BLUE

Ravens trade Anquan Boldin to 49ers

So much back and forth.

Let the foundation of the Super Bowl champions crumble!!!!!

Love Boldin, but he is hardly the foundation lol.

Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, Profootballtalk.com reports Anquan Boldin's chances of staying in Baltimore are "parked at 50-50."

PFT's Mike Florio passes along "suspicion" that Boldin's agent is actively trying to get his client cut in hopes of testing free agency and commanding more money than his $6 million salary. It could be a smart business move. The receiver market has been depleted by Dwayne Bowe and Brian Hartline's long-term deals, and Boldin would immediately become a top-five free-agent wideout along with Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, Wes Welker, and Danny Amendola.

Woah.

I wont lie I like the move in theory. No Ngata rage about this :nope:

The only thing we get out of this is cap space. I doubt a sixth rounder (we'll get the last two picks of the round I'm assuming) ever amounts to anything. And now we need another receiver that we probably cannot afford.

The only thing we get out of this is cap space. I doubt a sixth rounder (we'll get the last two picks of the round I'm assuming) ever amounts to anything. And now we need another receiver that we probably cannot afford.

What is your screen name on the Ravens board if you dont mind the asking ?

I also think there are benefits to be had here other than cap space.

Because he was so drastically overpaid they couldn't bring him back for a run at a repeat...wow. I really don't understand this deal.

Tandon Doss, it's time to meet your potential.

I know that Anquan Boldin isn't a statistical machine, but he passes the eye test with flying colors. All a person has to do is watch him play to see the impact he has on the game and the kind of football player he is. The Ravens will regret this.

Boldin for a sixth is an absolute steal, I can't believe nobody offered more, I think the 49ers got a bit of a family discount

I know that Anquan Boldin isn't a statistical machine, but he passes the eye test with flying colors. All a person has to do is watch him play to see the impact he has on the game and the kind of football player he is. The Ravens will regret this.

So the Super Bowl Champions trade one of their top recievers to their Super Bowl opponent... is this a first in league history? Because I cvan't remember this evetr happening before. At least not for such a pathetic price. I mean, a sixth rounder? The Ravens office must really hate Boldin to let him go for basically nothing to a superbowl rival.

John is probably paying up on a Super Bowl bet, if the 49ers had won then the Ravens would have gotten Alex Smith cheap

What is your screen name on the Ravens board if you dont mind the asking ?

I also think there are benefits to be had here other than cap space.

Umdan

So the Super Bowl Champions trade one of their top recievers to their Super Bowl opponent... is this a first in league history? Because I cvan't remember this evetr happening before. At least not for such a pathetic price. I mean, a sixth rounder? The Ravens office must really hate Boldin to let him go for basically nothing to a superbowl rival.

It was a way to get something for him since he was probably going to be released so we can afford other guys. Not defending it, I still think Boldin is neccesary.

A 6th for Boldin is a great trade for the 49ers. I don't know the details of his contract but I'm wondering if it had something to do with it.

I guess with all the talks and the fact that they paid Flacco his big money, this shouldn't be a surprise. It is to me though. Not so much the fact that they traded him, but for a 6th rounder? I know he's starting to get older and teams will be worried about a decline, but you can't get more than a 6th rounder for Anquan Boldin? Man, I don't know. The Ravens definitely get help here with the cap space issue, but this isn't good. I guess the one thing I can say is that at least they still have a capable receiver that could be a #1 in Torrey Smith.

49ers won out big on this one. Crabtree and Boldin? Damn man. They just got a whole lot better!

No we won't lol. We will be just fine, this will help us in the long run. People who dont know the Ravens will not see it but dont be surprised if we are better next year on O then we are.

Tandon Doss, it's time to meet your potential.

Tandon Doss has potential? :laugh:

And I'm pumped to see Boldin out of the AFC. :devious: