BigBen07

Andrew Luck for MVP?

No. Nothing else to see here. Move along. :yep:

Brady, Manning, JJ SwatsAlot, Von Miller are all having a greater season that some 74 passer rating scrub quarterback. And RG3 is a mile ahead of Luck.

Pretty easy to turn a 2 win season around with a 1st pick QB.

Oops, don't get me wrong, I love me some Andrew Luck. "Scrub" being said in comparison to actual MVP candidates. I left ADAP out as well

Luck shouldn't even get Rookie of the Year let alone League MVP. It's amazing how hard ESPN is trying to hype him, and it seems like the better everyone else does the more depserately they try to push him. Schein comes across as a desperate fanboy in that article. Nobody with a brain should believe a word he says.

Edited by Jayrus

Wow, that's absurd.

He's not even the best rookie QB. He should not be brought up in the MVP discussion. Not even close. Look at his numbers.

Schein's argument is not fanboyish in the slightest.

Did you read the whole article? He isn't arguing for Luck because he's the best player in the NFL. He doesn't believe that is what the award should be. He argues for him because he believes Luck is the Most Valuable player to his team in the NFL.

That is an argument, and a good one. I'm not sure I agree that Luck is the most valuable player, but it isn't absurd to suggest so. Where would the Colts be without Andrew Luck?

Edited by Thanatos19

Considering the dearth of backups the colts have had, let's ask where they would be with an average starting QB. Your mileage may vary, but an average starter is probably someone like Sam Bradford, Ryan Fitzpatrick or Carson Palmer. You probably have less interceptions with an average QB, but less outstanding plays as well. Reggie Wayne takes a lot off of Luck's shoulders by being so reliable and so often being the go to for him. If they started their backup which is Drew Stanton I think, they'd be way worse off. The teams that crush them still crush them regardless of QB probably, The Bills game and Jags games are wins for an average QB, so that leaves the Vikings, Packers, Browns, Titans, Dolphins and Lions games which could go either way. They probably beat the Browns with an average QB, lose to the Packers, Vikings and Titans are coinflips really, Dolphins would be a loss, and the Lions would probably be a win, because most QB's aren't throwing the Lions a ton of INT's.

So you put that all together, and an average QB might have this team at 6-6 or so. Luck definitely helps this team with his leadership, but he isn't leaping ahead of the pack of guys who are playing spectacularly and providing more value to their teams like Adrian Peterson, the hump of Elite QB's at the top, JJ Watt and other defensive player of the year candidates. He's playing well, but he's not MVP caliber yet, he needs to cut down on the errant throws that force those comeback situations first.

Andrew Luck is and most likely will continue to be a very good QB in this league. His leadership, work ethic, etc etc are impeccable.

However, I do think he is a bit overrated. He is getting far too much credit here and around the league. Ya, he's turned the Colts around from a team that lost their franchise QB. But imagine what the Colts would be like without a QB who turns the ball over so much?

I mean.. I know he is a rookie, so I am not going to tear him a part. But he is purely about volume stats, and that doesn't make a great QB. Since when has 55% completion, 1:1 TD:INT ratio, and a QB rating of 76 become acceptable in this league? He has a ton of yards for a rookie, he steals a lot of goal line TDs form his RBs (using his feet)... Blah. 16 INT, 9 fumbles (5 recovered by opponent). Eww.

Razor hit on the "replace him with your avg QB" stuff, so let's expand a little.

You put RGIII, who defines efficiency, on this Colts team and you are looking at a high seed in the AFC, maybe the 2nd best team in the conference behind New England. All depending on how you feel about Houston, and I believe Baltimore to be incredibly overrated.

Again, let's try something else. What if the QB class of the previous year didn't exist? No clear cut franchise type QB.

Peyton Manning is probably back, leading the Colts to a 13+ win season, a 1st round playoff bye, and looking for his next championship.

Luck isn't the best player in the league. He isn't the best rookie in the league. He isn't the best Qb of his own draft class.

And he certainly isn't the most valuable player.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Schein's argument is not fanboyish in the slightest.

Did you read the whole article? He isn't arguing for Luck because he's the best player in the NFL. He doesn't believe that is what the award should be. He argues for him because he believes Luck is the Most Valuable player to his team in the NFL.

That is an argument, and a good one. I'm not sure I agree that Luck is the most valuable player, but it isn't absurd to suggest so. Where would the Colts be without Andrew Luck?

We could actually argue with that,too. I think AP is the Most Valuable Player to his team in the NFL and he's surely having a better season than Luck.

I get wanting to make him an MVP candidate. He's been the lead of what, 6 or 7 game winning drives? The team was terrible last season, and they are right in the playoff hunt.

Not sure that I believe he's a contender though.

I get wanting to make him an MVP candidate. He's been the lead of what, 6 or 7 game winning drives? The team was terrible last season, and they are right in the playoff hunt.

Not sure that I believe he's a contender though.

Luck is currently 5-1 in 4th quarter game winning drive situations, counting his wins against the Vikings, Packers, Titans, Dolphins and Lions, and his failed attempt against the Jags.

No way should he even get consideration for this award. Every QB is valuable to his team. If nit he probably sucks. He has thrown a lot of. Into and his QB and completion rating is bad. RG3, manning, Brady, he'll even jj watt deserve it over him.

He has a radio show too. Everyone in nfl radio is a bunch if stuttering Stanley's its frustrating listening to it.

Andrew Luck's numbers: 3,596 yards, 17 TD's, 16 INT's, 55.5 Completion %, 76.1 QB rating.

Carson Palmer's numbers: 3,532 yards, 20 TD's, 13 INT's, 61 Completion %, 84.4 QB rating.

Anyone who thinks Andrew Luck should be MVP or even be in the conversation is either a Colts homer or a moron like Adam Schein.