AL_Royalty

Andy Reid era to begin in KC

There's no way that Reid will make the same mistake with Charles as he did with McCoy. It's a great hire IMO.

Do you realize how long Eagles fans have been saying that?

"There's no way Reid will let a 2nd year McNabb shoulder the load."

"There's no way Reid will abandon the run game with a three-headed backfield."

"There's no way Reid will not give carries to Brian Westbrook now that he's awesome."

"There's no way Reid will not give carries to LeSean McCoy."

"There's no way Reid will not give carries to LeSean McCoy now that Nick Foles is our QB."

Andy Reid gets credit as he should for getting a lot of things right, but he is a terrible terrible TERRIBLE game day head coach. I cannot underscore this enough, and Chiefs fans will feel the pain soon enough.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

There's no way that Reid will make the same mistake with Charles as he did with McCoy. It's a great hire IMO.

So now... Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson?

No way he makes the same mistake? He didn't learn his lesson from Westbrook to McCoy, why should anyone think he is going to all of the sudden learn now?

I just think it's weird that people expect Charles carries and numbers to go down when Andy, historically, gives his backs the ball more than the Chiefs have Charles.

He might not EXPLODE, but an extra 3-5 touches a game will do wonders.

So now... Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson?

Tyler Wilson? I thought the Chiefs wanted an upgrade at QB?

I just think it's weird that people expect Charles carries and numbers to go down when Andy, historically, gives his backs the ball more than the Chiefs have Charles.

He might not EXPLODE, but an extra 3-5 touches a game will do wonders.

Charles has gotten so few carries because the Chiefs have been playing from behind so much. If Reid develops a half decent passing game, he'll find ways to forget about Charles I'm sure.

Tyler Wilson? I thought the Chiefs wanted an upgrade at QB?

Sadly, Wilson is probably an upgrade from what the Chiefs had last year.

Yet he averaged less then 15 carries a game in 2010 when the Chiefs won the AFC West.

Another suckfest

A multiquote would be a wall of text at this point, so for those of you who are focused on this whole Charles not getting the ball thing, here's a few things to consider from the perspective of a Chiefs fan.

1. Everything Favre has already said. It's all pretty much spot on, and I've been saying the same things since I found out we might sign Reid.

2. Everyone says McCoy hasn't been getting enough carries, which may or may not be true, but he gets plenty of touches. He averaged 21 per game this season to Charles' 20.

3. Guess what most Chiefs fans would LOVE to see: a QB come to town who can actually throw the ball effectively. My Lord. I'm so tired of seeing Charles carry the ball three times, then Hillis carry the ball three times, then Droughn/Hillis/McCluster/Charles carry the ball a couple more times before our garbage QB throws a crap pass on third and long that everyone knows is coming only to have it picked off or thrown 5 yards over his target's head. I welcome a coach who isn't afraid to open up the passing game.

4. Charles averages 5.8 YPC for his career—the most in NFL history—despite everyone knowing that he's getting the ball when he's out there. Holy play action Batman! Then when he does get the ball, there aren't a minimum of 8 guys in the box on every play. Provided we can get someone better than Cassel/Quinn/Palko at QB—and let's face it, that's nearly every NFL QB—Charles will probably be even more dangerous.

I've never been a huge Andy Reid fan, but he's got more playoff wins in the last 11 years than the Chiefs have had in the entire history of the team. After Herm Edwards, Todd Haley, and Romeo Crennel, I'm open to bringing in a guy who's actually more substance than smoke and mirrors, promising a new day and bringing only more of the same mundane, vanilla, conservative bullshit gameplan as the last sap who held the job before him.

Go Chiefs.

According to the Denver Post, new Chiefs coach Andy Reid is hoping to make Brad Childress his defensive coordinator in Kansas City.

Childress was Reid's offensive coordinator from 2003-2005 in Philadelphia, and the Eagles made the NFC Championship Game all three years. They also share an agent in Bob LaMonte. The Denver Post's report runs contrary to one from CSN Philly, which stated late Friday that Reid wanted Doug Pederson as his OC.

Source: Denver Post

Programmatic non-fit.

Oh God. Brad Childress as in pedo Brad?

Wait, is that a typo on Rotoworld's part or has Childress been Castillo'd?

Wait, is that a typo on Rotoworld's part or has Childress been Castillo'd?

That's what I am struggling with.

I don't want to jump to conclusions... but if Brad Childress is going to defense I am going to die of laughter.

I don't know how any Chiefs fan could be upset about Reid going into Kansas City. I think he'll make that team great. Clearly their biggest issue is quarterback, at least in my opinion, and you've now got a coach that has made quarterbacks look great in his system.

Perhaps they should draft a quarterback, but even if they do I don't think they'll get any sort of upgrade to Matt Cassel in this years draft. That's my opinion though and I could very easily be wrong. Reid could make Cassel look like a solid quarterback as long as he can teach Cassel to limit the turnovers and protect the ball. Look what he did with Kevin Kolb, and Kafka for that matter. Reids entire system is quarterback friendly.

If you go to the Denver Post article from which that blurb was posted, the writer says Childress is the leading candidate for offensive coordinator. So it's a typo on Rotoworld's part.

Regardless, it's a little sad on Andy Reid's part that we were willing to believe it. :p

Andy better make a move to try and get Alex Smith and hope they can make a deal with Bowe.

Edited by dutchff7

No way he makes the same mistake? He didn't learn his lesson from Westbrook to McCoy, why should anyone think he is going to all of the sudden learn now?

New team? New staff? Less talent at WR? Its not like he has to give Charles 20+ carries for him to be effective any.

If Bowe leaves, or even if he stays, outside of him and Moeaki there really isn't much else. There's Baldwin but until he's been an almost none factor up to this point.

No QB on the KC roster in 2012 should be there in 2013. The only one who might have an argument is Stanzi.. Because he is young and hasn't gotten that shot yet. Although, with the lack of talent they have had the last two years.. You would think if he had some potential they would have tried to unleash that already.

Chiefs should just trade for Matt Flynn and hope he works out. Trade down with a team needing a QB.

Peter King of SI.com reports that former NFL assistant and, more recently, USC assistant Monte Kiffin is one of the leading candidates to run Reid’s defense in Kansas City.

Chiefs should just trade for Matt Flynn and hope he works out. Trade down with a team needing a QB.

That's a great idea. Instead of trying to grab a franchise QB with the first overall pick, trade out of it for an average one.

That's a great idea. Instead of trying to grab a franchise QB with the first overall pick, trade out of it for an average one.

Flynn is a system type QB. Reid thrives in finding QBs that fit his system. Add to the fact that you have Charles and that defense... Flynn wouldn't be a bad option for the Chiefs. He doesn't wow you, but he won't throw games away like the Chiefs have been so used to from Matt and the failures that have come before him. Depending on the price, it wouldn't be a bad move... One I don't think they will make, however.

Do you see any QB's in this draft that are worthy of the first overall pick in the draft? I don't.