ATL_Predator

The Seattle Way

Apparently Trent Williams was fined for hitting Sherman.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000125084/article/trent-williams-fined-7875-for-richard-sherman-punch

Washington Redskins offensive lineman Trent Williams has been fined $7,875 by the NFL for his contact with Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman after last Sunday's 24-14 loss.

Williams was fined for striking Sherman in the face. Sherman did not receive a fine.

Williams issued an apology through his agent, Ben Dogra, after the incident:

"I want to take this opportunity to apologize for my actions that took place following tonight's game. It was a hard fought game between two great teams and I let my emotions get the best of me. To Richard Sherman, the Seahawks, Mr. Daniel Snyder, Coach Shanahan, Mr. Bruce Allen, my teammates, and all the fans ... I am truly sorry. I feel as though I've taken many strides to be a better person this season and this is not how I wanted it to end. And for that, I apologize for my actions."

Edited by dutchff7

Well there you go. Nothing we do crosses any lines. We just engage opponents to the fullest extent of the rules. I'm glad Sherm didn't retaliate. As for the Falcons, I'd love to see them try to torch our D with that one dimensional offense. A physical corner on you who matches you height wise, as well as one of the league's better safeties. Earl has nailed is closing speed down to a T. He's the willie mays of the football field.

Earl Thomas ain't too bad but seeing Sherman/Browner fuck up a couple coverages was awesome.

I liked our season :shrug:

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 14, 2013, 6:13 PM EST

Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman and Falcons receiver Roddy White locked horns when their teams met in the playoffs. Sherman says that was an easy day for him.

“He’s an easy matchup. He’ll be another easy matchup next year,” Sherman said of White on NFL Live. “This is just fact.”

Although White caught five passes for 76 yards and a touchdown as the Falcons beat the Seahawks, Sherman said only one of those catches came while he was covering White, and that even to get that one ball to White the Falcons had to disguise what they were doing, because they knew they couldn’t just put White out there for Sherman to cover him man-to-man.

“You saw the game — he caught one pass on me the whole game,’ Sherman said. “It’s probably a lifetime achievement for him, so congratulations. It’s a rarity. It’ll rarely ever happen. I think we play them again next year. It won’t happen again. They have to hide him in the formation. They have to bring him down. He can’t just stand out there and play receiver. They have to hide him and do everything to get him open.”

The Seawhawks will play in Atlanta again during the regular season this year. White — and Falcons fans — are sure to remember Sherman’s comments.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 14, 2013, 6:13 PM EST

Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman and Falcons receiver Roddy White locked horns when their teams met in the playoffs. Sherman says that was an easy day for him.

“He’s an easy matchup. He’ll be another easy matchup next year,” Sherman said of White on NFL Live. “This is just fact.”

Although White caught five passes for 76 yards and a touchdown as the Falcons beat the Seahawks, Sherman said only one of those catches came while he was covering White, and that even to get that one ball to White the Falcons had to disguise what they were doing, because they knew they couldn’t just put White out there for Sherman to cover him man-to-man.

“You saw the game — he caught one pass on me the whole game,’ Sherman said. “It’s probably a lifetime achievement for him, so congratulations. It’s a rarity. It’ll rarely ever happen. I think we play them again next year. It won’t happen again. They have to hide him in the formation. They have to bring him down. He can’t just stand out there and play receiver. They have to hide him and do everything to get him open.”

The Seawhawks will play in Atlanta again during the regular season this year. White — and Falcons fans — are sure to remember Sherman’s comments.

That's kind of the point of having an offensive coordinator isn't it? Defenses do that all the time as well. That would be like an offensive lineman coming out and saying "Well, the only reason that Aldon Smith of the 49ers got a sack against us is because the defense was disguising what they were doing. They couldn't just run him right at us and come through." That's stupid. I don't mind Sherman talking trash all the time, I just wish he could think about what he is saying before he says it.

The touchdown he caught was the catch that came while Sherman was covering. So you could probably say that Roddy had his best catch of the game on Sherman. It's all about perspective I suppose. At the end of the day, he can shut down Roddy all he wants, Julio Jones will get the job done on the other side.

I :wub: Sherman my new favorite Seahawk.

:rofl: Can't wait till next Sunday. Should be a good game.

I wouldn't blame that play on Sherman Falcons opened up a hole on the D-Line Red Bryant didn't hold the line of scrimmage.

I will cut Red Bryant some slack though he was playing on a bad foot for most of the season which would explain his poor run defense.

Edited by Sacks98

Bring it back now y'all

Percy Harvin fits right in with these guys? AMIRITE?

Bring it back now y'all

Percy Harvin fits right in with these guys? AMIRITE?

Harvin is actually pretty quiet i really haven't seen an altercation with him except a couple of times with Frazier.

Wilson and Caroll will keep him in line, Wilson is already scheduling work outs with Harvin.

Edited by Sacks98

Harvin is actually pretty quiet i really haven't seen an altercation with him except a couple of times with Frazier.

Wilson and Caroll will keep him in line, Wilson is already scheduling work outs with Harvin.

Harvin choked slammed his WR coach in college. But yeah he is just a quiet person :rolleyes:

Harvin choked slammed his WR coach in college. But yeah he is just a quiet person :rolleyes:

Thanks but that is old news i found that out already.

Edited by Sacks98

... Doesn't change the fact that he's isn't very quiet or well-behaved at all.

... Doesn't change the fact that he's isn't very quiet or well-behaved at all.

We will see i don't think he will act up under Caroll.

Edited by Sacks98

1zlzq7r_jpg.gif

Smash mouth football. Gotta love it.

That's an awesome .gif, but Browner is one of the more overrated corners in the league. He's big (fucking SIX FOOT FOUR! corner) and he's physical. His coverage skills? Meh...

Thanks but that is old news i found that out already.

So you heard that already, but still said he is a "quiet" person :rofl:. That wasn't his only incident in college either.

So you heard that already, but still said he is a "quiet" person :rofl:. That wasn't his only incident in college either.

I don't think you get it lol i found that out afterwards this thread is from March.

That's an awesome .gif, but Browner is one of the more overrated corners in the league. He's big (fucking SIX FOOT FOUR! corner) and he's physical. His coverage skills? Meh...

I don't think he is overrated or underrated if he gets beat off a jam he will get burned.

Edited by Sacks98

He's overrated, but not by a whole lot. Agreed about everything else though. I think we'll let him walk as long as Tharold Simon develops adequately.

Bump...because now we have Seahawks claiming that they are God's team.