Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

EA Announces Madden 25

No, you haven't jumped several years into the future. Electronic Arts has revealed that the next installment of Madden is ditching the calendar year in the name, opting instead to call attention to the series' 25th anniversary.

According to EA's press release, Madden NFL 25 will launch on August 27, and fans will once again be able to vote on the cover athlete starting March 11. If you want more details about how the game plays and how it will celebrate its heritage through various features, you're out of luck. For the time being, the name change and release date are all EA is putting forward in terms of concrete info.

What do you think about the name? What changes are you hoping to see in this installment?

GameInformer

When I read the headline I thought it was a typo... lol

I hope this game doesn't suck.

So what happens when Madden comes out in 2024?

They can change the title all they want but it will still suck.

I thought they had re-upped the monopoly contract through 2025 and nearly broke some shit...

I've bought Madden every year for as long as I can remember, no matter how pissed off I was about the last year's faults. Putting Looman in charge was the straw that broke the camel's back and I will forgo the purchase for the first time next season.

Idk if I'll get this or not. I'm sure it will suck but I passed on 13.

Hopefully they won't be making madden games in 2024. M13 is fucking terrible, constant freezing, the infinity engine is some gimmick garbage that doesn't use real physics at all.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully they won't be making madden games in 2024. M13 is fucking terrible, constant freezing, the infinity engine is some gimmick garbage that doesn't use real physics at all.

I've tried telling this to friends (about the physics engine). They always want to tell me how amazing it is, how groundbreaking it is, etc.... Nah. lol

Exactly! The physics on M13 are atrocious.

I agree about the Infinity engine being garbage, but as with most techonological advances, the first year is crap. They can only go uphill from here, no?

True. But I have been saying that about Madden for years now, and the strides have been fairly minimal.

The one thing that takes the cake is the superman linebackers. I didnt know a LB'er could jump in the air for a pass intended for a WR, 20 YARDS DOWNFIELD. They just jump and pick it like WTF. AI is always horrible in this game too. Everytime im online and playing someone, i go against two people. The player, and the ai. My AI will be completely STUPID. Be right in front of a pick, but dont pick it. Right there for a sack, but dont and just stand there. But when the other player is in same situation, his players make ridic plays on the ball everytime. Its like my team is stupid and his is a genius. Never can get a fair game out of madden. I wanna know why the system is the way it is and hopefully it is removed by next year. Madden is a peice of shit game lol. I wish people would stop buying it, so EA can get the fucking message.

The one thing that takes the cake is the superman linebackers. I didnt know a LB'er could jump in the air for a pass intended for a WR, 20 YARDS DOWNFIELD. They just jump and pick it like WTF. AI is always horrible in this game too. Everytime im online and playing someone, i go against two people. The player, and the ai. My AI will be completely STUPID. Be right in front of a pick, but dont pick it. Right there for a sack, but dont and just stand there. But when the other player is in same situation, his players make ridic plays on the ball everytime. Its like my team is stupid and his is a genius. Never can get a fair game out of madden. I wanna know why the system is the way it is and hopefully it is removed by next year. Madden is a peice of shit game lol. I wish people would stop buying it, so EA can get the fucking message.

Its another conspiracy, obviously. EA is out to get you.

Its another conspiracy, obviously. EA is out to get you.

To be honest though he is right about the LBer thing. Balls that a QB would easily throw 10 yards over the LB to a WR open in the middle of the field the LB just jumps up and knocks it down or picks it. It's stupid

you play as the Titans don't you? :p

seriously, I thought this year's game was an improvement, not saying it's a great game, there's certainly places it can improve (the AI for how to cover a zone is horrendous) but I actually felt like they took a step forward for the first time since they got the exclusive license

To be honest though he is right about the LBer thing. Balls that a QB would easily throw 10 yards over the LB to a WR open in the middle of the field the LB just jumps up and knocks it down or picks it. It's stupid

I'm talking about the "My AI plays stupid and the other team's AI plays like geniuses."

I'm talking about the "My AI plays stupid and the other team's AI plays like geniuses."

In the same situations, my team will fuck up the play even though i know i call a right play. And their team will get so mu h bull to help them. Its that fag shit they put in the game. Its to keep every game close. Ask bucman about our game. How much bullshit was going on. I notice when im the higher level player in a head to head game , the scrubs always get help from madden. Im talkin bull picks, like my wr will be wide open deep, i throw it and he turns around to catch it as hes running, but drop it and itll fall right into the hands of his cornerback. But they catch it everytime n i have yet to receive the same animation. I call that bullshit, idk about u. I can go on.

The AI is equally retarded for both teams. Its still annoying to watch the CPU just stand there when they couldve had a pick or at least knocked it down.

We must be playing different games online...I am ALWAYS the lower ranked player (because I suck) and I almost never get any "bull" picks nor does my LB jump to swat down passes that should have been heading 20 yds downfield. I can only think of one or two times where something ricidulous happened. 99% of the mistakes that I see are completely my own mistakes, I will never blame the AI for my own stupidity.

We must be playing different games online...I am ALWAYS the lower ranked player (because I suck) and I almost never get any "bull" picks nor does my LB jump to swat down passes that should have been heading 20 yds downfield. I can only think of one or two times where something ricidulous happened. 99% of the mistakes that I see are completely my own mistakes, I will never blame the AI for my own stupidity.

If I throw a pick thats a bad pass, yeah thats on me. However, when i KNOW, specially in man to man. Out routes beat man to man 10/10. If u are in man D and i switch the outside WR to a out route, it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop it ( unless u are the user , im talking AI here ) Everytime i throw a out route on man to man, specially with the corner backed off me, thats a positive gain every play or should be. I hate tho, when its that situation, and my WR will either

A. Drop it every fucking time

B. Fall down

C The cpu will go from running to the middle of the field to superman and beat the WR to the spot of the ball before my WR. ( mind u the corner was about 15 yards off diagonally from my WR )

But when IM ON DEFENSE. Same situation, my corner will never make the play, and always miss the tackle and i give up 50 yards for YAC. Their WR will NEVER DROP it. ( going on 30 straight games here ) or fall down. I know what beats what, what shuts down what. If u pick man, i know how to beat it EVERYTIME and if i adjust it, i earn my touchdown or positive gain. The game just makes my players fuck up every single snap though, while the other team gets every bullshit, and luck. I just wanna know why that is, bcuz its annoying ,when ur proven good at the game. Smart and know how to beat or shut down something, and the game ( AI ) takes that away from u.

Im not the best Madden player, but damn right i know im below a great Madden player. If i had the same AI my opposition has, i bet my record ( 42-29 ) ATM, would be like 60 something wins. Most of my loses have come from beyond my control. ( Fumbles, idiot AI play from my team ) etc.

you do know the AI adjusts, right? so if you run out routes all the time it will pick up on it and start jumping the routes

you do know the AI adjusts, right? so if you run out routes all the time it will pick up on it and start jumping the routes

Not when u playing a human player. They have to make that adjust themselves. Have to select ur corner, and shade him to the outside to he follows the WR to the out route. If he doesnt do that, its the same result player after play in that situation.

Mikey's got himself another conspiracy theory lol.