RazorStar

Breakout Players for 2013

I didn't cover the Falcons in my previous post so I'll do it now.

Lamar Holmes - With Tyson Clabo getting the red ticket on his way out of Atlanta this past month, it has pretty much been stated Holmes' job to lose once camp begins. It's going to be tough for him to lose it, the coaches are high on this kid, and I am too. I've watched a few games he played in from college and he looks absolutely spectacular. He's got awesome size too, 6-6 330lbs. Despite his size, he isn't the run blocker anyone would expect, he's actually a lot better of a pass blocker. If Pat Hill can coach him and get him to be able to make a strong push on run plays, I think this kid can be BETTER than Tyson Clabo was at his best. I'm excited to see what he can do on our line.

Jonathan Massaquoi - Nolan really likes this kid, and so does a lot of the Falcons fan base. He's got all the tools to be a really solid pass rusher and Mike Nolan is going to give him a shot this season. I think we're going to see this kid shooting for the quarterback from all different angles of the football field.

Gilmore coult emerge to being the best outa this group of CB. Either him or Jenkins so either or both would get my vote. Whitney Mercilus is also gonna breakout playing time depending.

I'd say Broyles, but his health is up in the air. And I don't wana do a incoming sophomore, so I'll go with either Nick Fairley who was pretty good last year to become the second of two all-pro DTs on our squad.

Jason Jones is also a guy who could breakout into a double digit sack guy.

Gilmore coult emerge to being the best outa this group of CB. Either him or Jenkins so either or both would get my vote.

Casey Hayward says hi.

Casey Hayward says hi.

Ain't Hayward a Nickel Back though? Outside CB and NB are totally different positions IMO. Guys who are good at one can be terrible at others. Takes different skill sets. I don't like comparing CBs and NBs. But technically they are labeled CBs, so fair enough.

^I'm on your boat.

But either way, I think the two mentioned in my earlier post are going to be the best ones in the class moving forward.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Chris Harris happens to be amazing in the nickel and outside. >_> Just saying.

Chris Harris happens to be amazing in the nickel and outside. >_> Just saying.

Some can do both. Charles Woodson was the same. But most guys only succeed at one or the other. :shrug:

:Broncos: I'm a big fan of Derek Wolfe. I really wanted the Chiefs to draft him, but he went a little higher than I think people expected. No Dr. Dume could mean some good things for this kid.

:Browns: Josh Gordon has the skill set to be a very good WR in this league, but he needs some help out there. There is already some news people saying that he's better than any of this season's prospects in a presumably deep WR class. If they go out and draft a WR who can take over for Greg "Little-to-no-hands," Gordon could flourish. Also, Weeden is going to have to play MUCH better.

:Chiefs: Take your pick between Dexter McCluster and Jon Baldwin. With a new, seemingly pass-happy head coach, one of these guys is poised for a major breakout season. With McCluster doing so little in his multiple years in the league, it's easy to lean toward Baldwin. However, Reid claims to have bit plans for Dex. Baldwin has never really been given ANY chance for success since his first HC found every excuse to not play him and his second couldn't HC a pee-wee team in the city league. Plus, his QBs ignored his presence on the field in an almost intentional fashion. All that said, one of these guys is bound to have a good year.

Richardson also had a yard less per attempt than those two guys.

yep for sure. You should have watched some of our games. T-Rich was getting molested as soon as he touched the rock. There was some stat on a site that showed average time to contact and yards after contact. It was obscene. Good news is things will change under Norv Turner and hopefully we'll solidify the right side of our oline and maybe run with a fullback.

yep for sure. You should have watched some of our games. T-Rich was getting molested as soon as he touched the rock. There was some stat on a site that showed average time to contact and yards after contact. It was obscene. Good news is things will change under Norv Turner and hopefully we'll solidify the right side of our oline and maybe run with a fullback.

I'm sorry, but we can only have one RB use that excuse on these boards, and his name is Chris Johnson.

