top 5 capacity team in a bottom 5 market and that's not feasible being as young of a team as we are. Instead, we put ourselves in a much more manageable position, and I'm not sure why that's viewed with such negativity. Though in the end, the increased seating is on the city of Jacksonville for wanting something bigger than what Wayne Weaver originally proposed.

Exactly, with the tarps, the Jags seating capacity is still bigger than 11 other stadiums (including newer ones built in large markets like Seattle, and Detroit.) Pittsburgh is also a newer stadium but I wouldn't call them a large market although it's bigger than Jax.

Without the tarps (76,867 seats), the only stadiums bigger than Jacksonville's stadium are Washington, New York, and Dallas. Three of the biggest markets in the league. While market wise, the only teams with a smaller market are Buffalo and New Orleans. Green Bay would be added but they have Milwaukee. NO, BUF, and JAX don't have a big city next to them to help like that. Toronto doesn't count because fans would have to go through customs being in a different country for every game and that's just not feasible.

The stadium was built for the Florida-Georgia game. That's two huge fan bases. It was made way too big, the tarp jokes/criticism is ignorant, plain and simple.

Jacksonville by far has a more passionate fan base than Tampa and Miami. The attendance records show this as well. Forget the blackouts, because Miami hasn't had any blackouts yet are consistently in the lowest attendance. They have the lowest of all Florida teams — and yet they're the biggest market in Florida. Say what you want about the Jaguars bad front office and they way they've ran the team in recent year, I agree with that, but the fan base has been completely disrespected on a national level when there are a number of fan bases that have been way worse than Jax.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1