BLUE

Ravens trade Anquan Boldin to 49ers

Profootballtalk.com reports that the Vikings offered the Ravens a seventh-round pick for Anquan Boldin before he was traded to San Francisco for a sixth-rounder on Monday.

Vikings GM Rick Spielman whiffed on Boldin, but he's obviously in the market for receiver help. Minnesota's only wideouts under contract for 2013 are Jarius Wright, Greg Childs, Stephen Burton, and Chris Summers. We expect the Vikings to pursue free agents Greg Jennings and Danny Amendola on Tuesday afternoon.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Steal for a sixth IMO. Just adds to our firepower. Crabtree + Davis + Boldin + Mario through the air :Banana:

Honestly, it was sounding like they were going to have to release him, so getting some compensation is better than none. This works out for both sides in my opinion. Niners get a solid possession receiver for a 6th rounder, and the Ravens actually get something in return for someone that likely wasn't going to be there next year.

Honestly, it was sounding like they were going to have to release him, so getting some compensation is better than none. This works out for both sides in my opinion. Niners get a solid possession receiver for a 6th rounder, and the Ravens actually get something in return for someone that likely wasn't going to be there next year.

Yeah, this is what happened. It's unfortunate to see someone like Boldin go, who's all around a great guy on and off the field, but it is what it is. We're clearly trying to get younger and getting a WR with more years ahead of them than Boldin isn't something I'll be too mad about. I'd love to get Jennings.

I'm surprised the Ravens didn't go back to the Vikings and say that the 49ers offered a 6th. Perhaps the Vikings would have offered THEIR 6th or even a 5th to get him. At any rate, still a great add for the 49ers, I cant get over the steal they have got.

49ers might have said "agree now or the trade is off" and if the vikings didnt want to trade a 6th, they would've got nothing.

No we won't lol. We will be just fine, this will help us in the long run. People who dont know the Ravens will not see it but dont be surprised if we are better next year on O then we are.

Would be an absolutely terrible move. Although he did fail to take into account the carryover we have from this year. Also he forgot to take into account the retirements that will occur and the people who are going to be let go who are not Anquan Boldin or Jacoby Jones.

Wait...what?

• Upvote 2

I guess with all the talks and the fact that they paid Flacco his big money, this shouldn't be a surprise. It is to me though. Not so much the fact that they traded him, but for a 6th rounder? I know he's starting to get older and teams will be worried about a decline, but you can't get more than a 6th rounder for Anquan Boldin? Man, I don't know. The Ravens definitely get help here with the cap space issue, but this isn't good. I guess the one thing I can say is that at least they still have a capable receiver that could be a #1 in Torrey Smith.

49ers won out big on this one. Crabtree and Boldin? Damn man. They just got a whole lot better!

The sixth rounder was to get something for someone that we were going to release otherwise. I'm hoping we get someone cheap in FA to fill shoes, but we could resort to drafting a receiver instead of Te'o.

They are looking good, but Crabtree and Boldin are very similar. Much like Mason and Boldin were back in the day, and neither had spectacular numbers.

Wait...what?

Its called being a homer

Steal for a sixth IMO. Just adds to our firepower. Crabtree + Davis + Boldin + Mario through the air :Banana:

I think Mario is done with us man. :(

I think Mario is done with us man. :(

Yeah maybe...hopefully AJ Jenkins starts making some progress :yep:

Yeah, I'd like to see the kid have a nice year.

I can't get over what a deal the Niners ran away with. Boldin still has juice in the tank, Colin gets another weapon, and all for just a 6th rounder. And I'm loving the (not so)subtle war between the Hawks and Niners as they both add playmaking receivers among other pieces. They're gonna be the new Pats/Colts game every year. Being division rivals is just icing on the cake....or fuel for the fire...whatever.

Well I was wrong. Mario took a pay cut to stay with us.

Crabs, Boldin, Mario, A.J.

Edited by Bay

Good grab for the 49ers, taking the possession sure handed receiver over someone flashy like Wallace.

At the NFL Owners Meetings in March, coach John Harbaugh and owner Steve Bisciotti both brought up 2012 sixth-round pick Tommy Streeter when quizzed about how the Ravens will replace Anquan Boldin.

Streeter ran a 4.40 flat official forty time at 6-foot-5, 219 two Februaries ago before redshirting his rookie NFL season. "(The coaching staff) liked Tommy Streeter's development by the end of the year," Bisciotti said. "They thought that he finally started to get what it was like to be a pro." Streeter is a height-weight-speed prospect to keep tabs on during training camp.

Source: baltimoreravens.com

Not sure if he can come in and replace the void left by Boldin, no matter how talent. He'll definitely be a player to watch, with the Ravens at the very least, this season though.

Teammate Ray Rice expects Torrey Smith to step up in the absence of Anquan Boldin this season.

"I’ve seen Torrey Smith get scouted as a guy that just goes deep," Rice said. "That’s what the scouting report was: ‘Let’s defend the deep ball.’ But, then I’ve seen Torrey Smith run intermediate routes. I’ve seen Torrey Smith line up in the slot. That’s what you call a complete No. 1 receiver." Smith will be counted on to be a more complete player, but it remains to be seen if he has the chops to morph from a pure deep threat. Smith has high-end WR2 upside.

Source: Baltimore Sun