• Upvote 1

I dunno how I was sleeping on Dmac's post earlier, but I'm on board with him with JANORIS JENKINS. The kid is an absolute stud. He already is the best CB of that class so far IMO, and will continue to be. I do like Gilmore a lot too. But Jenkins is gonna be a problem for years.

I dunno how I was sleeping on Dmac's post earlier, but I'm on board with him with JANORIS JENKINS. The kid is an absolute stud. He already is the best CB of that class so far IMO, and will continue to be. I do like Gilmore a lot too. But Jenkins is gonna be a problem for years.

Not a Claiborne fan?

Akiem Hicks will benefit from a scheme change and play NT, and have a break out year.

Something tells me Brian Quick will step up his game as well.

:Eagles:

Brandon Graham

Phillip Hunt

Damaris Johnson

The fact that Damaris Johnson did well on handoffs a couple times last year makes me believe Chip Kelly will use him a lot more than Andy Reid did. I think Phillip Hunt and Brandon Graham are going to both be effective speed rushers on the outside in a 3-4.

:NFL:

Eric Berry

Courtney Upshaw

Rolando McClain

Derrick Morgan

T.Y. Hilton

Bernard Pierce

3 Ravens on this list. They did a great job going and getting McClain in FA to go with Upshaw and I think Bernard Pierce is going to outshine Ray Rice this year. Dude is a helluva back. Really liked Berry coming out of the draft. I think in his third year with more time away from his knee he's going to start playing a lot better. Same with Derrick Morgan.

Lamar Miller is going to have a big season in Miami.

For the Bucs, I think Da'Quan Bowers breaks out this year. Double digit sacks.

• Upvote 1

:Eagles:

Nick Foles (homer picks :grinno: )

Zach Ertz

Brandon Graham

Damaris Johnson

Fletcher Cox (will continue to improve)

:NFL:

Percy Harvin :Seahawks:

Steven Jackson :Falcons:

Stephen Gilmore :Bills:

Panthers defensive line :panthers:

Randall Cobb :Packers:

T.Y Hilton :Colts:

Jarvis Jones :Steelers:

Danny Amendola :Patriots:

Xavier Rhodes :Vikings:

Ryan Tannehill :dolphins:

Josh Gordon :Browns: if someone can get him the ball effectively

Darrius Heyward Bey :Colts: finally reaches 1000 yards

Demacro Murray :Cowboys: if he stays healthy

Reggie Bush :Lions:

Ryan Kerrigan :Redskins: with the return of Brian Orakpo

Golden Tate :Seahawks:

Edited by dutchff7

DaQuan Bowers :Bucs:

Mark Barron :Bucs:

Lamar Miller :dolphins:

Alshon Jeffrey :Bears:

Michael Floyd :Cardinals:

Fletcher Cox :Eagles:

Chris Ivory :Jets:

Reggie Bush :Lions:

Far from inclusive, because I haven't been on my football study A-game lately...

Charles Clay - I think Razor summed it up pretty well. There were a couple of times he caught the ball deeper than I thought he was good for, so I'm interested to see what his role will be in a (supposedly) revamped pass attack.

Lamar Miller - This kid was exciting the few times he got to play, and his average is, IMO, a subtle testament to how reliable he may become with an increased role. Several players and personnel have commented on his improved pass protection as well, so needless to say I'm very intrigued by what could be an electric skill set.

David Wilson - After his early woes I think he recovered himself nicely, making the most of his special teams play on more than one occasion and posting a respectable average by season's end with his limited touches.

Andrew Hawkins - I think he's extremely dangerous in open field with the ball, and he showed on numerous occasions he can make people miss in moderate traffic as well. He strikes me as the perfect underneath compliment to the Green deep threat and I expect his season numbers to continue to rise.

Dwayne Allen - Not sure if you can call it a breakout year after posting over 500 yards and a 10 yard average in the rookie year, but I certainly think his role will be increased, as well as the RZ targets and, subsequently, TDs.