Bay

Ok TGP, It's time for a Top 10 RB list

Alfred Morris > Doug Martin.

I prefer a guy who is great almost every week over a guy who is absolutely spectacular but only for a month of the season.

EDIT

After some serious thought, I moved Marshawn Lynch from 4 to 5 and LeSean McCoy from 5 to 4 on my list. Just a note so that nobody gets all crazy and thinks they are being smart after realizing I changed my list. lol

Why did you make that change? Share your thoughts.

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Arian Foster

3. Marshawn Lynch

4. LeSean McCoy

5. Jamaal Charles

6. CJ Spiller

7. Ray Rice

8. Frank Gore

9. MJD

10. Doug Martin

Rice would be higher but he has fumbling problems in the post season. MJD is kinda low but I mean he didn't play this year so I have to drop him down.

Outside looking in in order:

11. Alfred Morris

12. DeMarco Murray

13. Steven Ridley

14. Trent Richardson

Edited by BradyFan81

Going to double check this but this is what I have now.

Most times appeared in Top 10: (15 lists)

Adrian Peterson: 15

Ray Rice: 15

Marshawn Lynch: 15

Arian Foster: 15

Jamaal Charles: 15

C.J. Spiller: 14

LeSean McCoy: 13

Maurice Jones-Drew: 10

Alfred Morris: 9

Frank Gore: 8

Doug Martin: 7

Matt Forte: 5

Darren McFadden: 4

Chris Johnson: 4

Stevan Ridley: 1

Edited by Bay

Why did you make that change? Share your thoughts.

Just realize that Lynch is a great runner, but this has been his first truly GREAT season. And while you take that into consideration... I still feel like Shady is a more dynamic player who can have a bigger impact on a game, if you give him the chance to.

I also forgot Mojo... So more flip-floppingneeds to happen. :think:

• Upvote 1

Just realize that Lynch is a great runner, but this has been his first truly GREAT season. And while you take that into consideration... I still feel like Shady is a more dynamic player who can have a bigger impact on a game, if you give him the chance to.

I also forgot Mojo... So more flip-floppingneeds to happen. :think:

Isn't it great to have so many RB talents in the league now? I truly struggled with my top 5 list.

Edited by dutchff7

1. Adrian Peterson - Obvious

2. Marshawn Lynch - hes been a BEAST in Seattle

3. Jamal Charles - The next three could be flip flopped either way. Was on the worst team of 2012 and still almost had 1600 yards

4. Chris Johnson - based on his body of work and skill he still has, bad oline limited that but if we get the line fixed, hell show u why he belongs in top 5.

5. Shady McCoy - got hurt this year sso I dropped him to 5. McCoy is the most shifty RB In the NFL and has great vison.

6. MJD - another drop from due to injury but I know MJD is still a baller

7. Arian Foster - struggled a bit this year, product of zone blocking but still a good RB HIMSELF. One of the smoothest runners in the NFL, balanced.

8. Ray Rice - This was the hardest guy to rank, he could be top 5 but then sometimes he shouldn't be. Hes a MJD type back, small bruising back who is a good receiver out of the backfield. One of the best out the backfield actually.

9. Matt Forte - I used to think Forte was overrated early till he started showing out every year. Hes a tough runner who is good for both catching and running.

10. Frank Gore - Gore has been in the league awhile and been consistent. Gore is one RB who always seems to be overlooked. I like him as a runner, when he sees the hole he hits it and goes. I call him the go getter of running backs lol.

I don't think I missed anyone since I did this at the top of my head.

Forte, I was REALLY close to not putting him In the top 10 but the guy can ball so I left him.

McFadden

Morris

Spiller

Miss out, McFadden cant stay healthy, Morris was a rookie, cant be top 10 over RB's who have been in the league for awhile, it takes 2-3 years before they make the list imo. Spiller finally broke out this year. Need to know if he can keep it up.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

4. Chris Johnson - based on his body of work and skill he still has, bad oline limited that but if we get the line fixed, hell show u why he belongs in top 5.

5. Shady McCoy - got hurt this year sso I dropped him to 5. McCoy is the most shifty RB In the NFL and has great vison.

6. MJD - another drop from due to injury but I know MJD is still a baller

7. Arian Foster - struggled a bit this year, product of zone blocking but still a good RB HIMSELF. One of the smoothest runners in the NFL, balanced.

8. Ray Rice - This was the hardest guy to rank, he could be top 5 but then sometimes he shouldn't be. Hes a MJD type back, small bruising back who is a good receiver out of the backfield. One of the best out the backfield actually.

