JetsFan4Life

2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Fuck pro basketball.

When Wade and Lebron play that well, I doubt any team in the NBA beats them. Pacers sucked hard though.

Really looking forward to this series. Since they don't really have tape on each other with superstars sitting out for each team in the season meetings, adjustments are going to be even more important this series. In Pop We Trust.

Miami defend the PnR as good as anybody. Kawhi has his hands full as he will be on Lebron. Hope the refs don't call early bullshit fouls on Kawhi though.

People have mentioned Lebron on Tony, but I Don't really see how they do that. Tony works harder than anybody in the league off the ball. He goes through about 5 screens per offensive possession. Doubt they want Lebron chasing him around everywhere.

Timmy needs to dominate down low and Spurs can't let the Heat build a huge lead. I never count out my Spurs but it is way tougher to come back from 15 against Lebron than it is against any other team.

Spurs will have had 10 days off before game 1, so I am really hoping they didn't lose their rhythm too much.

Indiana looked like a deer in the headlights in game 7. Sad, because they really had a great playoffs. I liked watching them play. And, lol about the comment of the Spurs getting a lot of calls.

GO SPURS!

Could you please not? I feel like every team you cheer for in these playoffs ends up losing.

• Upvote 2

It's because he exclusively roots for underdogs.

Oh great. Another conspiracy nut in here.

Anywho, I'll let Bware and Mikey qq to each other.

As far as basketball goes: I am hoping so hard that the Spurs win this thing. But I have a feeling, a dread feeling, that it's not even going to be a series.

So here is my best attempt at reverse psychology:

Heat in 3.

That's right. Heat don't even need 4 games to knock the Spurs out.

• Downvote 1

Really looking forward to this series. Since they don't really have tape on each other with superstars sitting out for each team in the season meetings, adjustments are going to be even more important this series. In Pop We Trust.

Miami defend the PnR as good as anybody. Kawhi has his hands full as he will be on Lebron. Hope the refs don't call early bullshit fouls on Kawhi though.

People have mentioned Lebron on Tony, but I Don't really see how they do that. Tony works harder than anybody in the league off the ball. He goes through about 5 screens per offensive possession. Doubt they want Lebron chasing him around everywhere.

Timmy needs to dominate down low and Spurs can't let the Heat build a huge lead. I never count out my Spurs but it is way tougher to come back from 15 against Lebron than it is against any other team.

Spurs will have had 10 days off before game 1, so I am really hoping they didn't lose their rhythm too much.

Indiana looked like a deer in the headlights in game 7. Sad, because they really had a great playoffs. I liked watching them play. And, lol about the comment of the Spurs getting a lot of calls.

Is it really chasing if LeBron never has to do anything more than jog to keep up with Duncan?

I got the Heat in 6. I wanna say 5 but Tony Parker does present an interesting challenge, although I think Cole and Chalmers can take him. I'm wondering if they are going to try to try the blitz on pick and rolls as aggressively against the Spurs. They've done it all season and it worked for them but with an offense that can flow like SA, that could really hunt them.

Is it really chasing if LeBron never has to do anything more than jog to keep up with Duncan?

He said Parker, not Duncan. LeBron would have to do a lot more than jog to keep up with Parker considering Parker is one of the fastest players in the NBA.

He said Parker, not Duncan. LeBron would have to do a lot more than jog to keep up with Parker considering Parker is one of the fastest players in the NBA.

Fail on my part, read Tony as Tim for whatever reason

I'm interested to see who whines more between LeBron and Duncan. They're two of the best players in the league, but the amount they whine and how demonstrative they are should literally be documented.

Oh great. Another conspiracy nut in here.

Anywho, I'll let Bware and Mikey qq to each other.

As far as basketball goes: I am hoping so hard that the Spurs win this thing. But I have a feeling, a dread feeling, that it's not even going to be a series.

So here is my best attempt at reverse psychology:

Heat in 3.

That's right. Heat don't even need 4 games to knock the Spurs out.

Its a conspiracy that a ref caught got cheating games a couple of years ago? Really? You don't remember? Surely you do? Its funny how u come in, read something, discredit it like its a FACT, when its just your opinion. Your opinion cant overthrow facts bruh. Bad reffing happens all the time. The favorites normally get the ref cooking. The fuck is to neg about that? All I said is truth. You going to neg facts? LMAO. *Kanye shrug.

As for the series, the Spurs remind me of the Mavs when they beat the Heat a couple years ago. If Miami can get Allen and Miller going from 3, itll be a quick series IMO. But then again we always count the Spurs out early don't we? I feel Miami will take the series in 6 but im going for the Spurs. Keeping it WEST Conf.

• Downvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm interested to see who whines more between LeBron and Duncan. They're two of the best players in the league, but the amount they whine and how demonstrative they are should literally be documented.

I really don't understand why or how you watch pro basketball. Are you a masochist?

• Upvote 1

I really don't understand why or how you watch pro basketball. Are you a masochist?

Don't these two bother you?

I don't know what you expect them to do. As a fan, nobody complains more about officiating than you do. How can you expect two of the best/most competitive players in the league to not say anything? The refs actually affect them, not you. Tim Duncan is a guy who does not take part in trash talking and bulletin board material, but internally he is one of the fiercest competitors the NBA has ever seen. As Herm Edwards says, "You play to win the game!" If you think that talking to the refs a lot after fouls is going to help you out, then you're going to do it.

Its a conspiracy that a ref caught got cheating games a couple of years ago? Really? You don't remember? Surely you do? Its funny how u come in, read something, discredit it like its a FACT, when its just your opinion. Your opinion cant overthrow facts bruh. Bad reffing happens all the time. The favorites normally get the ref cooking. The fuck is to neg about that? All I said is truth. You going to neg facts? LMAO. *Kanye shrug.

As for the series, the Spurs remind me of the Mavs when they beat the Heat a couple years ago. If Miami can get Allen and Miller going from 3, itll be a quick series IMO. But then again we always count the Spurs out early don't we? I feel Miami will take the series in 6 but im going for the Spurs. Keeping it WEST Conf.

Umad bro?

Lol at going to a different thread and negging me there.

What you said in the post I negged wasn't fact, it was your opinion. It was your opinion that there was a lot of double-sided calls. It was your opinion that the refs were calling it mostly on the Pacers.

There were very few facts in that post. Just you being you being your normal self.

• Upvote 1

Find me a player who graciously accepts a foul call on the regular. Oh, you can't.

Tim is known for his "eyes wide open" sarcastically confused look at officials, but every damn player in the league reacts terrible to a foul call against them. Could go through every team and point out a player who whines almost every time they foul. Even Tim throws his hand up every once in a while when he knows he fouled the guy. I'd say Manu whines more after fouling, because he is way more animated.

Fail on my part, read Tony as Tim for whatever reason

Haha, yeah I think Lebron can keep up stride for stride with Timmy...

Find me a player who graciously accepts a foul call on the regular. Oh, you can't.

Tim is known for his "eyes wide open" sarcastically confused look at officials, but every damn player in the league reacts terrible to a foul call against them. Could go through every team and point out a player who whines almost every time they foul. Even Tim throws his hand up every once in a while when he knows he fouled the guy. I'd say Manu whines more after fouling, because he is way more animated.

I can't speak for the Spurs, because I don't care to watch them. Watching the Heat, especially in this recent series with the Pacers, it was excruciating. You don't need to "graciously accept" a call every time or whatever other hyperbole you want to use... However, watching Lebron stand up, shrug his arms and then put both hands to his head as he runs the full length of the court screaming in shock of the call is a bit of an over-dramatization. D Wade does the same thing, and it pisses me off, maybe even more so, because he used to be one of my favorite players.

You don't need to sing Julie Andrews' rendition of "My Favorite Things" as your anus gets penetrated by the refs, but come on... Get over yourself guys.

• Upvote 1

Umad bro?

Lol at going to a different thread and negging me there.

What you said in the post I negged wasn't fact, it was your opinion. It was your opinion that there was a lot of double-sided calls. It was your opinion that the refs were calling it mostly on the Pacers.

There were very few facts in that post. Just you being you being your normal self.

I did that because u said something stupid. Which u deserved a negged. and it was obvious foul calls. A foul. Is a push. Extended arms forward into another player. Fact. The Heat were doing just that and the refs werent calling it. Also its not a conspiracy if a ref got caught before. Thats what was stupid about your post. Conspiracy? Its been proved so how is it conspiracy?

• Downvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

No because they're not the only players who do it. It's hypocritical to dislike those two due to their whining but like any other super star.

I've watched nearly every game Dwight Howard played for 8 years, that right there was a true whiner.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

I've watched nearly every game Dwight Howard played for 8 years, that right there was a true whiner.

I wonder if BWare dislikes Harden for how much he whines. He's even notorious for getting back on defense late because he's too busy jawing at officials. Saw it happen several times IN THIS PLAYOFFS against OKC.