This is simply wrong. CJ can't be put over these guys.

• Upvote 1

This is simply wrong. CJ can't be put over these guys.

Dutch you owe me money muhfucka lol. I told you soon as I posted it would start again haha jk.

House, Well then I guess ill be wrong to you. CJ wasn't pose to get even 1000 this year, as some people here said that last year. Zack and Air made a bet on it actually. Air won I think right? Anyways when we get our line fixed, youll see that it is YOU who is wrong. Till then, time will tell. I said that last year too and was right again oh!

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Added your votes, Mike.

Added your votes, Mike.

Oh I just did this just cause. I had this discussion with Dutch last night in the shoutbox. He convinced me to make a list so I did. Im sure it wont matter in vote wise, ( CJ's case lol ) or anyone would agree but I made one.

Dutch you owe me money muhfucka lol. I told you soon as I posted it would start again haha jk.

House, Well then I guess ill be wrong to you. CJ wasn't pose to get even 1000 this year, as some people here said that last year. Zack and Air made a bet on it actually. Air won I think right? Anyways when we get our line fixed, youll see that it is YOU who is wrong. Till then, time will tell. I said that last year too and was right again oh!

Look,I'm one of the guys that has nothing against CJ. But I think you're kinda overrating him here.

Right now,CJ is not a top 5 back. He's not better than those guys I listed before. You're saying I'll be wrong "when you get your oline fixed". That's the future,man. I'd like to see him having a great season next season but right now he's behind those guys.

Look,I'm one of the guys that has nothing against CJ. But I think you're kinda overrating him here.

Right now,CJ is not a top 5 back. He's not better than those guys I listed before. You're saying I'll be wrong "when you get your oline fixed". That's the future,man. I'd like to see him having a great season next season but right now he's behind those guys.

[/quote

He had a good season despite the fuckery around him... No defense 32nd in NFL in points allowed, no passing game and bad oline play. Yes it wasnt the whole season on the line and passing game but it was most of the season. Ngata even pointed out when your behind in a game by a big amount u stop running and start throwing. That took away CJ chances. We have a offseason and a draft coming up, im sure we shore up the oline.

You fell for the bait. It was all apart of my plan :devious:

Edited by dutchff7

Can't wait for the epic fights to ensue in the rest of our top 10 threads this offseason.

:devious:

Alfred Morris > Doug Martin.

I prefer a guy who is great almost every week over a guy who is absolutely spectacular but only for a month of the season.

Morris was more consistent, but it's not like Martin was awful when he had bad games.

I prefer a complete back who plays every down and can catch out of the backfield over a guy who is overrachieving in the ZBS scheme (seriously, when has Shanahan not had a good RB) and a great mobile RB which opens up a lot of lanes.

• Upvote 1

Okay, after some deal of thought, here is my top-10 list. I agree with the Bucs fans, Martin > Morris, being as I've seen him play a good deal. Most of the time he has bad games its because the Bucs got behind big, (see the 41-0 loss against the Saints), otherwise he is pretty consistent as well, if you take his receiving and rushing into account. Neither rookie makes my top-10, however, though another season of that caliber by either one will most likely vault them over a few guys.

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Jamaal Charles

3. Arian Foster

4. Ray Rice

5. LeSean McCoy

6. Marshawn Lynch

7. Maurice Jones-Drew

8. Chris Johnson

9. Matt Forte

10. Frank Gore

Edit: I'm just going to remove anyone below the top-10. I feel pretty good about those ten guys being above the next tier, and I'm unsure where the next six or so would go.

Edited by Thanatos19

Okay, after some deal of thought, here is my top-10 list. I agree with the Bucs fans, Martin > Morris, being as I've seen him play a good deal. Most of the time he has bad games its because the Bucs got behind big, (see the 41-0 loss against the Saints), otherwise he is pretty consistent as well, if you take his receiving and rushing into account. Neither rookie makes my top-10, however, though another season of that caliber by either one will most likely vault them over a few guys.

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Jamaal Charles

3. Arian Foster

4. Ray Rice

5. LeSean McCoy

6. Marshawn Lynch

7. Maurice Jones-Drew

8. Chris Johnson

9. Matt Forte

10. Frank Gore

11. Stevan Ridley

12. Doug Martin

13. Alfred Morris

14. Darren McFadden

15. DeMarco Murray

Murray and DMC are as low as they are because they can't seem to stay healthy- Murray ofc has only been in two seasons, but I haven't seen enough to rate him higher.

That's a pretty solid list and it reflects what my list should have looked like. Not in the same order though. I contemplated on putting C.J Spiller and Alfred Morris on my list and I knew when I put them on my list that it was the wrong judgement call; but I went a long with it anyway. Seeing a second opinion going with my 1st gut instinct opened my eyes. It's ludicrous that I have guys who have only put together one good season over Matte Forte and MJD whom are proven vets with a body of work. It's just unfortunate that both vets have been battling injuries but that doesn't take them off the list because of 1 year.

But to speak on Alfred Morris (A.M), I have touched on some of the reason for his success which is tied to having a mobile QB like RG3. It's like I went brain dead for a second and got lost in the numbers :shrug: Sean also just made a good post in the Doug Martin vs A.M thread and put things into perspective for me.

Also as far as candidates who can possibly break into that top 10 discussion, Murray is definitely amongst that list. Just sucks that he can't stay healthy. I know once Murray can stay healthy, it's going to suck having to play him twice a year. He's going to be a problem.

Edited by dutchff7

11. Stevan Ridley

12. Doug Martin

13. Alfred Morris

I'm curious why you ranked Ridley ahead of the two rookies, Ridley also only has one good season after having a small role in the Patriots' 2011 running back committee, but his season wasn't as good statistically as Martin's or Morris' and he was on a team with a much better passing attack than either rookie making him often an afterthought for the defense

• Upvote 1

I'm curious why you ranked Ridley ahead of the two rookies, Ridley also only has one good season after having a small role in the Patriots' 2011 running back committee, but his season wasn't as good statistically as Martin's or Morris' and he was on a team with a much better passing attack than either rookie making him often an afterthought for the defense

I was thinking the same thing as well. While players like Morris benefited from a mobile QB opening up holes for him, Ridley no doubt benefited from Tom Brady's passing attack being so lethal. I doubt any defense stacked 9 in the box to stop Ridley all year lol.

True.

The majority of the thought was put into to the top-10, 11-15 can be swapped around. Basically my honorable mentions. Should also include CJ Spiller in there somewhere, I knew I was forgetting someone.

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Arian Foster

3. Ray Rice

4. Jamaal Charles

5. MJD

6. Doug Martin

7. Marshawn Lynch

8. LeSean McCoy

9. Chris Johnson

10 Reggie Bush

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Arian Foster

3. Ray Rice

4. Jamaal Charles

5. MJD

6. Doug Martin

7. Marshawn Lynch

8. LeSean McCoy

9. Chris Johnson

10 Reggie Bush

I think you have McCoy way too low. I hate the Eagles, but McCoy is a beast. Wasn't his fault that Andy Reid didn't give him enough touches

• Upvote 1

1. Adrian Peterson - it's difficult to argue with his production. He breaks the will of defenses.

2. CJ Spiller - this might come as a surprise, but no RB was closer to Peterson's level of dominance this year than Spiller. 1722 yards on only 250 touches.

3. Marshawn Lynch - Beast Mode showed up this season and was the main reason for Russell Wilson's success late in the season.

4. Doug Martin - calm down Redskins fans, Morris is coming soon. Martin did a lot more with a lot less. Worse OLine, and no Shanahan zone/cut scheme.

5. Alfred Morris - I couldn't rank him above Doug Martin due to the Shanahan scheme, but he's still phenomenal. Not a lot of standout RBs this year.

6. Frank Gore - Gore has been as steady as it gets. I couldn't give him top 5, though, because he's sharing a backfield, and Hunter has been successful too.

7. Ahmad Bradshaw - the best pass blocking RB in the NFL as well as a very productive overall back. Still broke the 1,000 rushing yard mark despite injury.

8. Ray Rice - A solid overall back, but his production definitely slowed down this season. If not for 4th & 29, what real highlights does he have this year?

9. LeSean McCoy - had a rough year due to injuries, but still proved that he's a difference maker with the ball in his hands. 1207 yards on 254 touches.

10. Pierre Thomas - I had to bring him up for the sake of pointing out just how good he is. 5.74 yards per touch. That's better than #3-9 on this list.

Edited by Kayoh

10. Pierre Thomas - I had to bring him up for the sake of pointing out just how good he is. 5.74 yards per touch. That's better than #3-9 on this list.

You can't be serious.

• Upvote 1

You can't be serious.

New Orleans was dumb to not use him more. Every time he touches the ball he adds life to their offense. As a Falcons fan, I hate when he's in because he always kills us. Thomas is massively underrated.